admin@glados.cc

Day Z is insulting to LGBT people

I think it can safely be said that Gender reassignments would not be prioritised in a post apocalyptic future....

I think people would have slightly larger concerns. Like not getting their faces chewed off...

To OP. Your post has resulted in me now resenting the LGBT, and will now oppose it as much as I can. I hope you are satisfied...

/read the first post..

/check number of pages/last posts

/laugh then cry n leave.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2793443

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2793479

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2793116

I think this guy's just had a load of bad experiences with the mod and decided that it would be a good idea to find silly excuses for us to boycott DayZ. This is just incredibly silly and' date=' congratulations, you've made yourself look like an idiot and no one will take you seriously.

[/quote']

Wow...

Hemad-Effect, imo.

Some of these things could've been fixed by checking options. :dodgy:

Also, it's an Alpha, yet most people get it to work. It does not take rocket science to start up an Arma II mod properly, and even a more complex / early version / mod like DayZ.

E: With "startup" I also mean getting as far to play. Some servers are less prone to work than others. Trial and error. Same goes for playing the mod. Trial and error.

Protip: You can't change your gender in real-life. If you get one of those surgeries, you'll just end up as a mutilated male/female.

Nice effort, but poor execution, I'll give it a 3/10

Protip: You can't change your gender in real-life. If you get one of those surgeries' date=' you'll just end up as a mutilated male/female.

Nice effort, but poor execution, I'll give it a 3/10

[/quote']

QFT

Hmm wow this thread shows the true light of how bad this crappy community is Screw all you fucking homophobes and transphobes, fucking assholes.

Hmm wow this thread shows the true light of how bad this crappy community is Screw all you fucking homophobes and transphobes' date=' fucking assholes.

[/quote']

And you just demonstrated how mature you were compared to us :)

Hmm wow this thread shows the true light of how bad this crappy community is Screw all you fucking homophobes and transphobes' date=' fucking assholes.

[/quote']

tumblr_ljvah8R4hH1qhgj0q.jpg

On a serious note, more than 8/10th's trolling, 1/10th seriousness, 1/10th sympathy and a dash of sugar.

This is what happens when Rocket adds a complelety useless feature in an ALPHA game.. He could have used the time to fix so much else and add something better. We would not have these kinds of posts if this female crap wasnt added.

[/quote']

Really? Sorry that I don't enjoy reading 29 pages of people calling people like me freaks of nature and disgusting, this is on a totally different level of disappointment with this community. Try and change this anyway you want more than half the people in this thread are fucked in the head about how they think about another human being.

Really? Sorry that I don't enjoy reading 29 pages of people calling people like me freaks of nature and disgusting' date=' this is on a totally different level of disappointment with this community. Try and change this anyway you want more than half the people in this thread are fucked in the head about how they think about another human being.

[/quote']

I read the first post and fell about laughin, i then read the spider man pic and laughed even harder.

I saw the religious posts and thought "ah shit we got a storm brewing" but it past

And then we get the almost serious debat, i dont really care about it, you can be anything you want in any aspect of life imo just as long as your not a dick

[/quote']

Really? Sorry that I don't enjoy reading 29 pages of people calling people like me freaks of nature and disgusting, this is on a totally different level of disappointment with this community. Try and change this anyway you want more than half the people in this thread are fucked in the head about how they think about another human being.

It's more like 3 pages.

Ancient%20Aliens%20meme%20-%20MAGNETS.png

[/quote']

Are you really so dense as to look at a forum post with 29 pages, then say obviously everyone involved is fucking insulting the LGBT movement? Cause if so I have to question how long you've been on the internet for.

PS. This whole entire thread is full of people laughing at the thread creator for not understanding how this game works, hope that's a good TL: DR for you.

At launch' date=' you get a GIANT warning of how your gender is ONE TIME and is permanently bound. You can never change it.

There's a reason why there are sex changes. [b']Gender is not static, it can be changed.

Seriously you're a fucking moron. A male is and always will be a male. A female will and always will be a female. You CANNOT change the fucking chromosomes, so your argument is not only idi-fucking-otic, but there's zero validity to it.

Want to do a DNA test on a person that had a sex change? Say that person was born a male, then had an operation. What do you think the DNA results would show regarding this person's sex?????????????

Now obviously there are other abnormalities such as hermaphrodites. They are born with both XX and XY chromosomes, but this is not what you mention.

So, while you could technically be right that there should be a third option which could be Male, Female, and Hermaphrodite, but that's not what you're arguing so you're not technically right. You're just plain wrong and stupid.

[/quote']

Ive not seen in one post the words describing you a 'Freak of nature'

I've got so much I could say to you in my own personal opinion but I'm not, I'm going to follow the forum rules. I just think you should leave pal.

I think we should demand that Rocket rewrite the entire game to include necrophiles (i mean, its perfect for it isnt it?), rapists, pedophiles and zoophiliacs...

Oh or should we just demand that he rewrites the entire game to cater to the benevolent sexual minorities?

Seriously. Demanding that someone rewrites an entire game that is about surviving a zombie apocalypse so that you can be a transgender, crossdresser or whatever is extremely moronic.

The game is not about that in even the slightest form.

Are you a male transgender? play as a female.

Are you a female transgender? play as a male.

Oh you want to be able to switch when you want? tough luck! come back when you can take a pill in real life to change your sex overnight.

Ps. saying that you can change sex in real life by crossdressing is bull, since everyone wears the same clothes in the game (survivor outfit, guillie suit or camo uniform) wether they are male or female.

OP people like you give legitimate activists a bad name and undermine legitimate activism.

I sincerely hope whatever combination of genitals you possess rot and fall off.

The gender selection occurs every time your character dies.

Currently you cannot change you're characters gender after that character has been created (until they die and you get a new character). My intention was to not allow your player to change their gender after an initial selection. Due to a bug I had to reverse this to the current situation. This later situation is how it says things go in the text, but the reality is you can select each time.

The assignment of a characters gender was relating to their, well, physical in-game gender, rather than their sexual identity. If you want your character to be gay or lesbian, or bisexual, then there is nothing to stop you being gay, lesbian, or bisexual in game. Although, I'm not really sure what impact that would have on your gameplay. I suspect that coming on to any other character in game is probably going to have the usual result of you getting shot and them stealing your backpack, gay or not.

I accept that enabling "transgender/sexual" gameplay is not possible in the current version. This is a technical implementation. Really, sexuality isn't something I've got any intention to specifically limit or develop in the game, other than to ensure as free and open gameplay is supported as possible.

Please remember, it's a mod - not a game (yet). So there is technical limitations over what can be achieved.

In my experience, most reasonable people do not really care what a persons sexual orientation is - in and out of the game. They just don't want things manufactured to have things one way or the other.