Sign in to follow this  
Nazdrek

Fun?

Not sure if I made the right choice buying Arma II just to play this game. I have died several times now and find myself running from zombies more than anything else. I read the noob guide and most of that info is outdated. Any other place I can go look for helpful info, besides camp good loot spawns?

Like, zombies can attack you from under a dock.

Zombies walk through closed doors.

Zombies know how to climb ladders.

You possibly didn't make the right choice depending on what review or news was the basis for your decision. Maybe chose your source of information more wisely.

There are tons of up-to-date instructional videos on Youtube, just do a search for DayZ guides / tips etc. Remember the mod is in alpha, so some things may change in the future, but its a long haul.

Infected in general will become less and less of a threat the longer you play and understand how they work.

Just hang in there. You'll figure it out. Remember, when being chased run into buildings (since they can only walk there).

Have you found a weapon yet? Once you do all that dying before will make your discovery of a weapon that much sweeter.

Trust me, once you figure out where to find stuff after spawning and get a feel for how to avoid zombies you'll start to have fun.

It's a survival game. Don't go by guides, experiment yourself. Oh, you see a little town up there? Hey, go loot it and luckily enough you might find a shotgun or a rifle to fend off those pesky zombies.

By following a guide step by step you loose the thrill of actually playing this game.

I am not looking for a step by step guide to tell me how to beat the game. I am looking for one that will give me some basic info. I have no idea how to get my blood back. That seems to be how I am dying the most.

All the basic information you need is in the wiki.

The rest you will figure out for yourself as you play more and more.

Dayzwiki.com or something - it will tell you how to get your blood back up.

Players = More of a threat than zombies later on. Stick with it! You only get better with experience in this game.

I am not looking for a step by step guide to tell me how to beat the game. I am looking for one that will give me some basic info. I have no idea how to get my blood back. That seems to be how I am dying the most.

I haven't even played the mod yet so I could be dead wrong :P but I think that either bandages or cooked meat will stop you from bleeding out.

ArmA2 isn't really built for zombie melee in mind, so sometimes zombies don't really worry about the details, like doors and walls.

Toggle crouched, Toggle walk, stay off the roads.

-Check the eye/ear icon on your right screen. The taller you walk, the faster you run the easier zombies spot you. Run crouched untill you see/hear zombies, then crouch walk, go prone if they are heading your way or too close.

-Pick up empty cans/bottles, press F to switch weapon mode to "throw", if you throw them near zombies, they will slowly move towards the sound. This way you can move zombies away from buildings you want to loot.

Canned food: +200 blood.

Cooked meat: +800 blood.

Get someone you trust to give you blood: +8000(?)

To cook meat you need to kill wild animals.

Use a huntingknife to cut the meat.

Hatchet to get wood or find wood pile in barn/shop.

Box of matches to light the fire or find a cooking barrel near a town/mil camp.

here is a place to teach you the basics it's all current cause i wondered some of the same things like how do i fix a broke bone etc here ya go man http://www.youtube.com/user/dayzguidez . as of zombies attack through docks and teleporting through doors it's bugs and such which i am sure will get cleared up but this guy has good guides not only showing you good places to start looting at first but also how to take care of the other stuff like hunting about food water and surviving.

ArmA2 isn't really built for zombie melee in mind' date=' so sometimes zombies don't really worry about the details, like doors and walls.

Toggle crouched, Toggle walk, stay off the roads.

-Check the eye/ear icon on your right screen. The taller you walk, the faster you run the easier zombies spot you. Run crouched untill you see/hear zombies, then crouch walk, go prone if they are heading your way or too close.

-Pick up empty cans/bottles, press F to switch weapon mode to "throw", if you throw them near zombies, they will slowly move towards the sound. This way you can move zombies away from buildings you want to loot.

Canned food: +200 blood.

Cooked meat: +800 blood.

Get someone you trust to give you blood: +8000(?)

To cook meat you need to kill wild animals.

Use a huntingknife to cut the meat.

Hatchet to get wood or find wood pile in barn/shop.

Box of matches to light the fire or find a cooking barrel near a town/mil camp.

[/quote']

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a ton for the info.