U.B.C.S. Ravin

How to farm loot. A guide to collecting what you want. (Outdated)

I frown deeply upon server hopping.

yet you recomend loging of to let the loot respawn. its the same shit. your just hoping onto the same server...

If you read his posts he basically moves around the map grabbing all the loot in one place and dropping it offf somewhere else. Either that or he fortifies one area so that he and his buddies can set up base camp so they can loot farm. Technically he is using fortifications in a far more legitimate way than they are used now. I haven't seen him state that he actually log out then come back in. I don't even think you can do it like that.

Thanks for this post. I always wondered why treestands never spawned loot when I biked up to one in the middle of nowhere. Now I know why.

I frown deeply upon server hopping.

yet you recomend loging of to let the loot respawn. its the same shit. your just hoping onto the same server...

That's only if you're in a group. And you don't technically have to for the respawn to take. You can just get about 50m away from the building.

loot is meant to respawn. you are not meant to force and wait for loot to respawn

The problem is, it doesn't. If its intended to work that way, it's something that needs fixed.

I can confirm that loot will never respawn if it's not cleaned out. I once checked through the tents in Stary Sobor before logging out for the night. When I logged into the same server the very next day 12 hours later, I checked them again. They all had the exact same loot! I'm fairly certain that at one point loot was supposed to cycle on it's own, but it hasn't worked that way for quite some time.

I see this problem when I check out places like Cherno, every single loot pile has nothing but garbage, because the piles that DID have anything in them has been picked over, until there is nothing left but empty cans.

Most people don't bother cleaning up the garbage, but I do, even when I don't intend on coming back through later. Let the next lucky survivor that comes through get a rare item.

I would also like to point out how I try to drop all the loot into a single pile for each building, by making sure I look at the same loot pile to access it each time I drop stuff. At least this way if I'm dropping stuff that someone needs later, it's much easier to find being in one pile instead of 15 small piles on top of each other.

loot is meant to respawn. you are not meant to force and wait for loot to respawn

I can confirm that loot will never respawn if it's not cleaned out. I once checked through the tents in Stary Sobor before logging out for the night. When I logged into the same server the very next day 12 hours later' date=' I checked them again. They all had the exact same loot!

[/quote']

How can you confirm that? How is that proof of anything?

Thats like saying you went by a bus stop and saw a bus there, and 12h later you go by it again and see the same bus. Do you assume that bus didnt move for 12h or could it be just just a coincidence?

Loot spawns in %'s, higher %'s loots like the damn tin cans spawn more often. Maybe you were just unlucky and got the same spawn twice. Prove me otherwise.

Just to clear things up, im not here saying i know how loot works, im not saying you are wrong, im just saying you cant be sure, same way i cant be sure of how i say loot mechanics work.

People are make statements here like they are speaking absolute truths, whithout being able to prove it. The case may even be that in some servers are occuring problems while in others there arent. Who knows...

It might even prove me wrong and prove you all right, but a Dev statement about this would be nice.

Thats like saying you went by a bus stop and saw a bus there' date=' and 12h later you go by it again and see the same bus. Do you assume that bus didnt move for 12h or could it be just just a coincidence?

Loot spawns in %'s, higher %'s loots like the damn tin cans spawn more often. Maybe you were just unlucky and got the same spawn twice. Prove me otherwise.

[/quote']

I can't speak for him, but the chances of getting all of the exact same loot, even if it was cans, is pretty astronomical. One bus could be a coincidence, but the exact same number of chemlights, ammunition magazines, weapons, and everything else? That's pretty unlikely.

Op you are dead inside' date='. your a husk of a gamer that could have been. Why even play the game, to be honest I'm not even sure you do.

Do you just stick to one spot, farm up everything you need,. and then,... what?

The main reason for traveling to dangerous places and about is to acquire loot, while making a choice between risk and reward, you have none of that.

you've taken a fantastic and trilling experience and made it dull.

hello i am fun, you have killed me.

[/quote']

U Mad? With your akm and Czech pack

Thats like saying you went by a bus stop and saw a bus there' date=' and 12h later you go by it again and see the same bus. Do you assume that bus didnt move for 12h or could it be just just a coincidence?

[/quote']

I can't speak for him, but the chances of getting all of the exact same loot, even if it was cans, is pretty astronomical. One bus could be a coincidence, but the exact same number of chemlights, ammunition magazines, weapons, and everything else? That's pretty unlikely.

Not really... Imagine a server that restarts every 4h. Again, i cant say this works like this for a fact, but if after a restart everything always spawns the same, he could of have checked the tent after a restart, left, then 4 + 4 + 4 = 12h and he checked it after another restart.

And to be honest i tend to doubt he checked every loot to see if it was EXACTLY the same, and lets not forget, 12h later, things might be diferent and you really dont remember them that well. Do you memorize what you see in every loot you dont take?

I know it was no coincidence. The reason I even remembered the loot so well was because that was the third time I had checked the tents that night. The various lower-tier military weapons, ammo, chemlights, backpack, and other supplies were all in the exact same tents, in the exact same position each time. There wasn’t much in the way of garbage loot, so anyone that did happen to come by likely didn’t find anything worth taking. I even ran over to Noby Sobor to check out a few buildings, and the house & stable buildings on the west side of town all had the same supplies & junk loot as the night before. The server wasn’t rebooted in this time. I’m sorry if I didn’t bother taking screenshots and a detailed inventory of everything before I logged out.

This was also several weeks ago before I even knew you could empty loot piles to force new items to spawn. I was still under the impression at the time that the loot would cycle on its own after a time even with nobody taking stuff. I even posted about it in the one update thread.

Caught up on a few posts several more people pointing out 'Loot doesn't respawn'.

Its your word against there word. Really, more people are pointing out that loot doesn't respawn, so possibly in the end maybe the loot not despawning is a Day-Z problem and might be fixed during 1.7.2. However, I am staying the fuck off until the load problem is fixed and 1.7.2.1 comes out. Haha.

To answer the question how I found out the range distance, Rangefinders. 30m seemed to be the sweet spot for us. If someone else can give me solid numbers otherwise. That's my assumption.

I'm sorry but after you have played the game for a few days its so obvious when loot is the exact same as it was before. I really doubt people are getting confused.

The odds of the same exact loot spawning in a high yield building has to be in the billions.

I really have to say, after having had a bad first day of a dozen deaths and empty cans in all the loot points, this post made things alot better. I tried clearing the cans from some loot points, and lo and behold, there was new equipment at the loot points. This worked every time I tried it.

It's changed how I loot. I try to take everything, discard what I don't want later on. Then, if I come back later, there's not a bunch of empty cans and bottles.

Thanks a whole lot for your insight, this game has been so much fun today.

Thanks a whole lot for your insight' date=' this game has been so much fun today.

[/quote']

Was this during 1.7.2. by chance? Or earlier before the current update? I am glad it helped you out in a positive light.

I haven't downloaded any updates today, so I think it is the earlier one.

Thank you Thortimer. Hopefully soon I can confirm or deny this still works in 1.7.2

Wow, great informative post, thanks Ravin.

Saw a lot of empy buildings/deer-stands lately, thought I was just unlucky, that a survivor raided it just before me everytime.

Will test the 30m theory tonight, see if anything's changed since 1.7.2

Non-related rant :

Sadly, I had to go through so many posts where people argue that this is an "exploit", and/or "lame", to get all the juicy spawn mechanics.

9_9

These people are scrubs.

What is a scrub you may ask?

David Sirlin's definiton of a scrub:

"A scrub is a player who is handicapped by self-imposed rules that the game knows nothing about."

Take it up with the devs, not the players.

A player is never wrong for taking any, and all, legitimate moves a game allows.

So what is a legitimate move?

My personal opinion is, if your in-game, anything you can make your character do, is a legitimate move.

Running, shooting, crawling, killing...

farming ;-)

Contentious moves seem to include things like, driving a vehicle off-map, to hide it.

I don't consider disconnecting to avoid PvP/zombies a legitimate move.

It's not something your character is doing in-game, but the devs know about that problem, in due time they will fix it (I hope, otherwise we can take it up with them).

SO, after all that,

1. please stop telling other players how to play the game according to your own set of personal non-lame rules.

2. understand the game's mechanics

3. ???

4. profit

Edited by jmachine

Pretty late update, but it appears loot still behaves this way in 1.7.2.3.

Had a lot going on IRL, So I hadn't played this last week.

I frown deeply upon server hopping. However, why would I do that when thats highly ineffective and rather easy way to get shot in the back? I much rather keep my tanktraps all over the airfield and kill server hoppers or throw them into debug forest and collect their loot when they die from doing that?

Before you post I recommend reading.

I agree why would you even make a GUIDE of this?

this mod will get ruined sooner or later by people like this, just ruining the game.

What else is new?

Abusing game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage = exploiting...

kk?

Your tears sustain me.

But please, feel free to continue to voice your displeasure, it bumps the thread. :beans:

I have already explained in other pages on how this isn't an exploit and Mods/Devs have already read this thread and have not closed it. Your personal opinion or morals doesn't make you right.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin

course it's an exploit. you're using game mechanics to your advantage to gain loot faster than normal people hunting would find it. and as thus, by very definition : is exploiting.

ex·ploit

ex·ploit·ed, ex·ploit·ing, ex·ploits

To employ to the greatest possible advantage:

To make use of selfishly or unethically
:
Edited by Blindingsun

course it's an exploit. you're using game mechanics to your advantage to gain loot faster than normal people hunting would find it. and as thus, by very definition : is exploiting.

ex·ploit

tr.v. ex·ploit·ed, ex·ploit·ing, ex·ploits

To employ to the greatest possible advantage:

To make use of selfishly or unethically
:

Thank you for the bump.

tumblr_m5o6fgKOTc1rte9hco1_400.gif