omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

PVP is Out of Control.

^^^ this

seriously though... if pvp was nerfed it would be such a boring game for those of us who have no trouble clearing zombie after zombie in a single sitting

I only ever die due to taking too long to kill waves of zombies and having some poorly geared makarov player come cap me in the face when im not watching

then its back to the beach to train zombies onto noobs in search of a hatchet

well' date=' everyone has forgotten the point of this thread:

what do you think is an appropriate punishment for player killing? should there be one? what should it be?

also, i like the idea of 5 seconds to reply, i will start doing that. but i still refuse to shoot someone the instant i see them. no, i won't change. yes, it's just a game, but it's still inhumane if you ask me.

[/quote']

Any one of the major cities such as Elektro, Cherno, NW Airfield, etc. Is pretty much shoot on site. If you don't follow that rule while scavenging in there. You won't make it out.

There shouldn't be a punishment for player killing anymore than there should be a punishment for people making bad decisions or mistakes.

One thing people really need to get through their heads is dying is PART of this game. Get attached to your equipment? You're not going to have fun. Everytime I've died and respawned I've found some new weapon or have had some new experience. Wouldn't have worked out that way if I hadn't been shot over and over.

If he was balsy enough to fire a handgun at you from that distance good on him. I'd have had my gun on him and done it through direct chat. No answer. Bam. You hung you ass out there because you hoped he'd give you blood. Should have eaten those meat steaks, which would have gotten the blood up to almost full and left the Cherno death trap to go hunting for another cow. Face it, you got killed because you got stupid. Live and learn.

i type "friendly?" no response

PVP IS TOTALLY OUT CONTROLF

WHATISGOINGOOOOONNNNN

You died for being a moron, cry somewhere else

Rocket should play god and curse murderers.Make their spawns real shitty as a way to curtail banditry.They can still get by just fine since they like to kill others for their loot anyway and at same time players will think twice about killing.

well' date=' everyone has forgotten the point of this thread:

what do you think is an appropriate punishment for player killing? should there be one? what should it be?

also, i like the idea of 5 seconds to reply, i will start doing that. but i still refuse to shoot someone the instant i see them. no, i won't change. yes, it's just a game, but it's still inhumane if you ask me.

[/quote']

The initial point of this thread was your complaining about a player who killed you that you could have avoided or killed. Should there be a punishment for Player Killing? Yes, as a matter of fact it is already in the game. It is called death. You kill a player, a player sometime later on in your life comes and kills you. Don't like getting killed and respawning? Tough shit, you bought the Arma II and installed the Mod. If you did any pre-hand research you would know that this mod is tough as balls.

ChooChooBot

"14 aim, blood bags, 7 cooked meats, hunting knife, hatchet, watch, map, binoculars, 3 cans of beans, my revolver, and my czech backpack."

He shot you for plenty of reasons.

so' date=' on my most recent dayz life, i got mauled by a bunch of zombies just outside the southwestern side of cherno. i healed up, ate some food, used my morphine, but still had 6000 blood. not good. so i headed to the lone west hospital in hopes of finding more morphine, because i used my only one; more bandages, because i used 5/6 of mine; and possibly someone to use the bloodbag i had on me. not really hoping to find anyone, but i felt that if i did, and they helped me, i would let them have some of my cooked meat. i had 7 of them, anyway. so i get there, and i hit the residential building just north of the hospital. zombies spawn in there. weird. so i come back outside, ready to enter the hospital, when i see someone being attacked by zombies just outside. so i watch as they deal with the problem, and hide around the corner. i type "friendly?" no response. so i walk around the corner, lower my weapon, crouch, and type "hey".

BAM

he one-shots me with a makarov, and i instantly die, losing my m14 aim, blood bags, 7 cooked meats, hunting knife, hatchet, watch, map, binoculars, 3 cans of beans, my revolver, and my czech backpack.

ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME?!

something REALLY needs to be done about the player killing in this game, people do it without thinking, with their only thought being that this is call of duty, and you're SUPPOSED to shoot random survivors. i don't know if we should go as extreme as removing the PVP mechanic, but there needs to be some way for player killers to be severely punished. any suggestions? i say that if you kill someone, ten zombies are alerted to your position. then come running up, and you have to fight them off if you want the person you killed's stuff.

TL;DR people kill me without any reason whatsoever. WHAT SHOULD THE PUNISHMENT FOR PLAYERKILLING BE? SHOULD THERE BE A PUNISHMENT? WHAT WOULD IT BE?

[/quote']

No punishment whatsoever. This mod is based on a "player-decision" attribute rather than creating a new fighting/combat system, that's what's getting the players in. It's thrilling, it's new, it's simple.

Your mistakes:

1. Posting on the forums about it.

2. Being in a major city.

3. Forgetting that certain, close situations, it turns into kill or be killed.

4. Bad judgement call.

5. Whining about it.

Re-read 1-5 until you comprehend.

/thread

Rocket should play god and curse murderers.Make their spawns real shitty as a way to curtail banditry.They can still get by just fine since they like to kill others for their loot anyway and at same time players will think twice about killing.

Shitty idea, Rocket should do want he wants to do. Not what butthurt prepubescents want. Oh and to OP use your head and learn how to play.

well' date=' everyone has forgotten the point of this thread:[/quote']

No we haven't, you forgot the point of playing the game.

None. I actually think the You Are Dead screen should be changed to tell the person what they did wrong' date=' and call them an idiot. For example, You walked out in the middle of the NWAF and shot a cow. Idiot. The people that die are the ones who should be punished, and they are. They lose all of their stuff and have to start over again. You forget, the main point of the game is survival. You failed at that if you died. There is no reason to punish the person who didn't fail at surviving just because you are butthurt over losing your gear.

You can think it is inhumane all you want. If there was no law, and it was survival of the fittest, and someone came running up to you with a loaded weapon, without saying anything to you at all, you better shoot them square in the chest. If you don't you very well could die. And while you are whining about how inhumane it is while you are in your grave, the person who shot you and is still alive will enjoy using everything you had on you at the time. You being dead might very well save his life as the zombies could stop chasing him and start feasting on you. I don't understand why people assume every person they meet should be friendly, and I especially don't understand why people get pissed off when they die in a FPS because they got shot by someone running around with a gun.

Sorry if this game is too inhumane for you. I recommend you fire up Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

I still remember the good old days when people didnt kill themselves for no reason..good times...."you had an advantage and you didnt use it?" Fuck these people.

Glad you feel that way. I never said teamwork wasn't involved in the game. Feel free to direct your last statement back at yourself.

if you're worried about gear go play the other zombie mod where u start out w/ everything depending on wat class u choose

I know DayZ does and will always have PvP option but it's not the DayZ game's fault for all the PvPing....

It's the player's fault for deciding to make the game into a overly heavy PvP game. Players could easily get past the PvPers and still push for a game of team work. But the Players are the one's with the power.

Those who say I must shoot first before they shoot me is the player entering their Frame/view of the game. If players decided to not accept this and still look to team up. We would see more of this and also a growing trend of players who will find out who these players who simply kill for fun and they will be hunted down by bands of team based teams.

The outcome of the so called Deathmatches happening in Dayz is not the Game's fault but the Players. We can be like lemmings or say fine' date='..kill me but I will always try to team up and show that this game can be more enjoyable with sharing exciting moments with others.

I have never killed a player. I always try to team up. I have given blood transfusions with a player before. I have been killed by other players. Other players can kill me all they want but i will not change my play style. I will take that bullet and respawn and get back up and help other players. I will defend other players from hostile ones. I will not let this shoot first mentality to corrupt me. I will always be Friendly even if it get me killed. This is who i am...

[/quote']

Same here. I've been playing DayZ since the times where playerkilling was rare. I have never shot other players unless they shot me first. I would still fire up one of the old, buggy versions as long as PKing was like before.

Same here. I've been playing DayZ since the times where playerkilling was rare.

Wow! You played DayZ before DayZ existed? Amazing.

[...]

[...]

There have been countless (and equally pointless) discussions about this' date=' one of which I even initiated myself! Silly me. :rolleyes:

The thing is, that there will never be any game mechanical "punishments". Rocket stated that he won't implement these kinds of things, because every feedback that is given to the player should be passive and therefore more authentic. You have to adjust to what the game world gives you, including the players. That is the point. Make the best out of a mess.

The uncertainty of player interaction is part of that, although you can almost be certain that anyone will kill you out of panic, for your loot or just for fun. So you can choose, be the 1% good guys, avoid others or choose the easy and fast path of being a bandit.

You don't have to approve of that. I certainly don't (at least the last point), but you either have to deal with it or stop playing, because it's not going away. In your reply you wrote "I won't change" and that is alright, it's your decision. If for some reason however you want to stay alive and don't like people shooting at you, you should/i] change your ways: stay away from the locations that have already been named e.g. hospitals, military installations, coastline, open fields. Sneak. A lot. All the time. Avoid other players until you can deal with them. Only make contact if you are at a clear advantage. Scouting and sneaking slows you down and takes it's time, but it keeps you alive a lot longer than running around shouting "friendly!".

Keep to the woods and smaller towns, gather your gear and try surviving (while still avoiding players). After you managed to do that it will automatically become less fun, because it is too easy. Next step is to help out noobies or actively seek confrontation with other players, by looting higher frequented areas. But it is all up to you, do whatever you want, but don't expect everything to be easy or even to work out at all.

You got your values and that is fine, but you can not expect others to appereciate or share them. Don't be mad, you'll be killed lots of times by hacks, hacks (hatchet this time), snipers, zombies and bugs. You only lose if you stop trying.

tl;dr: Abandon ship or sink like the rest of us.

so' date=' on my most recent dayz life, i got mauled by a bunch of zombies just outside the southwestern side of cherno. i healed up, ate some food, used my morphine, but still had 6000 blood. not good. so i headed to the lone west hospital in hopes of finding more morphine, because i used my only one; more bandages, because i used 5/6 of mine; and possibly someone to use the bloodbag i had on me. not really hoping to find anyone, but i felt that if i did, and they helped me, i would let them have some of my cooked meat. i had 7 of them, anyway. so i get there, and i hit the residential building just north of the hospital. zombies spawn in there. weird. so i come back outside, ready to enter the hospital, when i see someone being attacked by zombies just outside. so i watch as they deal with the problem, and hide around the corner. i type "friendly?" no response. so i walk around the corner, lower my weapon, crouch, and type "hey".

BAM

he one-shots me with a makarov, and i instantly die, losing my m14 aim, blood bags, 7 cooked meats, hunting knife, hatchet, watch, map, binoculars, 3 cans of beans, my revolver, and my czech backpack.

ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME?!

something REALLY needs to be done about the player killing in this game, people do it without thinking, with their only thought being that this is call of duty, and you're SUPPOSED to shoot random survivors. i don't know if we should go as extreme as removing the PVP mechanic, but there needs to be some way for player killers to be severely punished. any suggestions? i say that if you kill someone, ten zombies are alerted to your position. then come running up, and you have to fight them off if you want the person you killed's stuff.

TL;DR people kill me without any reason whatsoever. WHAT SHOULD THE PUNISHMENT FOR PLAYERKILLING BE? SHOULD THERE BE A PUNISHMENT? WHAT WOULD IT BE?

[/quote']

You arent able to survive in a game with other players, i would suggest use the singleplayer option within arma.

That or move to a other game.

The pvp in this game is fine, that you cant handle it isnt a reason to state that the pvp is out of control.

That is basicly a statement about you having l2p issues.

[...]

[...]

There have been countless (and equally pointless) discussions about this' date=' one of which I even initiated myself! Silly me. :roll

tl;dr: Abandon ship or sink like the rest of us

Finally, someone who isnt all like:

ERMAHGERD SOM1 WHOO TREID TO MAEK CNVORSASHUN!!! QQ CRAI MOAR U FKIN BEBBEH U SUK GOAN DIE U STUPED NEWB!!

Yes, i will continue to play the game, yes, i might be a little miffed at bugs and zombies, but just having someone fresh off of call of duty come along and instantly ruin your fun kind of kills the game. Yes, i am in full understanding that this is an alpha mod, which is why i was angry over this for about ten seconds after i died. We are testers, nothing is permanent. Cool. Whatever. But still, killjoys cetainitly kill the joy. I still would like to know what people think of five zombies coming to the, murderer's position.

[...]

[...]

There have been countless (and equally pointless) discussions about this' date=' one of which I even initiated myself! Silly me. :roll

tl;dr: Abandon ship or sink like the rest of us

Finally, someone who isnt all like:

ERMAHGERD SOM1 WHOO TREID TO MAEK CNVORSASHUN!!! QQ CRAI MOAR U FKIN BEBBEH U SUK GOAN DIE U STUPED NEWB!!

Yes, i will continue to play the game, yes, i might be a little miffed at bugs and zombies, but just having someone fresh off of call of duty come along and instantly ruin your fun kind of kills the game. Yes, i am in full understanding that this is an alpha mod, which is why i was angry over this for about ten seconds after i died. We are testers, nothing is permanent. Cool. Whatever. But still, killjoys cetainitly kill the joy. I still would like to know what people think of five zombies coming to the, murderer's position.

well as i see it, its not that we are only testers, but players that want to play a "survivor game". but is ruined by players that could care less about that, and just wants to kill...

It amazes me how many uneducated kids come on the forums ranting about PVP. Before you even complain about the whole thing' date=' let's look at the story line of the game. A zombie Apocalypse starts taking over Chernarus, there is no police, army, and type of government, politics, whatever you want, there is none of it. Do you really think that if this was going to happen in real life (because that's what the game is trying to simulate) that people would give two shits about player killing to live/survive? If your one of those idiots, chances are your going to be one of the first ones to die. It amazes me even more to think you could of easily survived with what you told me you had to get your blood back up, that just shows me that instead of taking the save route, you took the MOST dangerous path to get your blood back. There is nothing wrong with the PVP System, if you want to just kill zombies, play Left 4 Dead. If you want a real life zombie Apocalypse simulator, stop crying and play the damn game.

[/quote']

Wrong. In a zombie apocalypse, the natural thing to do would be to seek other survivors and start rebuilding the commuity. Of course, some paranoid psychoes would still be around killing people.

I start thinking you are an uneducated kid. You are actually saying that in an apocalypse, your goal would be to kill every human you see until you are the only human left on planet? Isn't that destroying your own race?

Rocket once said that your character ingame is supposed to reflect YOU. And I doubt you would do this in the apocalypse.