Sign in to follow this  
roundkickkid

What do you do after you get some basic survival gear?

Okay so you got that rad m16 with 5 mags, a trusty revolver which you always get head shots with (if your name is Rick) and food and water for days. Now what?

What do you do after you get some of the basic items to have fun? Do you go and slaughter as many zombies as possible, try and shoot anyone who looks at you funny, or do you try and help other survivors out?

kill anyone and everyone you see. or they will do it to you first. trust no one. shoot first ask questions later. zombie killing is meh. end game content on this game is meh.

I would shoot anyone you don't know/are not expecting. Other than that, try to find a unique way of still having fun in the game, even if you've past the whole looting stuff phase.

Also I recommend playing with friends or a group. Much more enjoyable to play.

Head north and start trying to build a good weapons gear. Once you have good weapons and a tent, hide the weapons in it. Then start finding friends etc. or ask IRL friends to play with you. Once you got friends go get weapons for the both of you from the tent and start having some multiplayer zed-killin' fun :)

Don't listen to iSayNo. Just shooting everything that moves is a stupid idea in a zombie survival simulation. Try finding more lucrative loot or even some vehicles =] Be weary of other players and try to avoid confrontation with them.

You could pursue a hunting knife then try to survive on the land =]

YOU HOARDE EVERYTHING THAT YOU CAN FIND INTO A CAMP AND THEN RUN AROUND THE MAP SHOOTING EVERYTHING IN SITE!

better loot, vehicles, nvg, gps, ghille (all in one life isn't such a cakewalk) set up a camp, get some sd weapons and practice headshots. Surviving and actually doing things besides living in the forest is still a challenge.

hang in the forest near the edge of the towns getting a sugar high from an alice pack full of coke and pepsi, once suitably mashed off my face i call to survivors within range and ask if they have any garlic or pepper to go with my cow steaks. If they dont answer i throw flares and chem sticks at them until they sprint off like olympic champions.

Right now I think I'm the best equipped I've ever been, not quite endgame gear but better than what you're likely to find milling around on the coast. My goal now is to find a tent, set it up and hoard loot. If that works out I'll go scouting for a vehicle. I suppose if I had a camp, wheels and the best of everything I'd be pretty bored but I'm likely to die before that happens.

TL-DR: I'd just keep looting.

Team up with some friends and help as they gear up. Try to find and or repair a vehicle. Make a fort. Help a noob stranger, its like adopting a bum :P.

After I get some basic survival gear? I try to get even better gear :-)

I'm still looking for a ghilly suit, so that's my main goal ATM. In the meantime I'm having all kind of adventures and I'm making all kind of discovery's.

When I'm tired of exploring I build a campfire, cook some meat and look at the stars.

What do you do after you get some of the basic items to have fun? Do you go and slaughter as many zombies as possible' date=' try and shoot anyone who looks at you funny, or do you try and help other survivors out?

[/quote']

do what you want to do

or make sure you got a map, compass, knife, hatchet, matchbox and a big pack, then go off to the woods and never come back.

I have just reached this point for the second time since I started playing DayZ last week. My first time ended with me being attacked by two people flanking me.

This time I am heading out and just stopping at residential and farm loot spots keeping my supplies up and looking for a tent.

Then it is off to find a spot to put the tent up and start hoarding stuff and hopefully upgrading my weapons.

I would like to finally find a toolbox so I can start removing all of the wire that people place everywhere.

Biggest word of advice to any new players, make sure to stock up on morphine. Having an abundance of it with you will save you the hassle of having to make a trip back to one of the hospitals or the military hot spots.