JPalmer

The Yogcast video sure did ruin the community

I watched their videos on youtube, and the only gripe I have with it is that they are essentially exploiting the game with the help of a server admin.

They appear to be "givin" gear I'm assuming spawned in gear. They are playing on a private and/or locked server.

Sure, they may not be using this for "evil" purposes but they easily and accidentally could by logging into a different server with their illegitimate gear.

They may as well log into a full server and spawn in a few weapon crates to get all the gear they need.

This game relies on a level playing field while it may be broken at the moment due to disconnects and server hopping. This kind of exploiting should not be tolerated.

If the server is connected to the hive I would like to see the server admin's server blocked, and or banned for misuse and abuse of this mod.

However All would be fine and well IF they can prove that the server they are using is NOT connected to the hive and therefore does not have any way to exploit weapons and gear into legit real servers.

Once it has been proven and shown that they are not connected to the server hive they could do anything they want as it wouldn't affect player stats nor would it allow them to transport their items between servers

I watched their videos on youtube' date=' and the only gripe I have with it is that they are essentially exploiting the game with the help of a server admin.

They appear to be "givin" gear I'm assuming spawned in gear. They are playing on a private and/or locked server.

Sure, they may not be using this for "evil" purposes but they easily and accidentally could by logging into a different server with their illegitimate gear.

They may as well log into a full server and spawn in a few weapon crates to get all the gear they need.

This game relies on a level playing field while it may be broken at the moment due to disconnects and server hopping. This kind of exploiting should not be tolerated.

If the server is connected to the hive I would like to see the server admin's server blocked, and or banned for misuse and abuse of this mod.

However All would be fine and well IF they can prove that the server they are using is NOT connected to the hive and therefore does not have any way to exploit weapons and gear into legit real servers.

Once it has been proven and shown that they are not connected to the server hive they could do anything they want as it wouldn't affect player stats nor would it allow them to transport their items between servers

[/quote']

I agree, the admin of the server they were on should be removed from the hive or banned from DayZ at least temporarily.

I love how everyone thinks the Yogscast were meant to make DayZ into some shining example of survival games. Maybe it is, but it isn't their job to show that. Their job is to entertain using their own style and they did just that.

Be thankful of the extra players.

I love how everyone thinks the Yogscast were meant to make DayZ into some shining example of survival games. Maybe it is' date=' but it isn't their job to show that. Their job is to entertain using their own style and they did just that.

[/quote']

Are you kidding me? Seems like you are a YogsCast apologist. I don't find them entertaining at all, and you are quite ignorant for thinking everyone does. This only leaves their credibility and that has been domolished ever since Minecon. Their style is childish and reminds me of the same type of humor used by Dane Cook. I would also like the ask why you feel that an extra amount of immature little kids joining the game is good. The game doesn't need YogsCast to make it look good as many others are willing to say it is fine.

I love how everyone thinks the Yogscast were meant to make DayZ into some shining example of survival games. Maybe it is' date=' but it isn't their job to show that. Their job is to entertain using their own style and they did just that.

[/quote']

I like how they don't enjoy the game and point out it's flaws. Everyone needs criticism, even games. How else would the devs know what to change?

They are free to entertain people and play anyway they like. However that should not include spawning in items and cheating. Because this game is an MMO one person cheating and hacking affects everyone in one way or another and gives a massive advantage where there should not be one.

I get that people don't think it would be entertaining for them search for weapons and gear and thats fine let them run around the beaches trying to make friends and get shot at. There is no reason, even for entertainment that should make it okay to exploit an online game. If the game was offline go for it.

They had no problem playing by the rules without exploiting other MMO's they have done videos for such as World Of Warcraft. And if they did exploit world of warcraft on youtube you can bet you would see thousands of rants about how they should be banned and what not.

What? The community already sucks. It's been ub3r1337360n0sk0p3z shoot on sight player hunting for a long time now.

Seriously ? you butthurt or something for being killed ?

So when someone decides to shoot anyone on sight he is some 12 year old fucker that cant type ?

And when someone wants to shoot everyone on sight he ruins the community ?

Looks to me like you have to go back to your farmville where you are save for other gamers who are better then you.

No it's not about getting killed. it seems you're kind of thick. At first the thrill of the game was seeing another player and not knowing if he was a bandit. There was some sort of communication. It didn't feel like a giant deathmatch where it takes an hour to get geared and suddenly killed for no reason other than for the lulz, or people like you OH I'M SO GOOD I'M A BETTER GAMER THAN U LOL. Gtfo you idiot. The problem is that everyone does shoot on sight, even if you just have a bandage on you what fun is that? If im getting pk'd five minutes as soon as i spawn give me my fucking makarov back.

He was running in the middle of Cherno with about 60 zombies on him. I sniped the bastard.

I always used to shoot people in the legs to cripple them if they were being chased by zombies, but nowadays if you do that they almost always DC on you, so the only viable option is going for the kill. :(

I just figured this was a case of one hand washing the other hand. By allowing Yogscast to record what it is they do on a secure DayZ server, DayZ/BI is gonna reach a wider audience and will move a good number of copies.

Allowing them to record on a locked server for an hour is a good as free, the kind of exposure Yogscast provides is worth something.

Two manchildren who play with virtual legos have an opinion on a milsim mod thats in alpha' date=' who gives a shit.

[/quote']

Well said.

Two manchildren who play with virtual legos have an opinion on a milsim mod thats in alpha' date=' who gives a shit.

[/quote']

Well said.

Agreed.

Jesse Cox of OMFGcata made a "let's play" of DayZ too since his fans requested it. What did he do? Run around for 45 minutes getting eaten by zombies. And it. was. HILARIOUS! First fifteen minutes of it was in the dark too as he had accidentally chosen a night-time server. Not once did he get to unite with his man-companion wowcrendor.

Now I'm not saying the Yogscast should've done it the exact same way: Jesse did it in his style, and I have to say it was a million times better than what the Yogscast did (then again I'm biased as I like Jesse's style better anyway, I got bored of the Yogscast in like 20 episodes). But that's not to say the Yogscast couldn't have actually put some effort into this. I didn't expect a stylish interview/let's play like TB did with Rocket himself. But they could've at least tried to play the game like it was meant to -.- Like get together before they start filming and raid small-towns on a populated server or something, I don't know.

Also, those Twitter comments speak a lot imo. For two normal guys who got famous because of MINECRAFT content they sure can't take criticism when they fuck up with some other game. Could've just taken it on the chin and admit they didn't do the best of jobs, but no.

*sigh*....

Y'know. I stopped watching yogscast a while ago. There is nothing credible about those guys, and i'm sure the whole notion of 'military simulator' goes straight over their head, viewing ARMA as a game akin to CoD than something like X-Plane.

Although their comedy antics within games sure put a smile on my face now and again - there's little in what they say or do that can be taken to heart. Simply put : I don't take them seriously enough to care about anything they have to say.

Totalhalibut on the other hand, generally does a good job at giving his opinion in a clear, concise and professional manner. It doesn't mean I'll always agree with what he has to say about any particular game - but his comments on the industry are bang on imo.

You know, I heard about this game from the bbc new website but didn't pay much attention, then i saw the yogscast vids and thought id give it a try.

As with most games i like to check the forums out (to spot potential issues) and I came across this post. Having read most of the post here, I have to say if this is an example of this games community I don't think you have to worry about it being "ruined" as its already pretty awful.

Having seen the hate and bile that "day z players" have spewed at "yogscast viewers", Well quite frankly its enough to put anyone off wanting to be part of this community.

I'm sure I'll get the usual tirade of abuse. But look at it this way, for those who worried that the yogscast would put people off day z. Yogscast made me want to play, this community made me decide not to bother.

*sigh*....

Y'know. I stopped watching yogscast a while ago. There is nothing credible about those guys' date=' and i'm sure the whole notion of 'military simulator' goes straight over their head, viewing ARMA as a game akin to CoD than something like X-Plane.

Although their comedy antics within games sure put a smile on my face now and again - there's little in what they say or do that can be taken to heart. Simply put : I don't take them seriously enough to care about anything they have to say.

Totalhalibut on the other hand, generally does a good job at giving his opinion in a clear, concise and professional manner. It doesn't mean I'll always agree with what he has to say about any particular game - but his comments on the industry are bang on imo.

[/quote']

Um Yogscast is a comedy channel your not supposed to take them seriously lol and totalbiscut is more of a serious channel so comparing the two is kinda dumb.

What? The community already sucks. It's been ub3r1337360n0sk0p3z shoot on sight player hunting for a long time now.

Seriously ? you butthurt or something for being killed ?

So when someone decides to shoot anyone on sight he is some 12 year old fucker that cant type ?

And when someone wants to shoot everyone on sight he ruins the community ?

Looks to me like you have to go back to your farmville where you are save for other gamers who are better then you.

Congratulations on being the quintessential example of what this community has become. And yes' date=' I do believe it is mostly idiots who cannot type, or have no grammar skills..... look at yourself for example.

But seriously, there used to be a time when most other players would at least go past you without any trouble (as long as you were not hostile towards them), or (dare I say it) be friendly and team up, or at least trade. That has not happened to me for a very long time.

[/quote']

So now you are complaining about other people their grammer skills on a english forum?

Even when most people here arent from country's where english is their official language.

Anyway if you really think im the example of what the community has become then i suggest to you again what i suggested before.

Go play a singleplayer game there you wouldnt have any problem with a gaming community.

DayZ players pissy about Yogscast, is like Chefs being pissy about Epic Mealtime.

Y'all taking this too seriously, just sayin.

the forum feels like world of warcraft

makes me feels at home

it is a lot like world of warcraft forums lol

elaborate?

yogscast try to be funny but usually fall far short, the reason they are popular is because of the minecraft kids. their reviews of minecraft mods tend to be horrible missing out key features or stating facts when indeed they are glaring errors. they are also incredibly snobby and care far less about their content since they got "famous"

im not hating on them as i used to watch alot of their early vids as a quick way to find new minecraft stuff without searching 1000000000 topics on the forums. however the majority of their watchers will not adapt well to dayz, same as totalbiscuit(although he does higher quality content)

its a youtube issue rather than the content creator, as soon as you hit a certain sub point your "community" goes down hill fast for the most part, this is not 100% the case but the bigger youtube guys this is the norm

in any case, no playthrough will be a bad thing, if they suck they will leave

You know' date=' I heard about this game from the bbc new website but didn't pay much attention, then i saw the yogscast vids and thought id give it a try.

As with most games i like to check the forums out (to spot potential issues) and I came across this post. Having read most of the post here, I have to say if this is an example of this games community I don't think you have to worry about it being "ruined" as its already pretty awful.

Having seen the hate and bile that "day z players" have spewed at "yogscast viewers", Well quite frankly its enough to put anyone off wanting to be part of this community.

I'm sure I'll get the usual tirade of abuse. But look at it this way, for those who worried that the yogscast would put people off day z. Yogscast made me want to play, this community made me decide not to bother.

[/quote']

Hello person who just joined the forums after watching the Yogscast video, and feels the need to suck their dick on this thread. Bye!

I agree with the fact the yogscast didnt get the "feel" of DayZ at all but to be honest I don't mind a bunch of minecraft kids joining. They'll only be easier to spot when I see them trying to get firewood by punching trees over and over.