JPalmer

The Yogcast video sure did ruin the community

The title was sarcasm, life expectancy has gone up by 7 minutes since that video was released. It is now a whole ten minutes higher when bandit skins were a feature. With hundreds of thousands playing 7 minutes is a incredible increase.

Just look at the new Average Life Expectancy...

http://dayzmod.com/

Those Minecraft skills must transfer over pretty easily.

the forum feels like world of warcraft

makes me feels at home

it is a lot like world of warcraft forums lol

Yea They were babied through it with a sniper and they didn't even mention its a mod in alpha. zero attempt at maintaining credibility to how decent the game is :/

It's actually gone up from a couple of weeks ago.

What about the expectancy? A while ago it was 31 minutes' date=' then it jumped to some 40 minutes now it's 38 minutes? I see no major changes?

[/quote']

A majority or at least many forum users believe the new Yogscast series of this mod would ruin the community both in terms of more whiners and more terrible players.

Since the first video the AVL has went up 7 minutes. It was at steady 31-32 for about 3 weeks.

Simon on twitter:

"Can people upset about the DayZ videos please unsub from us, then we will have more time to prepare our 2 million sub video special, thanks!"

Someone can't take criticism I see.

He wrote this after basicly calling the designer of the controlls a retard in their latest DayZ video, while Lewis was naming DayZ a "terrible glitchy mod game"

What? The community already sucks. It's been ub3r1337360n0sk0p3z shoot on sight player hunting for a long time now.

Seriously ? you butthurt or something for being killed ?

So when someone decides to shoot anyone on sight he is some 12 year old fucker that cant type ?

And when someone wants to shoot everyone on sight he ruins the community ?

Looks to me like you have to go back to your farmville where you are safe for other gamers who are better then you.

Putting the negative things the Yogscast authors said aside, I actually think a lot of players from Minecraft would suit Day Z perfectly. I would bet money that the games attract a similar kind of player.

What? The community already sucks. It's been ub3r1337360n0sk0p3z shoot on sight player hunting for a long time now.

So when someone decides to shoot anyone on sight he is some 12 year old fucker that cant type ?

Looks to me like you have to go back to your farmville where you are save for other gamers who are better then you.

Congratulations on being the quintessential example of what this community has become. And yes, I do believe it is mostly idiots who cannot type, or have no grammar skills..... look at yourself for example.

But seriously, there used to be a time when most other players would at least go past you without any trouble (as long as you were not hostile towards them), or (dare I say it) be friendly and team up, or at least trade. That has not happened to me for a very long time.

How is Yogscast ANY different from most of the Youtube stuff.

And if you even watched their first video, they state they where "Requested by many to play DayZ"

They are only doing what their viewers want.

Good on them

And if you even watched their first video' date=' they state they where "Requested by many to play DayZ"

Good on them

[/quote']

Joining a private server, getting given gear isn't 'playing' dayz. It's being in the mod.

And if you even watched their first video' date=' they state they where "Requested by many to play DayZ"

Good on them

[/quote']

That's a joke. They're not playing the mod.

Playing the mod is actually surviving, finding your gear, not having your gear given and when they actually get overrun even though they have a one shot pistol they have someone with silenced guns protecting them. Not to mention the fact they weren't even playing on a real server.

Oh, and I see you just registered today? You probably came from them anyway.

Yogscast are just a comedy group with video game elements to their videos nothing more. They are two harmless British guys who suck (or pretend to at least) at video games who make witty comments, not sure why they would be considered a threat in anyway.

I tend to find them funny and have watched them for over a year now, if there is one consistency with their routine is that they will do maybe a handful of videos and move on at the most because they have a busy schedule.

As far as their community ruining this one I honest really think people are out of their heads if they think that this community as a whole will look the same in a few weeks, let alone a month from now.

Considering pretty much every gamer channel on youtube is covering as are all the major game sites, this game has only begun to see its huge growth.

This game is the current Minecraft so you are going to get the good and the bad and either deal with it or move on. This game isn't going to shrink in to obscurity any time soon.

The only thing that is going to be really annoying is the influx of mouth breathers who don't know what an alpha is coming here complaining but I can assure you it won't be just Yogscast subbers doing it.

Looks to me like you have to go back to your farmville where you are save for other gamers who are better then you.

Congratulations on being the quintessential example of what this community has become. And yes' date=' I do believe it is mostly idiots who cannot type, or have no grammar skills..... look at yourself for example.

But seriously, there used to be a time when most other players would at least go past you without any trouble (as long as you were not hostile towards them), or (dare I say it) be friendly and team up, or at least trade. That has not happened to me for a very long time.

[/quote']

Seriously man ! the game is so difficult (and rightly so) that even me (who play a long time) when i see another player my first instinct is to kill him for his loot (if its better than mine).

The thing is not to rage about it but live with it since its most probably not changing :)

I don't thin that the video has ruined the community, the community is pretty horrible anyway lol.

However that yogscast video is a terrible representation of the game.

It also obviously highlights some of the issues in the game we all no the inventory is hard work. Doing a video like this while in Alpha stage is a terrible mistake.

the forum feels like world of warcraft

makes me feels at home

it is a lot like world of warcraft forums lol

Now I feel like I need a shower :p

They arent playing it properly because, lets face it, the yogscast isnt about the game itself. It's about the improv comedy Simon and Lewis provide, a sandbox game like DayZ is perfect for them on top of the fact they were requested to play it.

People butthurt about them not playing it properly, think about it. Would being killed repeatedly by randomers be an entertaining video? No, Simon and Lewis would be seperated repeatedly and the video would be pretty boring, as they are a duo who play together. So, they play privately, quite sensibly from their point of view. It isnt a "Lets Play" or a "WTF is?", it's the yogscast playing a game, however wrongly and entertaining their viewers. They are renowned for harmless cheating in games, it's all part of who they are.

I am Dave! Yognaught, and I may or may not have the balls to play DayZ properly!

I just LOOOVE how we get morons that come in here going I DONT LIKE ANIMATIONS EXPAND TERRAIN THIS GAME IS BAD THE KEY LAYOUT IS STUPID... Can they realise that ITS FROM THE ORIGINAL GAME? ALL OF IT? these people make me so mad, I bet Yogcast is being a KOS team right now, I really hate people like that, I would love to see them join Foxfall and run with us for a while, we will send them to cherno to pick up tank trap kits. With nothing but a m1911....

Also vector.. I have made almost 10 friends in the past month and not encountered a single bandit going from balota to cherno to stary to airfields.... I never shoot on sight and I warn people that if you fire on me, I will flip to full auto....

There are still good people in this game....

They arent playing it properly because' date=' lets face it, the yogscast isnt about the game itself. It's about the improv comedy Simon and Lewis provide, a sandbox game like DayZ is perfect for them on top of the fact they were requested to play it.

People butthurt about them not playing it properly, think about it. Would being killed repeatedly by randomers be an entertaining video? No, Simon and Lewis would be seperated repeatedly and the video would be pretty boring, as they are a duo who play together. So, they play privately, quite sensibly from their point of view. It isnt a "Lets Play" or a "WTF is?", it's the yogscast playing a game, however wrongly and entertaining their viewers. They are renowned for harmless cheating in games, it's all part of who they are.

I am Dave! Yognaught, and I may or may not have the balls to play DayZ properly!

[/quote']

That would be perfectly valid had they not called Rocket a "fucking retard" (direct quote) and for issues and problems deriving from ArmA mostly and not even the guy they feel "must be fucking retarded."

Exactly, Yogscast is a business at this point and they were requested to do DayZ so they are going to do it the most effective way possible and that is not going to be to play the real way.

Watching them spend 2 hours trying to get a hatchet is not one of the ways to entertain, it might be part of the game but its entertainment is purely for that particular person doing it and not someone watching.

They are looking for view count and that isn't going to work in their favor for a series doing something like that. Unless their DayZ videos hit huge they aren't likely to stick with it too long.

Edit: I'd like to point out, them calling him a retard is part of their act, they say off beat things like this, I wouldn't take it to heart in any way whatsoever. If you aren't into their stuff I wouldn't give them view counts.

It's like the standup comics who use race jokes a lot to egg people on, if they get you to watch or talk about them, they are winning the battle :)

Personally, I thought their vid sucked ass because it just wasn't funny.

Is that what passes for comedy these days?

Tch .... kids.

Personally' date=' I thought their vid sucked ass because it just wasn't funny.

Is that what passes for comedy these days?

Tch .... kids.

[/quote']

what is it with "WE GOT A BADASS OVER HERE" players and that stupid "antigame" rocket quote? mostly people who have that quote are a jackass on the forums....