I prefer revolver. Feels more accurate.

1911 is supposed to be stronger but that matters little when they both kill a survivor in 1 blow.

M1911.

It ain't as loud as the revolver.

1 Shot 1 Kill.

More rounds in a mag than in a revolver clip.

Ammo is really easy to find, remember that you can pick up .45ACP, right click it and convert it to M1911 mags.

They're both the same, really. You can convert ammo for each of them (.45ACP Revolver can be converted into 1911 mags and vice versa). They're both one hit kills anywhere on the body, only difference is the 1911 has one more round in the mag.

I'd go with the 1911 just because that 1 extra round has saved my life many times.

-Ray

m1911 is my favorite gun in this game. decent amount of ammo, plenty of kick to do the trick and the sound isn't as loud as the revolver. and ammo is everywhere for it.

Revolver looks cooler and sounds cooler. So I think i'm sticking with it :).

Pretty much why I carry the revolver. The reload sound just on it's own pretty much seals the deal for me ;)

Is there any difference to the rate of fire between the two ?

It's fairly 50/50. Both do the same amount of damage and use the same ammo. Consider the following:

Revolver downfalls:

1. Slightly louder (negligibly so)

2. Slower fire rate (by about 33%)

3. 6 round capacity, M1911 has 7 round capacity

Revolver upsides:

1. Larger effective range (100m to the M1911's 50m)

2. MUCH better iron sights (pointed front sight to the M1911's clunky flat front sight)

3. Slightly more accurate (range-appropriate zeroing and better sights)

4. Looks badass

Both are one hit kills on any body part, so the choice comes down to whether you'll be using your sidearm at significant range. For longer-range accuracy, choose the revolver. For a more versatile, close-range defense weapon, the M1911 is your gun.

As well, if you're going to rely on your sidearm for PvP at all, use the M1911 - the M1911 has a faster kill window due to its perfect semi-auto action (allowing for point-blank spam), but the revolver may screw you over if you need it to fling lead in a "We're both gonna hit each other, who takes more bullets" fight.

Oh and yeah, rate of fire, you can let off around 2-3 M1911 shot in the space of one revolver shot.

Pretty much why I carry the revolver. The reload sound just on it's own pretty much seals the deal for me ;)

Only problem I see (well hear) with the revolver, is that after shooting you hear a shell dropping. It doesn't normally eject shells.

Only problem I see (well hear) with the revolver' date=' is that after shooting you hear a shell dropping. It doesn't normally eject shells.

[/quote']

Blame BI for that :\

I'd have to put my vote of confidence on the M1911. While the Revolver is no doubt a good weapon, if you're ambushed and all you have is a handgun, you'll need the fast rate of fire that the M1911 provides; one does not simply fire a single shot and kill a bandit (for sure) unless they have gifted accuracy/hax/a good gun.

It's best to take the M1911, and acquaint yourself with it's sights in the editor while offline.

I prefer the revolver any day. Maybe its just me but I've had a lot more trouble with the revolver irons than i've had with the 1911 irons. The revolver is also a lot quieter than most people think and wont aggro past 50 meters. It also seems like the revolver hits harder than the 1911 but that also might have just been a bad night on my part.

M1911 even though it isn't represented well at all in ARMA 2. The ACE version is better in every way. The sights are more authentic, accuracy is too high but its better than ARMA, and the hammer stays back all the time.

Game developers need to actually use firearms instead of rendering them based on google images and youtube vids!

1911 for me, I pass G17's like the plague, I know they hold more rounds in a mag but you just can't beat that one shot kill colty goodness.

1911, I find the G17 only good for headshots, if your accurate and can get a shot per head count, that's 17 zombies.

1911 ammo also spawns everywhere.

Not a fan of the revolver, to slow and 6 shots for my taste, I'll pass.

I will give you two more problems for the revolver, as far as realism goes.

1. It isn't using .45 acp, it is using .357 mag.

How do I know? .45 acp does not use speed loaders. It using moon clips, which are little plastic pieces that grip the cases to hold them in the cylinder. The rounds don't have a rim protruding out of the bottom, so without a moonclip they will slide right out of the cylinder. .357 uses speed loaders, and it looks like the correct proportions between the rounds and the loaders.

2. The character couldn't hit the broad side of a barn the way he/she holds it.

Proper revolver double action grip has your hand as far up as possible, with the web of your hand just below the top, and the hammer almost hitting you when it's cocked. They way they hold it the recoil would move the gun around so much that you couldn't stay on target in the amount of time it takes to pull the trigger and fire.

JMB Colt 1911! Hell I carry one of these on my person too in the real world! (its a Colt as well)

If they were both lying next to each other and had the same number of rounds i would take the M1911. Personal choice.

I will give you two more problems for the revolver' date=' as far as realism goes.

1. It isn't using .45 acp, it is using .357 mag.

How do I know? .45 acp does not use speed loaders. It using moon clips, which are little plastic pieces that grip the cases to hold them in the cylinder. The rounds don't have a rim protruding out of the bottom, so without a moonclip they will slide right out of the cylinder. .357 uses speed loaders, and it looks like the correct proportions between the rounds and the loaders.

2. The character couldn't hit the broad side of a barn the way he/she holds it.

Proper revolver double action grip has your hand as far up as possible, with the web of your hand just below the top, and the hammer almost hitting you when it's cocked. They way they hold it the recoil would move the gun around so much that you couldn't stay on target in the amount of time it takes to pull the trigger and fire.

[/quote']

1. The Revolver is a Taurus Tracker Model 455 which chambers .45 ACP I dont understand where you are going? http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/ArmA_II

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=119&category=Pistol

The moon clips are optional in that revolver btw. Taurus sucks anyway...

since i tend to be involved in more far then close combat (the map is chernarus for f*cks sake) its the revolver, better iron sights, same power, better range, sounds awesome

the m1911 is way less accurate and doesnt look that amazing, yet it ha one bullet more and a higher fire rate

i like finding both of these weapons, though i prefer the revolver every time

1. The Revolver is a Taurus Tracker Model 455 which chambers .45 ACP I dont understand where you are going? http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/ArmA_II

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=119&category=Pistol

The moon clips are optional in that revolver btw. Taurus sucks anyway...

Did you look at the specs listed by taurus? It actually points out more inaccuracies of the representation, which is where I was going.

New for 2002 is a tracker in the venerable .45 ACP. The .45 Stellar Tracker in .45 ACP is available in 2, 4 and 6-1/2 inch barrels and ***uses the exclusive Taurus Stellar Clip*** to ***hold 5 rounds*** of the familiar .45 ACP and allows for easy loading and ejection. The .45 Stellar features the exclusive Taurus Ribber Grip, adjustable sights and the Taurus Security System.

http://www.taurususa.com/accesories-stellarclips.cfm

These are moon clips. And I don't know of any .45 acp revolver that can go without moonclips, as there would be nothing to physically hold the cartridges in place. The round was made for an auto, such as the 1911 so the rim on the bottom is the same size as the case, so that you can use a standard extractor. But when put into a revolver there is nothing to stop the case from sliding forward in the cylinder.

This is simply about the reality of the gun being represented poorly, not in game performance.

With that said, I carry a revolver in game, and passed up many 1911's. Almost took a glock 17, but there was no ammo.