Max Planck

Rezzed - Jul 2012 - Presentation, Q&A, Interviews and website concept

Here's a place to post new info as it trickles out from Rezzed.

Starting off with the Presentation and Q&A:

Website Concept:

6r56w7.png

Interview:

http://thegamershub....hall-interview/

Plus a short article (has dogs):

http://www.eurogamer...popular-is-dayz

adachezero's youtube vid with info:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlROg9Q7c38

420K players now

http://www.vg247.com...the-arma-2-mod/ and other places

Horde's Q&A from the Rezzed presentation:

http://dayzmod.com/f...1016&pid=270510

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 3

wonder if it's zombie dogs or maybe a chance at a fighting companion?

wonder if it's zombie dogs or maybe a chance at a fighting companion?

I hope it is roaming packs of aggressive dogs. Ever met a bunch of those IRL? Pretty damn scary. I would love to get revenge from the safety of my desk.

Also, if anyone finds something else, please post it and I'll add it to the OP. That way people can chat about the new stuff in here.

I hope it is roaming packs of aggressive dogs. Ever met a bunch of those IRL? Pretty damn scary. I would love to get revenge from the safety of my desk.

You know that would be awesome, as it would make even just being in the forests we thought were safe have a chance of being risky.

From what I can gather from the inteviews, 1.7.2 is still fairly unfinished. Anyone noted the bit where he talked about dc'ing? He said they had tried to let zeds follow your across servers, but had to give it up since people would collect massive zombietrains and drop them on unsuspecting players. I wonder what else is in the works.

Dogs, underground bases, integrated forum/website to allow for stat tracking + personal stat tracking page, possibility of hostile animals + other maps when the game becomes stand alone. Some very exciting stuff, sounds like we won't recognise DayZ how it is right now, in the future.

Dogs' date=' underground bases, integrated forum/website to allow for stat tracking + personal stat tracking page, possibility of hostile animals + other maps when the game becomes stand alone. Some very exciting stuff, sounds like we won't recognise DayZ how it is right now, in the future.

[/quote']

You're the guy who made the video?

I'm really worried about the stat tracking. I disliked the killboards in Eve for the same reason, it turns the whole game into an Epeen stroking tool. I imagine it will have a significant effect on people's ingame behavior. More deathmatch, less cooperation.

Hey' date=' it's Henry from TheGamersHub. Just saying thanks for the link to our interview!

[/quote']

You are most welcome, thanks for making it!

From what I can gather from the inteviews' date=' 1.7.2 is still fairly unfininshed. Anyone noted the bit where he talked about dc'ing? He said they had tried to let zeds follow your across servers, but had to give it up since people would collect massive zombietrains and drop them on unsuspecting players. I wonder what else is in the works.

[/quote']

They have said when they come home they are going to put the update up. Most likely today or monday.

From what I can gather from the inteviews' date=' 1.7.2 is still fairly unfininshed. Anyone noted the bit where he talked about dc'ing? He said they had tried to let zeds follow your across servers, but had to give it up since people would collect massive zombietrains and drop them on unsuspecting players. I wonder what else is in the works.

[/quote']

They have said when they come home they are going to put the update up. Most likely today or monday.

Yeah, I guess that means we'll have to wait for a DC fix a little longer.

Another Video Interview:

Thanks, added to OP.

[/quote']

To be honest, i couldn't give two shits about Dc'ing with regards to zombies. its the pvp dc fix that matters.

Also. Dogs? :dodgy: Crap idea, and a waste of coding time. Also dobt we are getting underground bases in DayZ in its current incarnation.

[/quote']

To be honest, i couldn't give two shits about Dc'ing with regards to zombies. its the pvp dc fix that matters.

Also. Dogs? :dodgy: Crap idea, and a waste of coding time. Also dobt we are getting underground bases in DayZ in its current incarnation.

I'm sure dc'ing with regards to players is being worked on as well, but it sounds like we might have to wait a bit.

I like the idea of having dogs, at least if they work the way I hope they will. I not sure having dogs as companions would be that great, but I'll admit it can get rather lonely up north. If I had a dog companion I would name it 'Lunchbox', I think.