Sign in to follow this  
Martyca3839

Buttons??

Just had the scariest first 20 mins on DayZ this mod is amazing!!! However can someone tell me the buttons lol suh as how to bandage,use tools etc, I have a hatchet but I dont no how to equip it

Cheers

When you need to use a bandage, press G. G will open your gear. Right click on the bandage and you will get an option to "Heal yourself".

Thats about all Ihave figured out how to do...hopefully someone else can chime in with some more information.

while in game press esc . and go to controls , you can map your own buttons from there . most other stuff is done with mouse clicks or scroll wheel while in gear menu (g)

Right click on hatchet/flashlight to equip it.

Play the tutorial mission in single player, I think it's aptly named 'The Basics' or something to that effect.

yeah once you play a little while you get the hang of it.

You look around with your mouse and you walk/run with

W: Forward walk/run

S: Backward walk/run

A: Side step left

D: Side step right

Z: Prone

X: Crouch

C: Stand up

Q: Lean Left when you have a weapon or Roll Left if prone

E: Lean Right when you have a weapon or Roll Right if prone

V: Hurdle, for going over fences or barbwire

G: Open inventory

F: Cycles through items you can throw like smoke grenades

Left Button Mouse Click: Shoot your weapon or swing your weapon (axes and crowbar)

Right Button Mouse Click: Zooms in and sometime toggles weather I run or walk which is nice

Scroll Wheel: Used to open doors and cycles your your option to pick up items or your inventory

aye the basics av got movement aint an issue is just the little details think ive got everything ironed out I just need a freindly face to give me a transfusion :(