dirkyd

L85 needs to be changed

.....way to abundant and easy to find. I just found 2 at one crash site' date=' had one my previous life, and was killed by 2 guys that both had one. This all happened in the course of less than a week. Imo Therm does not belong in this game, the l85 needs to be made nv only w/o zeroing like the fal an/pvs. That or the spawn rate reduces drastically...[/quote']

The weapon is NOT way too easy to acquire, it's easy to acquire if players are duping the hell out of them. You found two on one crash site? Lucky you! You got a weapon that has a 0.43% chance to spawn to come up twice. Wanna review your chances of actually finding one? Ok... here we go.

Choppers can spawn in 2 - 3 locations on a map every server reset. At each of those spawn points there will be the following loot locations :

3 weapon, 1 junk pile (normal) i've seen 5 weapon spawns at once, but the norm is 3.

Now out of those three if an equipment spawns then there is a chance it will take one of the weapon spawns.

So maximum(fluke) you will see of spawns is 5 weapons, 1 junk pile. But normally you will have 3 weapon spawns and 1 random spawn (usually junk).

That's three spawn points with a 0.43% chance of spawning a weapon. Now, let's say your server spawns 3 chopper spawns on that rotation. Now let's say all the stars and moons are in alignment and the sun is in the north that day, you MAYBE will see a grand total of 15 spawn points for weapons come up. That's 15 chances of a 0.43% spawn chance weapon to come up. Now let's look at what else can spawn on those spawn points :

FN_FAL weapon 0.87%

bizon_silenced weapon 2.17%

M14_EP1 weapon 2.17%

FN_FAL_ANPVS4 weapon 0.87%

M107_DZ weapon 0.43%

BAF_AS50_scoped weapon 0.87%

Mk_48_DZ weapon 1.3%

M249_DZ weapon 2.17%

BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS weapon 0.43%

DMR weapon 4.35%

military 43.48%

medical 21.74%

MedBox0 object 4.35%

NVGoggles weapon 0.43%

AmmoBoxSmall_556 object 4.35%

AmmoBoxSmall_762 object 4.35%

Skin_Camo1_DZ magazine 3.48%

Skin_Sniper1_DZ magazine 2.17%

Starting to see a pattern now? I've been playing a couple of weeks now and in those weeks i've seen a grand total of three L85 AWS. One of those was stolen, the other two we found on chopper spawns. The problem is NOT that the weapon drops so much, the problem is players are duping the shit out of it and then using the weapon and giving it to their friends.

Choppers can spawn in 2 - 3 locations on a map every server reset.

[citation needed]

Either there are more than that, or I'm awesome at finding them on foot.

Choppers can spawn in 2 - 3 locations on a map every server reset.

[citation needed]

Either there are more than that' date=' or I'm awesome at finding them on foot.

[/quote']

No, there are a maximum of two (maybe) three chopper spawns on a map at any given time, the thing is once you know where they will spawn you can make rounds and find them as I have done it myself. In all the choppers I have encountered I have never seen an L85 pop up. Mind you, I have seen a multitude of FN FAL come up along with PP-19 out the wazoo, but no L85.

Again, the issue is not that the weapon is too common it is that people are duping the weapon in multitudes and then it's getting out.

Oh and before the trolls start screaming that it's a 'crutch' for me? I've had 1 L85 ever and I found it during a camp raid. I shot 12 rounds out of it before I lost it to a hacker. My primary weapons I go for are then FN FAL and the M107. I spend more time in the north then I do in the south because the south is usually empty can city because of the traffic it gets.

Not sure what servers you guys are playing on that L85's are falling from the skies but on the ones I play on they're just not that common. But then on my servers we normally clean up hackers / dupers with a good old ban :)

Nerf brigade is hungry' date=' very hungry.

I have found exactly 1 of these guns in my near 200 hours of game time. Also, out of all the players I have come across, only one had this weapon.

So you can all go fuck yourselves and your 'awesome' luck(duping/teleporting bitches more like).

[/quote']

Then youre probably a "Coast Hugger" because in the last week, we have "Found" about 8 of these things at chopper wrecks... no shit.

My basic assumption of you is: You have found a crutch and dont want to lose it.

Same with most other people coming on here whining that the Thermal OPness of the LA85 is all fine and dandy.

Probably the same fags who thought the NV scope in BF3 was well balanced when 99% of people playing were using it.

Youll be asking Rocket to add heartbeat sensors next.....

You can assume all you want in your little fairyland world. Here in reality, things are different.

I am not a coast hugger. I am RARELY more south than Zub Castle. I mostly base myself around NWAF. The NW corner is mine.

I lost this gun last week, and have had tons of guns since then.

You can also take your crutch theory and stick that all the way up your ass.

Rocket does not subscribe to your pedantic notions of 'balance' by his own words.

This is NOT a democracy. If you don't like the game, FUCK OFF back to BF3....you know that game weak-ego'd assholes like yourself have made soooo much better. If it's so good now, why are you even here? Go play your perfectly balanced game...your 15mins are over.

If it was up to me I'd remove a whole much more than just L85. The .50 cal. rifles, MG's, NVG's, tons of other high-grade military equipment and weapons, and the topic's L85 AWS... they all just don't fit in the apocalypse world.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=21514&pid=191729#pid191729

This thread actually talks about chopper spawns, kinda easy to do that if you use google. A correction I want to make it's 3 - 4 not 2 - 3 but in my experience it's normally three chopper spawns per server. Which, as I said :

3 chopper spawns with a maximum of 5 loot spawns (on an extremely lucky day)

15 chances of this to spawn, all those chances are less then .50%.

NOTE THE NUMBER THERE : .50%. THAT IS NOT 50%, it's .50%. That is less then 1%, it is HALF of that hence the .50% chance. The weapon is not freaking common because it's not listed as common. Weapons like the PP-19 are common and thus you will see a larger portion of those dropping instead of the L85. It's a chance, a very slim chance and depending on how the random gods are feeling that day you may see a lot of them spawn! I've seen 3 FN FAL spawn on one chopper spawn and look at the drop rate on that weapon.

If it was up to me I'd remove a whole much more than just L85. The .50 cal. rifles' date=' MG's, NVG's, tons of other high-grade military equipment and weapons, and the topic's L85 AWS... they all just don't fit in the apocalypse world.

[/quote']

Luckily, we don't ever have to worry about you building something other people will actually like.

Also serious LoLs at your comment about 'what fits in the apocalyptic world', like you've fucking lived through one or seen it first hand. Protip: It's the same world as this one. Meaning ALL THE SAME STUFF. Genius...

I'm fairly certain that the loot drop % chances that you referenced are outdated since teh FN FAL is by far the most common drop.

Nerf brigade is hungry' date=' very hungry.

I have found exactly 1 of these guns in my near 200 hours of game time. Also, out of all the players I have come across, only one had this weapon.

So you can all go fuck yourselves and your 'awesome' luck(duping/teleporting bitches more like).

[/quote']

Then youre probably a "Coast Hugger" because in the last week, we have "Found" about 8 of these things at chopper wrecks... no shit.

My basic assumption of you is: You have found a crutch and dont want to lose it.

Same with most other people coming on here whining that the Thermal OPness of the LA85 is all fine and dandy.

Probably the same fags who thought the NV scope in BF3 was well balanced when 99% of people playing were using it.

Youll be asking Rocket to add heartbeat sensors next.....

You can assume all you want in your little fairyland world. Here in reality, things are different.

I am not a coast hugger. I am RARELY more south than Zub Castle. I mostly base myself around NWAF. The NW corner is mine.

I lost this gun last week, and have had tons of guns since then.

You can also take your crutch theory and stick that all the way up your ass.

Rocket does not subscribe to your pedantic notions of 'balance' by his own words.

This is NOT a democracy. If you don't like the game, FUCK OFF back to BF3....you know that game weak-ego'd assholes like yourself have made soooo much better. If it's so good now, why are you even here? Go play your perfectly balanced game...your 15mins are over.

If it was up to me I'd remove a whole much more than just L85. The .50 cal. rifles' date=' MG's, NVG's, tons of other high-grade military equipment and weapons, and the topic's L85 AWS... they all just don't fit in the apocalypse world.

[/quote']

Luckily, we don't ever have to worry about you building something other people will actually like.

Also serious LoLs at your comment about 'what fits in the apocalyptic world', like you've fucking lived through one or seen it first hand. Protip: It's the same world as this one. Meaning ALL THE SAME STUFF. Genius...

Yup youre deffo the kind of fag who uses shit like Heartbeat sensors. You want all the high tech shit to make up for your lack of ability and you whine and rage whenever someone suggests taking your cookies away.

Sorry, but its people like you who are bad for gaming. The ones who whine when people suggest making something harder or taking away anything that automates or makes something easy.

Theres a general term for those of your ilk..... COD Fag.

Yup youre deffo the kind of fag who uses shit like Heartbeat sensors. You want all the high tech shit to make up for your lack of ability and you whine and rage whenever someone suggests taking your cookies away.

Sorry' date=' but its people like you who are bad for gaming. The ones who whine when people suggest making something harder or taking away anything that automates or makes something easy.

[/quote']

uhh yeah. I use the stuff provided in the game. Clearly I'm some kind of deranged lunatic....

lol go outside, moron.

You only one pair of nvgs and one TWS to dupe ten more, please remove, untill duping is fixed.

I have yet to see a post from Wuflear that doesn't include bashing, name calling or other profanity. The guy has little constructive to post so it makes his posts more valid when he calls people morons and tells them to shove their theories up their ass.

Truth is, I've found 3 in the time span of 5 days. 3 out of 5 chopper spawns. So yeah.

You can do all the math you want with 0.43 percent drop. It just goes to show ya it's not an accurate %.

Sorry' date=' but its people like you who are bad for gaming. The ones who whine when people suggest making something harder or taking away anything that automates or makes something easy.

[/quote']

uhh yeah. I use the stuff provided in the game. Clearly I'm some kind of deranged lunatic....

lol go outside, moron.

Clearly it is you who is the moron, and a bit of a pathetic one to boot.

I have yet to see a post from Wuflear that doesn't include bashing' date=' name calling or other profanity. The guy has little constructive to post so it makes his posts more valid when he calls people morons and tells them to shove their theories up their ass.

Truth is, I've found 3 in the time span of 5 days. 3 out of 5 chopper spawns. So yeah.

You can do all the math you want with 0.43 percent drop. It just goes to show ya it's not an accurate %.

[/quote']

Anyone and everyone with at least one honest bone in their body knows that chopper wrecks are a bit too bountiful at the moment. the only people in denial are the ones who are too scared to give up their newly found and somewhat OP advantage.

Ive said before that I have the stuff myself, I'm just honest enough to admit that its a bit OP and the abundance of it needs toning down dramatically.

I've played 126 hours and I have seen 2. I don't know where other people are seeing these weapons. I don't d/c I don't server hop and I don't duplicate, maybe this has some bearing, I visit downed helis a lot.

It is a good gun, it might be overpowered but since when did every gun have to be equal? I think there should be way more guns not less and I don't quite get the whole "this gun is too powerful", some guns are better some are worse. Maybe we should all run around with makarovs? I say more guns more variety in the guns but as long as the issue of spawn % and duping is fixed so one powerful gun can't predominate. Also the L85 does have limitations, but tbh if he got rid of it it wouldn't ruin the game for me, its a great game with or without it.

I found a hacked l85 acog 2 days ago and I think that it would make a much more suitable replacement. It is very accurate and has a good scope, making it a desirable weapon.

I agree... go with L85 ACOG ... it has the same damage of other M16 but with a selectable zoom, making it a little more desiderable BUT no with an embedd cheat like the thermal sensor.

It is a good gun' date=' it might be overpowered but since when did every gun have to be equal? I think there should be way more guns not less and I don't quite get the whole "this gun is too powerful", some guns are better some are worse.[/quote']

It's not the gun. The gun itself is perfectly fine.

But it having the only thermal scope in the game makes it rather OP. In this game camouflage and scouting are everything, and thermal makes the former irrelevant and the later absurdly easy.

It changes the basic mechanics of the game too much.

L85's are common as hell. I've found more L85's than Fals. My group of 3 has found around 6 L85's on choppers in the past week. I would not mind seeing the thermal scope go. Honestly, I would prefer a red dot/holo on the L85

Thermal is effective. Is it OverPowered? No. It's not overpowered in real life, because THERE IS NO SUCH THING!

Only in VIDEO GAMES(and in these later years..) do retards like you guys whine about such things. Thermal is certainly not game breaking. If you think it is, you probably just suck and NEED everyone else to suck more. I can only imagine what games like Quake would have wound up like if they came out today.....................fucking nerfed to shit and boring.

I want it to stay because it's variety. Plain and simple.

Thermal is effective. Is it OverPowered? No. It's not overpowered in real life' date=' because THERE IS NO SUCH THING![/quote']

Of course there is, don't be an idiot. RL militaries have had a balance of power for the last few hundred years, minus perhaps the last 20. And whenever one military invented something overpowered (new gun, ship, bomb), the others raced to create something equal or better. RL is the perfect example of balance by power creep.

Thermal is effective. Is it OverPowered? No. It's not overpowered in real life' date=' because THERE IS NO SUCH THING![/quote']

Of course there is, don't be an idiot. RL militaries have had a balance of power for the last few hundred years, minus perhaps the last 20. And whenever one military invented something overpowered (new gun, ship, bomb), the others raced to create something equal or better. RL is the perfect example of balance by power creep.

ya, wtf do you think I was alluding to with that statement?

..and there is nothing balanced about it. Balance is sought for, but never completely achieved. How the fuck are you over 30 and this stupid?

L85 is the rarest gun in the game.

Fix what little duping exploits remain' date=' and the 'problem' is solved.

EDIT: Don't people learn from the bullshit that happens to other online games?

Look at BF3, it was pretty fun when it came out, but then a bunch of morons on the forums started demanding this change and that buff and this nerf because that gun was too OP and this other gun was soooo usless, and now the game SUCKS.

Just stop. The L85 is THE RAREST GUN IN GAME. It is SUPPOSED to be OP.

[/quote']

I play bf3 beta and complained about the scope glint when in shade or indoors. Now as a L85 user I will say the thermal scope has amazing range (spotted two snipers 890m away).