dirkyd

L85 needs to be changed

I've not found a thermal rifle yet, but adding a requirement for batteries, could certainly balance things out.

The thermal feature should require batteries.

Batteries actually would be a great feature. Something you could require for flashlights, rangefinder, nvgs, and all nv/therm scopes. And each item burns them at varying speeds and they are relatively rare.

if they fix the duplication exploit hopefully it'll become less rare

I found one at a crashed heli site... 10 second slater the sever resets and I lose it.

5 Days later a player spawns INFRONT of me, like 20m away (Feel sorry for his ass). He had an L85 and so I killed him.

Next Day, I get killed by a hacker, My buddy picks up my weapon, and it dupes as I take it out of his backpack.

Then Carma becomes a bitch as Both the duped and original disappear out of our tents at the next server restart....

All in all, its very use full for spotting other players or zeds around a player at any range. As for shooting people with it, I have had no success in the short time I was in possession of it.

I have only seen one person with the l85. I have also used it and it takes alot of hits to the body to kill a person at 150m. I would take a cz550 over the l85.

WHY DID THE HELICOPTER CRASH?

CAUSE THE L85 WAS TOO IMBALANCED

The thermal feature should require batteries.

Batteries actually would be a great feature. Something you could require for flashlights' date=' rangefinder, nvgs, and all nv/therm scopes. And each item burns them at varying speeds and they are relatively rare.

[/quote']

I agree batteries, would be a great feature for those sorts of things

Agreed. Realistic batteries though. I havent researched this but i doubt the thermal scope or nightvision uses standard batteries. Also, The gun should come with batteries loaded in it. But, after a realistic time of use you would need to have found more. But they would need to be über rare if the scopes require special batteries. Flashlight batteries should be common though.

Fix what little duping exploits remain' date=' and the 'problem' is solved.

[/quote']

Almost. This, + wipe all characters back to 'new'... :)

Make the L85 Thermal much more rare. Add in other L85 variants to "water" the loot tables down. I personally love the L85 with Eotech on it.

Funny...

The only use for the l85 is for spotting, and spotting bandits in particular. See where I'm heading with this post? Yeah...

Survivors who are looting will spawn zombies around them and thus make it easy to spot them without thermal. Snipers laying down for hours, waiting for a kill will not spawn zombies (if they place themselves well enough). They will be hard to see when they have ghillie on and are camping inside bushes.

The purpose for the l85 is only to catch those bandits you all hate so much. Oh, but wait, you must be that bandit who got axe murdered from behind after sitting still for 2 hours.

The as 50, m107, l85 with thermal and fn fal with nvg should all be removed.

All of them are overpowered guns that are extremely common.

Replace the as 50 and m107 with a single shot Barret 99.

1 shot kills but 1 round bolt action no semi auto 10 round magazines.

Replace the fn fal nvg with the regular fn fal, replace the l85 to the susat sight version.

Funny...

The only use for the l85 is for spotting' date=' and spotting bandits in particular. See where I'm heading with this post? Yeah...

Survivors who are looting will spawn zombies around them and thus make it easy to spot them without thermal. Snipers laying down for hours, waiting for a kill will not spawn zombies (if they place themselves well enough). They will be hard to see when they have ghillie on and are camping inside bushes.

The purpose for the l85 is only to catch those bandits you all hate so much. Oh, but wait, you must be that bandit who got axe murdered from behind after sitting still for 2 hours.

[/quote']

OP is about the scope of the L85. Quit your butthurt PvP bitching, this has nothing to do with it.

I am all for replacing the L85 with the Susat version and getting rid of the .50 cals altogether. Instead, replace them with a rare L115A2 and bring in the M40. Add the ballistics and windage scripts from ACE to make shooting at long ranges a challenge.

That and batteries for nvgs, rangefinders, windage tools and the FN FAL nightscope.

.45% is still to high, iv gone from finding 3 today to finding 5, along with a 107 & AS50, Not rare enough. Dump the thermal scope and bring in different l85 variants, would be much more interesting.

Confirming I've alone found 3 L85s in 3 days. Seem to be pretty much 25% chance on a heli crash site.

If you hang around stary and novy, you'll have one of these in 2 days.

However, this weapon, while way too common (btw the svd camo is the rarest gun in the game), is the only counter currently we have to campers.

I should know as I'm one. There is no way to find me or spot me without the L85A without extreme dumb luck, and anyone I see in almost 180 degree radius is as good as dead as it's a highly busy area inland I'm often camping. Just ask the 5 people who died from 1 shot each from 750 meters today without even having the chance to D/C.

I use the L85A to spot, others should use it to spot me.

Not only you can get it from the helis, but the fact is that only a small portion of those weapons get lost, so you have NEW ones + you have all the other spawned previusly and eventually collected doing PvP... this is why the versy first days only few ppl had it, but more days (months) passes, and more chances you have to find one or to kill a person that has one. The weapons is not "rare" anymore (i've found more L85A2 than M24) and this is why it should be removed coz it's too good for spotting in this type of environment (forest/trees).

do not make this into the QQ threads over at EA boards for BF3 that shit seriously ruined the game for me - the constant gun fuckups not the QQing ofc

I see quite a few people QQing because someone mentioned the possibility of taking away their new crutch weapon.

To be totally honest, they should remove all NVG/Thermal from Day-Z or at the very minimum add battery life simply because the new chopper spawns make it way too easy to get the stuff.

If things stay as they are, 9 out of 10 people will be carrying NVG/Thermal in one variant or another and the game will become way too easy.

Do I have the gear? Yes I do.

Do I still think its OP? Yes I do.

Nerf brigade is hungry, very hungry.

I have found exactly 1 of these guns in my near 200 hours of game time. Also, out of all the players I have come across, only one had this weapon.

So you can all go fuck yourselves and your 'awesome' luck(duping/teleporting bitches more like).

Duping aside (and I'm sure this gun is getting duped like there's no tomorrow), the L85 is just so useful very few will be lost.

If you find one at a crash, you pick it up. If you find an extra one, you pick it up for your friends. If you kill someone with one, you pick it up. If you raid someone else's tent and they have one, you pick it up. So it becomes much more common than less rare, less useful guns. They tend to accumulate.

I've seen it happen in my group with the .50 cal rifles. From choppers/PVP/raids, we have more than we actually need, no matter how "rare" they are.

Really myself and 2 buddies of mine have came across 12 so far, not to mention the other shit we found there, the wrecks are farmable just like everything else. Battery life to NVG's/Thermal would be a good fix for it tbh.

Nerf brigade is hungry' date=' very hungry.

I have found exactly 1 of these guns in my near 200 hours of game time. Also, out of all the players I have come across, only one had this weapon.

So you can all go fuck yourselves and your 'awesome' luck(duping/teleporting bitches more like).

[/quote']

Then youre probably a "Coast Hugger" because in the last week, we have "Found" about 8 of these things at chopper wrecks... no shit.

My basic assumption of you is: You have found a crutch and dont want to lose it.

Same with most other people coming on here whining that the Thermal OPness of the LA85 is all fine and dandy.

Probably the same fags who thought the NV scope in BF3 was well balanced when 99% of people playing were using it.

Youll be asking Rocket to add heartbeat sensors next.....