Rayth

Legit silenced sniper rifles?

Are there any?

Because if not... I just met my demise on Seattle 61 to a silenced sniper... again.

Nope, anyone who's using a silenced weapon is using a hacked gun.

They could have shot you from a range outside earshot. That would be more likely.

Nope' date=' anyone who's using a silenced weapon is using a hacked gun.

[/quote']

So your saying the silenced MP5 is hacked?

m4 sd has decent range.

edit: not that it's needed....shoot someone from far enough, and they will die before they hear the shot. Unless you mean the bullet crack, but sometimes you don't even hear that.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, or what... I know there are silenced weapons. I'm asking about silenced sniper rifles. None are listed on the DayZ wiki that I can see.

Nope' date=' anyone who's using a silenced weapon is using a hacked gun.

[/quote']

So your saying the silenced MP5 is hacked?

Oh wait duh, I didn't type that correctly. I'm too damned tired. Let me clarify, anyone who is using a silenced SNIPER rifle is using a hacked gun.

They could have shot you from a range outside earshot. That would be more likely.

The position we were in, and the amount of scanning of potential areas we could have come under attack from that we did... the shot that nailed my buddy in the head first trigger-pull, and then the third bullet that got me... they came from a high powered rifle, silenced, shot from a vantage point.

There is no doubt.

the silenced guns that are in dayz are:

silenced M9

mp5sd

Bizon

M4A1 CCO SD

other silent weapons:

Crossbow

hatchet

Crowbar

On a different note: when oneshot killed by a longrange sniper shot you will most likely not hear the actual shot because by the time the sound reaches your position you are already dead (as the bullet is supersonic).

m4 sd has decent range.

edit: not that it's needed....shoot someone from far enough' date=' and they will die before they hear the shot. Unless you mean the bullet crack, but sometimes you don't even hear that.

[/quote']

I've heard shots from just outside and just inside hearing range, and I know what they sound like when they hit the wall by my head. This was simply a silenced weapon. No extra whip-crack after the fact. And we were careful. No way did we get shot down by a freakin' M4 SD. Unless the guy got headshots on two out of three bullets from over 1000 meters with that gun. Not likely.

On a different note: when oneshot killed by a longrange sniper shot you will most likely not hear the actual shot because by the time the sound reaches your position you are already dead (as the bullet is supersonic).

I hear what you're saying. But there was a missed shot. And there was no noise except for the quiet 'ping' noise of a silenced rifle.

Weapons are being hacked in... for fucks sake, I found a KSVK in Stary Sobor tents just yesterday on Seattle 100.

So I found one yesterday, and got owned by one today.

Unless the guy got headshots on two out of three bullets from over 1000 meters with that gun. Not likely.

1000 meters?? Really? Do you know that no gun EXCEPT sniper rifles can shoot that far? Even if it was a silenced rifle, I seriously doubt it would have that kind of range.

Suppression _seriously_ hinders range. This is why I never use SD ammo in anything except SD guns, which I almost never have anyway heh.

Silence costs a lot.

It's possibly it's a hacked gun, but really, at the range you are talking, what's the difference?

Unless the guy got headshots on two out of three bullets from over 1000 meters with that gun. Not likely.

1000 meters?? Really? Do you know that no gun EXCEPT sniper rifles can shoot that far?

That's what I'm saying. No gun EXCEPT a sniper rifle could have made those shots. And it was silenced. Hence, my first post.

Actually the AS50 is really quiet, you wouldn't be able to hear it from about 550+ meters away. Arma's directional and spacial audio in general is pretty terrible.

There IS a silenced Sniper Rifle that people can hack in, but no LEGIT silenced sniper rifle in DayZ

Found one of those silenced snipers a week or so ago, on a character that was just standing there along with a silenced PDW, Rangefinder and NVG.

Grabbed the sniper rifle and played around with it for a couple of minutes popping zombies, before I dumped it in the woods along with the rest of the gear. Wasn't worth the risk, for sure

Here's the pic of the sniper rifle/silenced PDW that the guy had.

1EaeC.jpg

There IS a silenced Sniper Rifle that people can hack in' date=' but no LEGIT silenced sniper rifle in DayZ

Found one of those silenced snipers a week or so ago, on a character that was just standing there along with a silenced PDW, Rangefinder and NVG.

Grabbed the sniper rifle and played around with it for a couple of minutes popping zombies, before I dumped it in the woods along with the rest of the gear. Wasn't worth the risk, for sure

[img']pic

That looks like a SCAR. I bet it's range is shit.

A silenced m4 cco can not be heard over the bullets wizzing past you at over 50m. Its my main gun i like to use when i have ammo for it and kill a lot of ppl and they never see me in my gillie suit 50 m in front of them.

The mp5 is even quieter tho not as accurate and harder to get headshots with.

Only give away is the small puffs of smoke after each shot if your not looking you wont see it and most ppl who just heard a bullet whiz past are not standing around looking for puffs of smoke lol.

There IS a silenced Sniper Rifle that people can hack in' date=' but no LEGIT silenced sniper rifle in DayZ

[img']http://i.imgur.com/1EaeC.jpg

The silenced PDW is a legit weapon. that rifle looks like a Scar CCO SD, which is not a lootable weapon in dayz

SCAR has effective range from 300m to 600m depending on the type of scar, so what exactly do you mean by shit range? Or maybe american rifles do better if that's what you mean?

SCAR has effective range from 300m to 600m depending on the type of scar' date=' so what exactly do you mean by shit range? Or maybe american rifles do better if that's what you mean?

[/quote']

No. Just meant in comparison to actual sniper rifles. Which tend to hit at least 800m.

OP cant just admit to himself that someone just owned him and his friends. Obviously he missed some spot where some sniper probably shot them with an AS50 from far far away.

OP cant just admit to himself that someone just owned him and his friends. Obviously he missed some spot where some sniper probably shot them with an AS50 from far far away.

I don't think that would change anything at all. It's not like he's crying that he died.

Sending detailed reports with information might help.

There is illegal stuff and legal stuff brought in illegally, (found two crates last night: one filled with every military type weapon & ammo, and the other with medical stuff & toolkit items. Crikey, so tempting.

I don't know how to help reduce it's proliferation and game destroying potential.

Was this at Stary Sobor late last night? I killed a couple guys in the trees above the tents. Was using m107, range was just over 1000m. Range finders make this easy.