This might be a stupid as i dont know how this mod would work BUT. Couldnt there be a way to play this game offline through single player? like a full download or something?

I am just really sick of playing hours on end finding great loot, working hard to find bigger backpacks and food, tools and so on only to get shot in the back by some fucking arse hole. I would love to run around on this game without the constant fear of seeing other players and having to log out when I see one. I have had 4 encounters with other players. 3 times I was shot in the back without even seeing them, the 4th i saw him first so i shot over the top of his head to scare him off. I want single player, this would be the best game if it was.

There was a glitch for that and it was taken out. Its a BAD idea.

Simple reason, a player can completely stack them self and join multiplayer. The Servers remember what you have, so you cant mix single player and multiplayer.

Also it would stress the servers to much.

Already possible. I won't explain here, but enough Googling will lead you to the right place.

How is that fun?I spent 3 hours trying to survive and died to zeds the other night and was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy better than death by sniper bullet.Come on mam think?!! ;)

Please, no.

An Offline option would ruin this game for me, it would be like doing EVE offline ... not the point. AI behavior is a program script, but you'll never know what the real guy walking around the bend is going to do. I've been shot at, and saved. I've killed another human, and healed others.

If a fully functional solo mode (with a character separate from your multi-player character) could be implemented it would be a nice addition for a certain demographic of players and could prove to be an interesting facet should Dayz become a stand alone game (and VERY nice if you are cut off from the internet) . But most people would soon realize that Dayz by yourself is not truly Dayz the PvP (or in my case, player vs. "wait... wait.. are you friendly because Im.. *BANG*) aspect is integral. Also this seems to me like it would require a massive investment of time by the developers and require a near overhaul of the servers, especially to make a separate solo character

Well so far some good feedback, but for those of you that are saying "COME ON MANNNN, WHATS THE POINT OF SINGLE PLAYER MANNN?!!?". Like I stated in the first post.

"I am just really sick of playing hours on end finding great loot, working hard to find bigger backpacks and food, tools and so on only to get shot in the back by some fucking arse hole."

Not everyone has FUN on PvP games. If its a FPS in my opinion BRING IT ON! they are great, Red Orchestra 2 for example, awesome and I can see how people love pvp in this. But i DONT, it ruins the game completely for me. Like i said, i would like to be able to run around being worried about infected rather than 49 other players on the same server with guns who will shoot you on sight JUST CAUS... Atleast they could bring out a Friendly Fire server option, that way it would be teamwork and not have to worry about making an offline mode. There are many people who would like this not everyone is into PvP.

I would love to run around on this game without the constant fear of seeing other players and having to log out when I see one.

So in essence you are publicly stating that you are exploiting and that you see it as the core essence of the game/mod...

...The objection to offline mode seems entirely based on two things:

1. "I would never play DayZ single player"

--Good for you, but why the hell are you objecting to something that doesn't affect you? o_0

If you can't understand the fun of playing DayZ without PvP and lag then there's no point trying to explain why it would be fun.

Personally I'd love to play DayZ alternating through both multiplayer with friends, and single player offline without.

2."But then people can gather loot and take it to multiplayer"

--You aren't connected to a server, so your character is of course NOT being saved for multiplayer. Besides, you can already log on at night when nobody in your time zone is playing and gather loot with nobody around anyway, so your point is doubly invalid.

The point of offline mode would be to have a separate client-side-saved character which you can play if you're sick of bandits and lag...

No transitions to multiplayer, just you playing as a lone survivor seeing if you can progress on your own and not get yourself killed.

I think it would be very fun and a great idea. It would do no harm to DayZ multiplayer, it's just another option for convenience of playing how and when you want, even when your internet is down.

+1

I would love to run around on this game without the constant fear of seeing other players and having to log out when I see one.

So in essence you are publicly stating that you are exploiting and that you see it as the core essence of the game/mod...

He wants to play the mod single player but has no option to do so. Of course he's going to take every precaution to avoid other players who are 90% likely to kill him on sight.

About 10% of players on this mod are "Bandits".... and 80% are "Survivors who shoot on sight".... the other 10% are "Survivors lacking the resources to shoot on sight".

Fix the problem of needing to shoot potentially innocent players on sight or else don't be surprised when people are basically forced to abuse the log out system to avoid being killed for no reason by players who are only trying not to be killed themselves.

multiplayer is just KoS any other setting will get you killed, thats why there are @stat servers now that dont use the hive system as people are getting fed up of random hackers joining the server that they are not allowed to password, or the pointless killing of new players by people geared up with full camo hiding miles away with a sniper and then switching server after each kill.

Pros and cons of a non hive server multiplayer

+ password the server

+ kick players for clan / friends

+ Non deathmatch mode

+ Cars and other stuff not miles outside of the map or hidden in some location that will take days to find.

+ no random player killing

- Less players to team up with

I fail to see how this is a bad idea.

Multiplayer makes this game what it is... and getting rid of that aspect completely gives you an unfair advantage. Now, maybe, if there was a way to make it so you could not import a single-player character into multiplayer, that's a different story.

As of now, it doesn't seem possible.