Crazysteve6547

Could You Pull The Trigger?

I hear many people saying, "Oh yeah, I'd shoot anyone who comes near me." No you wouldn't. I would like to know what your thought processes would be before you shoot someone.

Some questions I'd like you to answer:

1: Can you hold a gun properly? Yet alone shoot it?

2: Are you realy that cold blooded?

3: What purpose do you have to shoot on sight?

A side note:

I know this isn't real life. It can never even be simulated. But all the effort on the side of the Dev team and community is appreciated.

1 - Not when I'm lagging

2 - Only for one week out of the month

3 - Acquisition of beans

Srsly tho, the times I've hesitated whilst packing uber gear I've been killed. My learning curve is still curving.

1: Depends on the gun, I have trouble with sidearms/short guns but rifles are easy.

2: No.

3: If they display signs of being hostile then definitely.

i dont think people who claim they would kill on sight in irl are taken seriously by anyone.

real life behaviours dont impact how people play the game that much, its more about what the game mechanics allow them to do.

i kos in the game but i would never do it in real life. by the same token i would not kos if there was a way to tell someones humanity level.

In game, generally shot on site is the only way to live. If your not on teamspeak, and your as far north as i, then i know your armed. Generally im shot first and if they miss (usually don't) then they are going to have to pry the gun from my cold dead hands. To many players have shot me...

In Game:

1. Game does it for me :s (IRL: of course, I live in Arizona, have my CCW, and have too many guns :) )

2. No.

3. I don't. I hide where I can't be seen, and attempt to make contact. I do everything I can in attempt to avoid any firefights. I generally try to help people if I run into them. I don't stick around with people too long, maybe a few minutes, because i've read to many stories of people back stabbing others for gear. With the gear I have, I don't risk it, not that i'm very attached, I just keep it easy. :)

1: Can you hold a gun properly? Yet alone shoot it?

Yes

2: Are you realy that cold blooded?

No (see #3 for my only reason)

3: What purpose do you have to shoot on sight?

Defence of myself or my family

Most people act all tough but in really they wouldn't shoot. If you wanna test if you'd actually do it like you say it's simple. Go to a window and look at the first person you see that you don't know. Stare at them and then think "could I shoot them". Play it out in your mind. You're holding a gun and about to shoot them. You'll see most of you will say no. It's easy to shoot a faceless respawning game avatar. When you can look a stranger in the face and think "Yeah, I'd do it." I'll believe you.

1: Yes I could and would.

2: I doubt myself about this, I probably am.

3: Anyone who sees me, carries loot I want and could be considered a threat, in other words everyone up north.

1: Yes

2: If the situation pertains, yes

3: If I feel that the person is going to endanger my survival

I don't think i can bring myself to shot someone who running from me or hasn't seen me yet, It come from people are scared and they don't want to die, So they shot first.

1. NO

2. NO

3. None!

Stupid question as you are basing it on real life!!!

If this s...t ever happened you would be running to friends and family like pussies!!!

No one in dayz is rambo you might get a few but most would soil, brown stain etc soon as this s..t went off!!

I am from uk so all of above is relevant!! So dont come along all rambo and hard because the truth is you would be shi...ng your pants!! No matter what country you came from!!!

1: Can you hold a gun properly? Yes.

1b)Yet alone shoot it?197/200 @ 200m on three inch targets, breave, squeeze, and follow through.

2: Are you really that cold blooded? I might not be but my buddy is ex military, it well probably be him that shoots you first if ya are being shot on sight, this guy is a freak of nature when it comes to irl tower defense

3: What purpose do you have to shoot on sight? Other then by the time it comes too where people are rare having one of several 'fortified' buildings (brewery overtake plan or building a house on a 2 mile long train bridge that the lowest point to the ground is 30 feet, None really, cause we'd have guns locked onto you before you could even get over our fences, and we would be happy to let you know you have several well trained people aimming at you, well after you probably already get that feeling someone's watching you, plus the signs sitting about on the fences. So no purpose to shoot on sight.

breave' date=' squeeze, and follow through.[/quote']

Heh...

three basics, breath control, trigger control, and your follow through.

also spelling is not my specialty

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. Survival, never know when someone is gonna squeeze the trigger before you.

Most people act all tough but in really they wouldn't shoot. If you wanna test if you'd actually do it like you say it's simple. Go to a window and look at the first person you see that you don't know. Stare at them and then think "could I shoot them". Play it out in your mind. You're holding a gun and about to shoot them. You'll see most of you will say no. It's easy to shoot a faceless respawning game avatar. When you can look a stranger in the face and think "Yeah' date=' I'd do it." I'll believe you.

[/quote']

I walk through the mall around here looking people in the face while I think about all the ways I could kill them, I'm constantly looking for and weighing out all my options for defense and offense when others are around. Why? Because I've had "friendly strangers" turn out to be not so friendly, speaking about real life. I do not own any guns myself, I actually don't agree with guns but I do have plenty of knives and other types of weapons which I have on my person at all times even when I'm sitting in my house on my computer, perfectly safe. Ya just never know.

1: Yes, it really isn't hard.

2: If it comes down to survival yes.

3: Survival.

1: Never tried

2: I don't know

3: Eliminate threats

1. NO

2. NO

3. None!

If this s...t ever happened you would be running to friends and family like pussies!!!

No one in dayz is rambo you might get a few but most would soil' date=' brown stain etc soon as this s..t went off!!

I am from uk so all of above is relevant!! So dont come along all rambo and hard because the truth is you would be shi...ng your pants!! No matter what country you came from!!!

[/quote']

I dont want to sound like a ass but I would not want you around me in this situation or if we had to go to real war. You would have to get your head on right to stay around me.

Its not like we are all evil or hard asses in the usa, but everyone I know would be able to do it. I just dont understand your thought on this. You do what you have to do to survive for your self and people around you. Maybe its because I am older and all the families around me came from WW2 and Korean wars.

1.Yes

2.Yes, if I have to be.

3.Cant really say yes or no to this. I would have to know what situation I was in. Most of the time it would be no.

Unless you been in frontline army or some crazy nut, it would not happen period!!!

Why because people who play the game are f...ing retards if they think real life is the same its not, you have remorse, dispose of body problem, down wright feeling s..t.... No game on the planet can give the real feelings of life, family & friendship etc.

We all pussies! And the 1st thing i would do with markov in real life is shoot myself in the face because at the end of the day whats the point!!!

I dont kill on sight, i lose amazing gear because of this, i get my gear again and die with a good heart. ever since Dayz became popular its a PvP fest and i dont mind since every game changes and mutates along the way but ill die happy instead of adapting to be cold

oh and

A. yes (would need to learn with different guns tho since i only know basics)#

B. no. i couldnt kill unless im in danger, if they start it then probably

C. if my life is in peral

1. NO

2. NO

3. None!

No one in dayz is rambo you might get a few but most would soil' date=' brown stain etc soon as this s..t went off!!

[/quote']

I dont want to sound like a ass but I would not want you around me in this situation or if we had to go to real war. You would have to get your head on right to stay around me.

Its not like we are all evil or hard asses in the usa, but everyone I know would be able to do it. I just dont understand your thought on this. You do what you have to do to survive for your self and people around you. Maybe its because I am older and all the families around me came from WW2 and Korean wars.

1.Yes

2.Yes, if I have to be.

3.Cant really say yes or no to this. I would have to know what situation I was in. Most of the time it would be no.

Err am 40yrs of age and most if not all the rambo comments do pi.. me a little. The end of the day you dont know, and to be honest i dont want to know.

Its not something to challange your IQ for ... Oh er how would i survive if it all went t.tsup. If it actualy happened end of the day you f.....d!! End of!!!

So you would be running round like a little girl hoping someone would save you ar.. !!

Really think about it, its the worst nightmare you could have, thats why i think the zombie theme has struck a cord with so many people.

Think about what the human race has gone through. We were not always top of the food chain. I think alot of you that say you would shit your pants would come about fast, its part of what we are.

Think about what the human race has gone through. We were not always top of the food chain. I think alot of you that say you would shit your pants would come about fast' date=' its part of what we are.

[/quote']

We are top of the food chain and always have been otherwise we would not be here discussing this!!!! ..............

I love how Itchy knows how everyone would act in a zombie apocalypse situation despite the fact that he knows none of us.