Kyiara

Stable Update 1.24

5 minutes ago, Kuzyn. said:

To be honest I have worse performance on 1.24 than before. In forests FPS drops from 120 to 70-90 with some visible stuttering effect which is really annoying. After turning of antyaliasing its much better, no idea what happened.

I’m more annoyed that having powerful 12700k hardware, my server still works like a decrepit grandmother

Maybe you should reconsider switching to the new enfusion engine.

Unfortunately and fortunately, I don’t have time to wait for the developers to find time to solve this issue, so I offer my solution to the aiming problem. All we need is to set up simultaneous RMB + focus on the right mouse button. This can be done using different mouse programming programs. I'm very sorry, but not all mice have this and not everyone can understand how to do it. I did this thanks to macros, first I press RMB, and then MMB with an 8ms increment. MMB is the middle mouse button, keep that in mind. She got me thinking. Well, in general, that's all. I've seen the options described above, but they all work poorly. There, either you lose focus of vision, or you need to integrate it into the game code. Or you won’t be able to jump on the usual button. See the link for a diagram of my solution. https://imgur.com/a/JFTHmEw

4 hours ago, Kreser said:

I’m more annoyed that having powerful 12700k hardware, my server still works like a decrepit grandmother

Seriously? Doesn't it bother you at all that you use a processor for a regular computer for server tasks?🤣

Greetings @Kyiara I have a question.

At the patch 1.23 on experimental server files was a script "Server_manager.ps1", it was located in ServerRoot/server_manager/Server_manager.ps1 now it was removed from Experimental version & Stable tho but if to be based on BI wiki: Server Manager we should have access to it.
May you please answer where we (server owners) may get that script for exploring & using?

With my regards!

As with everything . . .you pays your money & makes your choice

Xeon w9 3495  - 6229.58 euros

i9 - 14900K        - 611.57 euros

xeon w-1390P  - 459.67 euros

xeon e- 2488     - 694.00 euros

xeon e-2286G   - 711.31 euros

EuutYRQ.png

7zzYpKM.png

@aux7
Well, according to this site, a home Intel Core i7-3770 will be more powerful in terms of its single core than an Intel Xeon Silver 4214R. There’s just one problem: for some reason, my Intel Core i7-3770 is choking already when starting the server, but the Intel Xeon Silver 4214R somehow didn’t give a damn about starting the server, it didn’t even feel the load with a hundred simultaneous people in online. How does this happen? Well, probably the problem is that the processor has more cores, the processor has more cache, the processor is designed for really high loads, it uses LRDIMM type RAM, and I’m also silent about the raid controller with SAS disks, and not home SSDs. No, I'm probably doing something wrong. Well, it can’t be that the site and some users from the forum lied to me.😂
P.S. Of course, I exaggerated a lot here and yes, indeed, the Intel Core i7-3770 will be more powerful in single-threaded mode than the Intel Xeon Silver 4214R, but server tasks have long been multi-threaded. And on the same site where you took the screenshots, there is a top list of processors and also all the information on their computing power, so use your head. If you even opened their top, you would see that the Intel Xeon w9-3495X is in 11th place in terms of performance, while the Intel Core i9-14900K is not even in the top 20. Also keep in mind that server motherboards support installation from 1 to 4 processors, if not up to 8, I don’t remember exactly. Again, purchasing an Intel Xeon w9-3495X is absolutely not justified for DayZ server hosting; there are cheaper options.

On 2/24/2024 at 9:37 PM, Sid Debian said:

Greetings @Kyiara I have a question.

At the patch 1.23 on experimental server files was a script "Server_manager.ps1", it was located in ServerRoot/server_manager/Server_manager.ps1 now it was removed from Experimental version & Stable tho but if to be based on BI wiki: Server Manager we should have access to it.
May you please answer where we (server owners) may get that script for exploring & using?

With my regards!

Hi Sid, thanks for letting us know. They will add it there again.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Kyiara said:

Hi Sid, thanks for letting us know. They will add it there again.

Thank you for the answer, @Kyiara !

• Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 4:52 PM, Kyiara said:

Added: Linux server files (Documentation)

When I start the server in WSL, it is not visible from under windows, in principle, I thought of an error in wsl that udp ports are not being thrown in windows(https://github.com/microsoft/WSL/issues/8783 ) but I can't connect to the server even using the "Direct connection" button along with the WSL ip that I get using "hostname -I" (172.19.38.79). Maybe someone knows how to help me?

From the log ss -tuln, it can be seen that the server is running and listening on the necessary ports:

udp   UNCONN 0      0            0.0.0.0:2302       0.0.0.0:*
udp   UNCONN 0      0            0.0.0.0:2304       0.0.0.0:*
udp   UNCONN 0      0            0.0.0.0:27016      0.0.0.0:*

23 minutes ago, Delitel said:

When I start the server in WSL, it is not visible from under windows, in principle, I thought of an error in wsl that udp ports are not being thrown in windows(https://github.com/microsoft/WSL/issues/8783 ) but I can't connect to the server even using the "Direct connection" button along with the WSL ip that I get using "hostname -I" (172.19.38.79). Maybe someone knows how to help me?

From the log ss -tuln, it can be seen that the server is running and listening on the necessary ports:

udp   UNCONN 0      0            0.0.0.0:2302       0.0.0.0:*
udp   UNCONN 0      0            0.0.0.0:2304       0.0.0.0:*
udp   UNCONN 0      0            0.0.0.0:27016      0.0.0.0:*

I was able to connect to the server via wsl ip, but only by directly specifying the ip and port in the launcher settings. Still, I have a question, why don't I see my server in the launcher list and when I try to connect using the "Direct connection" button, nothing just happens?

PC Stable 1.24 Update 2 - Version 1.24.157551 (Release on 29.02.2024)

GAME

FIXED

Changed

TOOLS

KNOWN ISSUES

• Base walls can be glitched through under specific circumstances
  • Dead players are only deleted on server restart, which can result in performance issues especially on modififed PVP servers
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I started this game, and it seemed amazing but the first update before this one turned my game into lag spike central, I would love to know what it is I should do to end all lag spiking, because it is by far the most annoying thing. And I get it it is a old game but at the same time seeing that it is 2024 I would imagine we know how to end all the lagging.

12 hours ago, jungle said:

I started this game, and it seemed amazing but the first update before this one turned my game into lag spike central, I would love to know what it is I should do to end all lag spiking, because it is by far the most annoying thing. And I get it it is a old game but at the same time seeing that it is 2024 I would imagine we know how to end all the lagging.

Hi, the best is to create a ticket here
Make sure to mention If you are connected via wifi/cable, the server you are on and traceroute when those issues occurs would be also nice.
The team will help you find the issue.

Hello dear administration!
After the latest update, there is a problem with the disappearance of corpses. I have a DeathMatch server and I need corpses to disappear quickly. I use the <var name="CleanupLifetimeDeadPlayer" type="0" value="1"/> parameter in the global.xml file and until the last update everything worked great!
Now, when the corpses do not disappear after 60 minutes of play, the server's fps drops below 10 and it is not able to process commands, the server simply cannot even reboot!!

On 2/29/2024 at 8:16 PM, Kyiara said:

PC Stable 1.24 Update 2 - Version 1.24.157551 (Release on 29.02.2024)

KNOWN ISSUES

• Base walls can be glitched through under specific circumstances
  • Dead players are only deleted on server restart, which can result in performance issues especially on modififed PVP servers

The bold and underlined issue is quite a concerns fro multiple servers. Do we have an ETA on when that will be patched?

[hidden by Kyiara]

can be solved with a small fix.
you need to either remove these objects from the world.
or create your own class of these items and modify the ModItemRegisterCallbacks class by specifying other animations for new classes of these items!! Naturally removing the basic ones!

This is not my decision, I saw it on another project!!

On 3/2/2024 at 8:22 AM, AUS_NZ_SniperCap said:

The bold and underlined issue is quite a concerns fro multiple servers. Do we have an ETA on when that will be patched?

@Kyiara any update on an ETA to resolution?

Hi @Kyiara

During experimental there was a "false" report that bushes tank damage and deflect bullets a lot etc. but it seems that for trees it is a thing? Which is kinda opposite to what was said during the stream, that changes of trees hitbox wont have a signifact gameplay impact.
But for now it looks like they had a huge impact and with bigger hitboxes it is totally unreliable when there is a shooting in forest:

WOBO How Trees Reduce Your Damage & Accuracy in DayZ 1.24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZJfLGMU9B8

Posted (edited)

Since the new update I have been getting the worst lags spikes and fps drops ever, game was running fine before the update, as for other games they  run like a charm... but  Dayz is just unplayable with these fps drops. Take note that i got 2070 super i9-10900 32gb of ram I have tried all kind of optimization but noting works... Help I can't play with this stuttering

Edited by Fangz-7b069a34f76ef289
mistake

2 hours ago, Fangz-7b069a34f76ef289 said:

Since the new update I have been getting the worst lags spikes and fps drops ever, game was running fine before the update, as for other games they  run like a charm... but  Dayz is just unplayable with these fps drops. Take note that i got 2070 super i9-10900 32gb of ram I have tried all kind of optimization but noting works... Help I can't play with this stuttering

Could you check if lowering the MSAA gives you more FPS with less stuttering? If yes, please respond to this issue made by me on feedback tracker that you also have that problem: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T179320

• Like 1