ChicagoFaucet

Anyone else getting wet for no reason whatsoever?

Posted (edited)

I own a server.  It's a vanilla server.  No mods.

Just today, players have been stating that when they spawn a new character, within a few minutes, the character gets wet.  I spawned into the server and confirmed that it is happening.

Anyone else having this problem, or heard of it before?  Looking for an explanation.

I made two changes today, but they were just to add new weapons to the character random loadout.  This is something that I do regularly, though, to keep the server interesting.

Edited by ChicagoFaucet

Looks like it's progressively getting worse.  My character, just standing there on dry land, clear blue sky, when from damp, to wet, now to drenched.

1 hour ago, ChicagoFaucet said:

Looks like it's progressively getting worse.  My character, just standing there on dry land, clear blue sky, when from damp, to wet, now to drenched.

Well it's an old bug, but now it's already the feature so relax and get some pleasure from it.

Now how and what what da?

1. No matter how you think but very often the weather could be desynced between units and the server (the reason is the synchronization process and the reason to not to try to kill your network in 1 second, I mean the huge data amount between users and server).

2. Check the stats and configuration settings - yeah you could say why for, I don't use mods etc but nevertheless you shall try to optimise you server by adjusting it's settings truly the slow serveray cause slow traffic between players bubbles and server , the server would try to drop off some some synchronization issues timeouts for normalisation of data transmission - but it's still may cause the desynchronization between clients, clients and server.

3. Try to find an old way to configure the weather (somewhere from 1.02 - 1.04 versions), it used the different module but it works well on the side of synchronization between users. Yeah I understand that you can create the user for each user (wired bug, but funny feature), I'm using an old way to setup the weather and sometimes I and another player has two different weathers on the same place (in range 10 meters away of eachother).

Really i suggest you to point on your server configuration that may costs too much for you and your clients and as the result - desync everything not only the weather.

I wish you luck to find the solution to your personal server; with my regards!

P.S. oh sorry, I'd forgot to point on other stuff: sometimes many players pointing on hidden features of updates, thanks to support team that's fixing missed stuff in patch logs, but never the less when you'd spawned - run like hell out from coast would be warmer and less chance to drenched away 🙂

• Confused 1