Pyongo Bongo

Cigarettes

There are / were cigarettes in the game files and cigarette ads in-game.

Please add the smokeable cigarettes.

AND THEY MAKE YOUR HEALTH BAR GO DOWN XD

And can be used to light a fire and as kindling.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pyongo Bongo said:

Actually it's already in game files, you can spawn box of cigarettes, game has lighters.

About ads: it was called Chernomorky (on the pack on russian: Chernomorkanal (kidding on soviet cigarettes (it's still exists) "Belomorkanal", that add still in the game and you can find it on the map (billboard), but image is hardly damaged so it's hard to see, but if you know how it looks - it's not a problem to see.

About the billboard here for you original texture from Arma 2 (Chernomorkanal (Cernomorky)): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GD7_NtW80LM_3v5Zy9P2Si8-7U34bIVh/view?usp=drivesdk

Idk that might be useless but why not 😄

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Pyongo Bongo said:

Actually it's already in game files, you can spawn box of cigarettes, game has lighters.

About ads: it was called Chernomorky (on the pack on russian: Chernomorkanal (kidding on soviet cigarettes (it's still exists) "Belomorkanal", that add still in the game and you can find it on the map (billboard), but image is hardly damaged so it's hard to see, but if you know how it looks - it's not a problem to see.

If you wish original texture I can send you link over priv msg (maybe it will work idk damn it).

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Pyongo Bongo said:

And what did you light the cigarette with ? What ever you used can be used to light the fire. I don't see a point in adding a cigarettes. Adds nothing to gameplay, and wastes the time of the only 2 devs working on the important staff. 

They could make cigarettes 🚬 also provide a buff like in RedDead Redemption 2 does for instance.

In RDO if a tobacco product is consumed, like smoking cigarettes, one takes health damage but gains Dead Eye.

In DayZ, perhaps smoking could do something like add warmth bonus in addition to doing health damage.

On 11/4/2023 at 4:50 PM, General Zod said:

And what did you light the cigarette with ? What ever you used can be used to light the fire. I don't see a point in adding a cigarettes. Adds nothing to gameplay, and wastes the time of the only 2 devs working on the important staff. 

There are only 2 devs? That can't be true right?

39 minutes ago, damca said:

Actually development team of BI is quite larger then 2.

But on balance of BI 4 projects for sure (A3, DZ, Take on Mars, AReif), A3 and ToM is on support state of nature, most active is AReif, and somewhere at the bottom of list a bit upper then A3 is DayZ - if translate on normal lang.

And yeah it's add an awesome stuff to the game (sing it loud: Smoke On The Water, Fire intge skies...).

And if you can kill yourself in reality with sigarets why you can't kill in the game?

14 hours ago, damca said:

I was being sarcastic. 

14 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

And if you can kill yourself in reality with sigarets why you can't kill in the game?

Because it takes a very long time for smokers to die barring a somewhat rare case of very aggressive cancer which still takes years. No way your character could live in game for this long, if other players or bugs won't get you a wipe will.  

1 hour ago, General Zod said:

I was being sarcastic. 

Because it takes a very long time for smokers to die barring a somewhat rare case of very aggressive cancer which still takes years. No way your character could live in game for this long, if other players or bugs won't get you a wipe will.  

Nah man you can blow everything around, try something like: "This is the game and not the reality blah-blah-blah & etc..."

3 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

Nah man you can blow everything around, try something like: "This is the game and not the reality blah-blah-blah & etc..."

Sure, but in real life cigs don't give you any actual benefits apart from maybe calming your nerves once you're already hooked on them. Since there are no nerves in game mechanics I wonder what's the point of adding them ? 

6 hours ago, General Zod said:

Sure, but in real life cigs don't give you any actual benefits apart from maybe calming your nerves once you're already hooked on them. Since there are no nerves in game mechanics I wonder what's the point of adding them ? 

In some cases faster death is the benefit. So depends on only on angel of view.

7 hours ago, General Zod said:

Fun. I can think of many fun things to do with them 🙂

There is a reason modders added cigarettes and joints years ago.

It's just fun and silly.