Kyiara

1.23 Server Wipe Announcement

Survivors,
After a thorough assessment, we have opted to proceed with map wipes to accommodate 1.23 update's map changes.
Your character progress and position on maps are safe.
While not mandatory for Community servers, it's recommended. 

We are also happy to announce that the release date for the 1.23 update across all platforms will be on the 7th of November.

F8uHlGsXUAA--sh.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Sadly but thank you for information.

At least will wipe my private server.

Edited by Sid Debian

PC servers will be taken down at 13:00 CET
Followed by console ones at 14:00 CET 
Each will take approx. 1 hour.

Oh I didn't realise you weren't wiping characters. DayZ xbox is no fun when everyone is completely stacked with gear from the last update.

No rush to see if you can get to the airfield and best loot first. So so disappointing. 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, torchbear said:

Oh I didn't realise you weren't wiping characters. DayZ xbox is no fun when everyone is completely stacked with gear from the last update.

No rush to see if you can get to the airfield and best loot first. So so disappointing. 

You know that this game is a "survival" game and NOT a "War" game ?!?

Edited by Riddick_2K

1 hour ago, Riddick_2K said:

The war can't exist without the peace, same as peace can't exist without the war.

• Haha 1

On 11/7/2023 at 2:58 PM, Riddick_2K said:

Yes and everyone has been surviving for so long that they're logging straight in at high tier areas with everything they already need to kill everyone in sight and take all the best stuff with no effort.

It's not so hard to survive on xbox official and Day Z have left everyone and their alts geared to the nines for this update. Not wiping characters as well seems like a weird oversight, like when the nvgs were made rarer but they left everyone's characters with loads of old nvgs that weren't difficult to find.

• Sad 1

And you want to ruin the survival game for everyone just because there are well-armed people who enjoy killing others? Do you think "erase everything for everyone" is to make sure they don't kill anymore?
Those like them are using DayZ to play something other than what DayZ was created, advertised and sold for. They should be playing Battlefield, CoD or ArmA.
And in any case... you delete everything for everyone and what do you get?
Those who play DayZ for survival have the game ruined and all their progress erased... without having done anything wrong and without even having been killed by another player.
Anyone who plays DayZ like it's a war game will quickly rearm and go back to doing what you're complaining about.
A really great result...
Therefore, what I can recommend is:
If you are someone who plays "real survival", DO NOT go for the WIPE, it does more harm to you than to "those others".
If you are like "those others", DO NOT try to ruin the game for everyone just because you are "poor" at this game... you will always find someone more armed than you, or more "smart" or more "lucky", who will he will see and put you in his sights first... and he will kill you. Use all "negative" experiences as a lesson to avoid them in the future and to "grow" in this game.
And in any case... to all of you who only enjoy to hunt other players: try Battlefield, CoD or ArmA... I think it's more "in tune" with what you're looking for in a video game.
You remind me of those Battlefield players who always complain about "campers" (obviously, in a war game, you just have to run and jump around the map... and, thus, "be a target" for others... especially for the "underdogs" and the "whiners" 😄 ), who call everyone a "noob" they use weapons and accessories that kill them... shotguns, FLIRs, Claymores, etc... and they don't realize that they are the "underdogs" ones, not the others who are "bad or noobs"

P.S. I don't know with this new patch, but you can arm yourself well without necessarily having to go north to "dangerous" areas... obviously you don't know this game very well... 😉

On 11/7/2023 at 9:58 AM, Riddick_2K said:

The amount of people that need to understand this difference is astounding. 

• Like 1