START

NO POINT IN PLAYING DAYZ WITH ALL THE HACKERS

The last 4 times I died were due to hackers... First killed me inside zub tower when I cleared the area a week ago literally behind my back, next one svergino 5 days ago fully geared by heart attack, today in the middle of the woods when I was prone literally behind my back, I respawn after that and die by heart attack, I respawn again and die by heart attack 1 min later. Unplayable game.

• Beans 2

yeah, yesterday i was killed by hacker in the moment i put my feet on the airfield. Avoid official high pop servers, its full of them. I suggest all legit players stop playing in protest against DEVS doing nothing against hackers

• Like 1

you should try to find a community server that you like; admins will be able to ban hackers if you come across any.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Misnomera said:

you should try to find a community server that you like; admins will be able to ban hackers if you come across any.

This, there are countless to pick from, ranging from 100% vanilla all the way to so moded that it's barely DayZ anymore with everything in-between. 

• Confused 1

On 8/7/2023 at 9:22 PM, Misnomera said:

2 hours ago, General Zod said:

This, there are countless to pick from, ranging from 100% vanilla all the way to so moded that it's barely DayZ anymore with everything in-between. 

In this way, however, you risk colliding with incorrect administrators who favor them and their friends ... I have met many of them, unfortunately ... and not only in DayZ. This too, as with cheats, is a very common problem in video games. Public servers, when managed well and without discrimination, are always the best. In DayZ there is the "peculiarity" of the mod's, which is not very frequent among videogames, which in this specific game, changes a lot and "fixes" many flaws. This is the real benefit of private servers, nothing else. The rest is just another risk of being hurt.

🙁

Ok,  but what evidence you all have that they were really hackers? Most of the community don't know things like that some materials can be penetrated by bullets etc. In many situations if someone kills you with a single shot, you won't be even able to hear that shot.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

Only ?

Yes pretty much. Before that from 2013 til 2020 or so I would meet like one hacker a year. And they wouldn't even instakill everyone on the server like today, they would do magic tricks. IF they attacked you it was like a bossfight, not an instant death. They used their special powers and you could outplay them, hackers actually enriched the experience most of the time.

Like "Boom Boom" who would point at things or people, say "Boom Boom" and they would explode.

Or this jedi who would pull your weapon out of your hands with her jedi powers, we managed to beat her up though lol!

Or that guy who felled EVERY TREE on the server.

Another guy became out friend, when he had to leave he said goodbye, then flew STRAIGHT INTO THE SUN as fast as a rocket.

Or some other guy who magneted all the loot from the town to me.

Nowadays all you get is an instant death screen in a room with no windows, guaranteed and expected to happen on official servers.

And maybe you hear a few chinese words beforehand if you are lucky.

Edited by Pyongo Bongo

On 8/8/2023 at 8:49 PM, Riddick_2K said:

In this way, however, you risk colliding with incorrect administrators who favor them and their friends ... I have met many of them, unfortunately ... and not only in DayZ. This too, as with cheats, is a very common problem in video games. Public servers, when managed well and without discrimination, are always the best. In DayZ there is the "peculiarity" of the mod's, which is not very frequent among videogames, which in this specific game, changes a lot and "fixes" many flaws. This is the real benefit of private servers, nothing else. The rest is just another risk of being hurt.

🙁

The benefit on no hackers far outstrips the risk of running into admins who will ban over something small or because you raided a base of someone who's cosy with them, yes it might happen but I'd rather risk that than play the mess that the official servers are. 

I have been submitting footage and fighting cheating in dayz for along time they do actually work at removing it from the game its just such a big task... cheats forever evolve and a ton of players cheating like a revolving door is the main issue. Its like complaining about car theft and blaming the police everytime it happens... its not the police fault someone stole your car but there doing there best to stop it.... its a complex issue that no game has ever completely resolved

This game is unplayable, this is so sad 😿😿😿 

I got killed a couple of times in a row on the official DayZ Livonia DE 4295 first person perspective server. You can watch the video below, no windows, doors closed, rain outside, then bam a one shot sniper kill from nowhere. 😿

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/15viw5j/i_need_your_opinion_hacker_or_not_i_have_a_couple/?sort=new

So much time wasted,  BOHEMIA can you do something against hackers? This shouldn't be so hard - some AI algo that looks for abnormalities and triggers a human overwatch?