Kyiara

1.22 Experimental Release

After reading the article, I have question on the clarity of this statement:

“Lastly, we’d like to give you an update on our plans for the rest of the year. We mentioned in our DayZ in 2023 blog post that our intention was to focus more on the infected AI. We also noted that the topic required more investigation. Unfortunately, upon careful evaluation, we discovered that the proposed modifications did not align with our development timeline. As a result, we redirected our attention and resources towards other pivotal undertakings for 1.23 and beyond.”

So, stated more clearly — infected AI changes aren’t happening this fiscal year. But does this also mean devs are scrapping updating infected AI all together or just that it’s an undertaking that’s going to take more time and effort? 

7 minutes ago, WOLVERlNES said:

“Lastly, we’d like to give you an update on our plans for the rest of the year. We mentioned in our DayZ in 2023 blog post that our intention was to focus more on the infected AI. We also noted that the topic required more investigation. Unfortunately, upon careful evaluation, we discovered that the proposed modifications did not align with our development timeline. As a result, we redirected our attention and resources towards other pivotal undertakings for 1.23 and beyond.”

So, stated more clearly — infected AI changes aren’t happening this fiscal year. But does this also mean devs are scrapping updating infected AI all together or just that it’s an undertaking that’s going to take more time and effort? 

Devs realised that they cant just make a new texture and reuse the same code written 10 years ago so they gave up half way through the year

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SleeperZ said:

Devs realised that they cant just make a new texture and reuse the same code written 10 years ago so they gave up half way through the year

Hey man don't spot BI strategy of wasting out of DZ!

I found several servers that are not official on the official server list

14分钟前,赫子叶说:

我在官方服务器列表中发现了几台非官方服务器

cn6689 cn8882

On 7/27/2023 at 4:22 PM, WOLVERlNES said:

Hi, let me check If I can get any update on this and I will edit the answer once I know more (or less) 😁

On 7/31/2023 at 5:29 PM, berry_dispenser said:

When does the update go to PlayStation?

The date was not anounced yet. Playstation does not have Experimental servers so it's getting the update together with other platforms when it goes to Stable servers. You can expect it in few weeks. 

2 hours ago, heziye said:

I found several servers that are not official on the official server list

2 hours ago, heziye said:

cn6689 cn8882

Hi, thanks for reaching out, we are aware of those. The team is looking into it. 👍

• Like 1

This is wrong. AI has to be top priority. It is the feature furthest from being on par with the rest of the game, combined with the melee system. No clear words on whether it is completely scrapped or "only" postponed as pointed out by @WOLVERlNES.

And to top it off, this patch will make dealing with this barebones feature of the game, WAY more tedious. Please rethink the decision making here once more.

Edited by 0.64 Freerider
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

This is wrong. AI has to be top priority. It is the feature furthest from being on par with the rest of the game, combined with the melee system. No clear words on whether it is completely scrapped or "only" postponed as pointed out by @WOLVERlNES.

And to top it off, this patch will make dealing with this barebones feature of the game, WAY more tedious. Please rethink the decision making here once more.

what do you expect from lazy people? there are players that creates mods for pc that are way better than dayz updates

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/5/2023 at 2:50 PM, Salvatore Spampinato said:

what do you expect from lazy people? there are players that creates mods for pc that are way better than dayz updates

Honestly, it's really sad to read this. Especially when it's all because of the time it's taking. I don't know if you've ever worked in a gaming company or as a developer, but I want you to know that the team absolutely loves the game and they're putting in a ton of hard work.

Yes, it's great that the game supports mods and the community is doing amazing work! But do you know what's also cool? We actually have a couple of modders on our team, with Sumrak being the most well-known. But making mods is quite different from creating the actual game. 

Oh, and by the way, we're still on the lookout for new team members. If you've got the skills for any of the roles we're hiring for, we'd be really thrilled to have you join us! And I genuinely mean that from the bottom of my heart.

On 8/4/2023 at 5:36 PM, 0.64 Freerider said:

I asked the team If they could provide some answers related to this during the stream tomorrow🖖

edit: Currently no info on this. It is just an issue of development timeframe and allocating of resources. We will probably investigate whether it'd be viable option around the start of the the coming year.

• Like 3

Hey everybody,

I'm not sure this is the right place to wright this at, anyway:

Do U plan to implement "recipes", ever? U know, there's a lot of different consumables in DAYZ, but none of them are combinable.

It would be HUGE if I can put fat/meat, water, veggetable, mushrooms and make goulash that would have medium to very high feeding score based on ingredients added. Or berries/fruit with water and make tea with minor healing properties. It would be just awesome! I've got 5K+ hours ingame and this is what I really miss since my 1st hundred.

I would also enable filling containers from cans (2cans of soda per 1bottle/canteen, 2food cans per 1cooking pot, etc...)

Thanx for consideration...have a nice day all 🙂

Michal

• Like 1

Before updating and bring new stuff to the game, put the hard effort in AntiHack System and make easy to report possible hackers, then u can add your hats and mask that makes no sense in this game.

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2023 at 9:31 AM, mexnomercy said:

Hey everybody,

I'm not sure this is the right place to wright this at, anyway:

Do U plan to implement "recipes", ever? U know, there's a lot of different consumables in DAYZ, but none of them are combinable.

It would be HUGE if I can put fat/meat, water, veggetable, mushrooms and make goulash that would have medium to very high feeding score based on ingredients added. Or berries/fruit with water and make tea with minor healing properties. It would be just awesome! I've got 5K+ hours ingame and this is what I really miss since my 1st hundred.

I would also enable filling containers from cans (2cans of soda per 1bottle/canteen, 2food cans per 1cooking pot, etc...)

Thanx for consideration...have a nice day all 🙂

Michal

Hey, thank you, there are no such plans now that I know of, but we will add it to the community suggestion list.

20 hours ago, clickptg said:

Before updating and bring new stuff to the game, put the hard effort in AntiHack System and make easy to report possible hackers, then u can add your hats and mask that makes no sense in this game.

Hi there! We're exploring potential improvements, though we don't have specific details to share at the moment. Our devs work in separate teams, and I want to assure you that adding "hats and masks" doesn't take away from other important tasks.

21 minutes ago, Kyiara said:

Hey, thank you, there are no such plans now that I know of, but we will add it to the community suggestion list.

Hi there! We're exploring potential improvements, though we don't have specific details to share at the moment. Our devs work in separate teams, and I want to assure you that adding "hats and masks" doesn't take away from other important tasks.

me and legit players who loves dayz will be happy with that news. you know what i mean when i said "hats and masks" but if dont, i will explain to you. its more important fix the bigger problems than add new stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kyiara said:

Our devs work in separate teams, and I want to assure you that adding "hats and masks" doesn't take away from other important tasks.

BTW, about masks and hats: the developers made several colors for the plate vest, pouches for it and holsters, but why not add the same colors for the sheath?
I don't think it's really a very difficult task that requires several years of work and it could be included in the current experimental branch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, clickptg said:

me and legit players who loves dayz will be happy with that news. you know what i mean when i said "hats and masks" but if dont, i will explain to you. its more important fix the bigger problems than add new stuff.

As I mentioned earlier, our devs work in different teams. It's important to note that not everyone can focus on addressing 'bigger problems' simultaneously, as tasks are often specialized. Those 'hats and masks' you mentioned? They're often the result of someone having a bit of spare time in between tasks. 😉  The best would be If you could see how it works for yourself, so If you are interested 🙂 

2 hours ago, Infernales said:

BTW, about masks and hats: the developers made several colors for the plate vest, pouches for it and holsters, but why not add the same colors for the sheath?
I don't think it's really a very difficult task that requires several years of work and it could be included in the current experimental branch.

The answer above is kind of related to this.🙂

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Kyiara said:

As I mentioned earlier, our devs work in different teams. It's important to note that not everyone can focus on addressing 'bigger problems' simultaneously, as tasks are often specialized. Those 'hats and masks' you mentioned? They're often the result of someone having a bit of spare time in between tasks. 😉  The best would be If you could see how it works for yourself, so If you are interested 🙂 

The answer above is kind of related to this.🙂

Hello, good daytime and answer please on the simple question:

Can devs put "raw textures" for future modding?

I mean raw texture for TTsKO and other camo patterns (that will allow to users or mods retexture base assets to keep 'em in one colour same as adapt current items for generating better sets. For example if we had the Woodland USMC camo pattern from the game we could adapt Plate Carriers (same as attachments fo it) to set em to the single color set like vest + backpack '+ pants + jacket it could sound nicely. Or the same for TTsKO Jacket + Pants + Backpack (it's out of color with the Jacket and Pants).

I think that might give modders some abilities to make game better. I think GitHub could be a nice repo for such textures just a simple Images without overcovered assets like dark places, assests that means only raw 2000x2000px camo pattern texture.

Heh if there were same stuff for Arma 3 then I gues I'd tried to move some camos to the DayZ SA 😄

That might be nice, funny looking and mostly important is helpful.

Thanks and with my regards to you and developers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TartaRIN 85 said:

1. When does crossplatform appear, xbox vs pc? 2. add drones and the ability to upgrade them.

Say the same for Ikarus truck and Mauser C96 (aka Red 9), also for M240, PKM and many others firearms, vehicles and items that was before 0.69 and have none except "broken" models in 1.22

I guess answer for you would be: never and forget.

Edited by Sid Debian
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, TartaRIN 85 said:

1. When does crossplatform appear, xbox vs pc? 2. add drones and the ability to upgrade them.

I suggest you to search for mod in Steam Workshop. Who knows maybe it's existing in someway. Don't hurry up. Maybe someday or never who heck knows...

Привет. Расскажите, пожалуйста об обновлении 1.22 на ПК, будет ли оно в этом году или в следующем, и если можно примерное количество? Я хотел бы сохранить сервер вовремя. Заранее спасибо за ответ.

41 minutes ago, Ira M said:

Привет. Расскажите, пожалуйста об обновлении 1.22 на ПК, будет ли оно в этом году или в следующем, и если можно примерное количество? Я хотел бы сохранить сервер вовремя. Заранее спасибо за ответ.

По полкам:

1. Обновление уже на стадии открытого Бета тестирования. Тебе надо установить DayZ Experimental, серверной части в открытом виде пока нет (дескать тест).

2. Примерный срок ожидания около 1.5 месяцев до релиза (это не точно, может завтра, может через месяц или через 2, если выявят адовые косяки, с которыми игра станет полным г).

3. Сохранить сервер не представляет проблемы - сохрани серверные файлы и папку миссии из mpmissions, (но зачем сохранять сервер, если у тебя не будет файлов клиента, для подключения к серверу?)

3.1 Настойчиво советую переименовать свою миссию, чтобы обновление не затёрло твои настройки и затем ты сам произвел(а) обновление настроек миссии. Пример как сделал я: переименовал dayzOffline.chernarusplus в myServer.chernarusplus, в своём server.cfg указываешь имя миссии "myServer.chernarusplus". Как только выходит обновление, я вручную запускаю скрипт обновления сервера, получаю изменения и с помощью WinMerge сверяю изменения между моими и обновлёнными файлами миссии. (Типа новые типы, события и тд.), применяю изменения и вот пожалуйста, всё работает и я не теряю особые тонкости своей миссии.

4. Примерное количество чего, люлей или джунглей? (Если не ясен вопрос, сформулируй его точнее, как ты это сам и сделал, по поводу ожидаемого количества обновлений на этот год - ответ очевиден и равен: неизвестно сколько.).

Надеюсь, смог ответить на твои вопросы, хотя бы чуть-чуть.

7 hours ago, Ira M said:

Не количество, а время)

В среднем тестовый период длится около месяца, если меньше - получается плохое обновление.

Посмотри на дату публикации 1ого чейджлога и на текущую дату, на момент врени по часовой зоне Москвы, с момента первого чейнджлога для 1.22 прошел почти месяц (ещё 4 дня осталось, тк уже 21.08.23), значит если не будет выявлено крупных косяков, в следующем месяце мы получим стабильный релиз + кучку стабильных баг фиксов.

Но я бы надеялся на конец месяца, чтобы 85% ошибок выявили и закрыли.

К сожалению, DayZ - огромный проект и  торопиться нельзя (не сломав игры). Разработчики как-то раз на такое натолкнулись и исправили (механика и десинхрон всех автомобилей), что ездить было крайне не удобно, теперь порядком лучше стало.

В любом случае - проверяй каждый день секцию Stable Updates, вдруг сегодня или завтра будет релиз обновления.

Edited by Sid Debian
Spelling
  • Thanks 1