Sign in to follow this  
PandaChef-536b69f80a49ce49

Looking for server which cuts out running sim element

Hey,

I used to play this game alot back in 2014/2015. Have recently been watching some videos of Dayz and would like to try it out again. Issue is I don't have as much time as before. Dayz has always been a big walking simulator with a lot of time wasted just literally pressing down the run key. I don't have time to do that anymore and was wondering whether there are any servers out there which cut that out? I.e add in easy access vehicles?

I have tried some servers where you can choose where to spawn. That prevents some of the early travelling but not the wider problem. Trader mods also provide vehicles but they are very expensive to buy. Anyone have any suggestions?

You've only got to move to get loot. Choose a server with high loot and you won't have to move as much.

There are plenty of servers that even start you with a full loadout, including food and water, so you won't have to move at all for an hour or two.

Unfortunately even vehicles require pressing a button to move.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lemmac said:

You've only got to move to get loot. Choose a server with high loot and you won't have to move as much.

There are plenty of servers that even start you with a full loadout, including food and water, so you won't have to move at all for an hour or two.

Unfortunately even vehicles require pressing a button to move.

Thank you for the most useless and unhelpful response.

I am aware you have to move, my issue is I don't have 2 hours free just to spending hitting the running key to get from one area of the map to the other. But thanks for being such a helpful loser

• Sad 1

Oh

14 minutes ago, PandaChef-536b69f80a49ce49 said:

I am aware you have to move, my issue is I don't have 2 hours free just to spending hitting the running key to get from one area of the map to the other. But thanks for being such a helpful loser

Basically, you resort to name calling.  This is such a lazy tactic.  Maybe there's something to that.  Maybe you should find a different game.  A game that requires no effort might be the game for you.  Is your next post going to ask which game is best for lazy people?

Maybe you should do your own legwork.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

Oh

Basically, you resort to name calling.  This is such a lazy tactic.  Maybe there's something to that.  Maybe you should find a different game.  A game that requires no effort might be the game for you.  Is your next post going to ask which game is best for lazy people?

Maybe you should do your own legwork.

if you have nothing helpful to post then why post?

The part of the community, such as people like you who are so condescending towards other people,  is very tiring.  I have simply asked for a server which has easy access vehicles.

If you think that is lazy then good for you, I couldn't care less. I don't have that much time and the game is modded, not sure what the problem is.

2 hours ago, PandaChef-536b69f80a49ce49 said:

why do you want to travel from one area of the map to another when you can just stay in the first area on a high loot server and have everything?

Edited by lemmac

5 hours ago, lemmac said:

why do you want to travel from one area of the map to another when you can just stay in the first area on a high loot server and have everything?

Because one of the best parts about this game is the world and the different sites?

Set up a local server dude... install the admin tools... choose a map and play God. You can fly all around above, below and through the map but if driving is your wont then just spawn a vehicle in at your cursor, click a button to repair and refuel and off you go.

It's how i got over my fear of bears 😉

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lemmac said:

Set up a local server dude... install the admin tools... choose a map and play God. You can fly all around above, below and through the map but if driving is your wont then just spawn a vehicle in at your cursor, click a button to repair and refuel and off you go.

It's how i got over my fear of bears 😉

What is wrong with you?

• Sad 1

What's wrong with me? I'm not the one who wants to play the game without playing the game.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 2/19/2023 at 9:59 AM, PandaChef-536b69f80a49ce49 said:

if you have nothing helpful to post then why post?

You asked for suggestions in your first post.   I suggested you do the work yourself.  This is obviously the most important part of DayZ, choosing the right server.   I'm guessing you wrote the above nonsense because it would require you to put forth effort.

You join the forums yesterday, complain about the community, complain about the 'walking simulator', demand that we find a server for you, and whine about people being condescending  ... in a condescending manner.   

Hilarious OP.  would read again!!!

just install offline mode.

teleport to any location at the press of a button.