Launchit00

Re-introduce the ability for bears and wolves to hit players in cars

Is there anyway to put back the ability for bears and wolves to hit players in cars which was removed in 1.9. Removing this has ruined the PVE gameplay perspective, now player stays in car, runs over creature, continue backwards and forwards until bear is dead, get out, skin it, rinse and repeat with zero risk. As a server owner I would like the option to remove the turn off or turn on damage via XML like I do with stamina and vehicle damage. I understand this may not be popular with PVP servers, but equally there are a large portion of PVE servers as well as PVP. As a solution give server owners the option of turning in car player hit damage on and off, problem solved.

Edited by Launchit00
Content

what about changing bear spawns only to areas that would more likely kill you if you tried driving in them?

Vehicles taking damage seems like the only authentic solution here.  A vehicle should protect you from a bear until it is ruined.

What about taking out a horde of infected with a makarov, single loading, and standing safely on top of a hesco barrier?  What about that gross abuse?    (have them drop grenades)

• Beans 1

13 hours ago, Parazight said:

Vehicles taking damage seems like the only authentic solution here.  A vehicle should protect you from a bear until it is ruined.

What about taking out a horde of infected with a makarov, single loading, and standing safely on top of a hesco barrier?  What about that gross abuse?    (have them drop grenades)

And it should not protect you from neither animals nor zombies if it has no damn doors or windows! The PvZMod does this brilliantly, running zombies over will ruin the radiator, and zombies can gang up on a vehicle and smash it - and its occupants - to pieces.

Guys what I'm asking is should it not be up to the person who owns the server to decide if damage is taken, players can decide if they want to play there or not 

15 hours ago, lemmac said:

what about changing bear spawns only to areas that would more likely kill you if you tried driving in them?