Mr9099

Very controversial post

So today, i was watching a video of the following game below ill post two screenshots,

s.t.a.l.k.e.r. call of pripyat : the Czech Republic and Germany on October 2, 2009,  then February 5 (2010) ( USA ) with AU on February 23
(AU) 

Dayz standalone : Start of dev 2012 & out on the 16th December 2013

Im a little confused since I can't find any mods for this given backpack  & really would like to find out who owns the intellectual property coz there identical to each other
So did they rip it from Dayz & put it in stalker or the other way round? 
oRaQ8dv.pngPT91iDO.png

What’s the controversial part?

Without a closer look, we can't say that either of the games copied one another but what's for sure is that the backpack exists IRL. Both dev teams probably based it on the same backpack IRL.

Search up: "osprey talon 22 color blue", you should be able to find one that matches them.

It's a popular back pack.

I've seen the AKM is many games too.

On 9/6/2022 at 11:50 AM, DefectiveWater said:

Without a closer look, we can't say that either of the games copied one another but what's for sure is that the backpack exists IRL. Both dev teams probably based it on the same backpack IRL.

Search up: "osprey talon 22 color blue", you should be able to find one that matches them.

Dont really need a closer shot tbf , the backpack textures are the same the models are similar in design , 

On 9/7/2022 at 9:50 AM, RZ0R said:

It's a popular back pack.

I've seen the AKM is many games too.

a AK is a weapon in many games yes , but that backpack is only in 2 games as i know
the point you've made hasn't added or brought a vailed point to the table in any shape or form 

On 9/6/2022 at 9:48 AM, Parazight said:

What’s the controversial part?

controversial part? 
maybe a infringement on another game 
stealing assets or ideas for designs in another game isn't ok  , but like I said in the above comment I'm not sure if its dayz that stole the design or if its stalker did... 
Just bare in mind the dates the two games were made & when they both came out , 

as this model is also not in the dayz mod or arma games before dayz came out this bring a whole new situation on BI side that could be brought to light & might need bringing to light 

Edited by Mr9099

14 minutes ago, Mr9099 said:

the backpack textures are the same the models are similar in design

Can you show some evidence that "textures are the same"? All I can see is that texture is similar, which is fine.

It's a backpack that exists IRL. Obviously they will look very similar if they are based on the same thing.

14 minutes ago, Mr9099 said:

stealing ideas for designs in another game isn't ok

Since when? From what I know it's a very common occurence in the gaming industry.

Battleroyale genre is your prime example of it. You really think all of those BR games were made because all the devs had a crazy unique idea (that they totally didn't hear about before) to make a BR game?

Obviously not, they all copied off of one another.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

holy shit someone is desperately looking for drama lol

starting a new youtube channel or what?

do you have any actual evidence to support your hypothesis? file hashes? color profile analysis? you know that digital forensics is an actual profession?

5 hours ago, Mr9099 said:

controversial part? 
stealing assets or ideas for designs in another game isn't ok  , but like I said in the above comment I'm not sure if its dayz that stole the design or if its stalker did... 
Just bare in mind the dates the two games were made & when they both came out , 

as this model is also not in the dayz mod or arma games before dayz came out this bring a whole new situation on BI side that could be brought to light & might need bringing to light 

Bear in mind that it would be hilarious if any game company took legal action over the 'design'.    As mentioned, the design was made solely by Osprey, a manufacturer of backpacks.   It doesn't appear to be an issue with them.  

On 9/14/2022 at 1:49 PM, Parazight said:

Bear in mind that it would be hilarious if any game company took legal action over the 'design'.    As mentioned, the design was made solely by Osprey, a manufacturer of backpacks.   It doesn't appear to be an issue with them.  

The designs are similar yes but are there fins filled in no there not , but you say 
" would be hilarious if any game company took legal action over the 'design'" you do understand its a normal thing & you must not understand were the legal point of intellectual property comesin  witch i assume you don't since anything that is made is the intellectual property of the creator since the design is the same in both games it can in fact be taken under a lawsuit & the same goes for the creator of the backpack....

but that's bound my point my point is who made it first dayz or stalker , not the irl backpack.....

On 9/14/2022 at 10:14 AM, Element47 said:

holy shit someone is desperately looking for drama lol

starting a new youtube channel or what?

do you have any actual evidence to support your hypothesis? file hashes? color profile analysis? you know that digital forensics is an actual profession?

Nah im just wanting to know who made it first no drama starting here lad lol 

also dayz doesn't hash files they encrypt since the file names stay in text format & are not turned in to numbers & letter i also assume you have no understand of the term you're currently trying to use but again not trying to start any drama trying to working something out simple as that

Edited by Mr9099

4 hours ago, Mr9099 said:

anything that is made is the intellectual property of the creator

haha.  This is a great thread.  100% would read again.

• Haha 1

funny OP did not mention how the pants in that video screenie look like the jogging pants from dayz also. hmmm....the "men's suit jacket" and the "PU scope" look the same as well. that building and tree look very familiar too.

• Haha 2

On 9/14/2022 at 4:29 PM, Mr9099 said:

controversial part? 

😂

Accusation of someone ripping off a design of ripped off design. Excellent.

I'm quite sure Bohemia aren't paying Osprey licence fees for their 'Taloon' design for a start.

On 9/15/2022 at 11:17 PM, Mr9099 said:

Nah im just wanting to know who made it first no drama starting here lad lol 

no drama starting here lad lol <-> Very controversial post

• Like 1

So, if I spend 5 minutes making a dumb YouTube video, and use Led Zeppelin songs in the background, I get to take credit for the songs because I made the video, right?

I suggest the author to pay for a valid Windows license and turn his tongue in his mouth before saying such silly things :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1