Sign in to follow this  
Buakaw

initSpeedMultiplier and damage calculation. Requesting clarification

Having initSpeedMultiplier <1 will result in lower bullet velocity (obviously) and lower base damage, but having a multiplier of above 1 will only increase the bullet speed, the damage cannot be raised above base projectile damage.

This seems to be the case for all 556x45 guns.

However, when you look at for example the Blaze, it has a slightly higher velocity (808) than the base velocity of .308 (770) and still does less damage (142) than the base damage (150).

How is that possible? What is causing this?

(cheeky @-Gews- ping ☺️)

Edited by Buakaw

I was told weapons have an initial muzzle speed value but IDK how that works or how it's set in the configs 😄

Can anyone help me out?

On 7/1/2022 at 10:01 AM, Buakaw said:

However, when you look at for example the Blaze, it has a slightly higher velocity (808) than the base velocity of .308 (770) and still does less damage (142) than the base damage (150).

How is that possible? What is causing this?

(cheeky @-Gews- ping ☺️)

The answer is that the base velocity of 770 will not do the full damage of the .308. The Blaze has 1.05 multiplier so v0=808.5 m/s. The typicalSpeed is 940 so it means the 150 damage (and penetration) occurs at 940 m/s. But the defaultDamageOverride is at 0.9, so the damage dropoff only begins at 0.9 x typicalSpeed = 846 m/s. So you also have the 150 damage at 846 m/s. And 808.5 / 846 x 150 = 143.35. Slightly different from WOBO tool number. I DID NOT test this weapon in game. But that's your answer.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, -Gews- said:

The answer is that the base velocity of 770 will not do the full damage of the .308. The Blaze has 1.05 multiplier so v0=808.5 m/s. The typicalSpeed is 940 so it means the 150 damage (and penetration) occurs at 940 m/s. But the defaultDamageOverride is at 0.9, so the damage dropoff only begins at 0.9 x typicalSpeed = 846 m/s. So you also have the 150 damage at 846 m/s. And 808.5 / 846 x 150 = 143.35. Slightly different from WOBO tool number. I DID NOT test this weapon in game. But that's your answer.

The "defaultDamageOverride" was what's missing from the equation for me. Cheers, much appreciated.

Hope you didn't mind me pinging you, I knew you had the answer. 😁

Edited by Buakaw