brunonogueiraprata

Heli crash or heli trash?

Since 1.16 its impossible to find nvgs at the heli crash also the loot  needs some love

Better guns at all helis  or increase the numbers of nvg in the server its less than 6 per server making it the most rare item for me to find because i dont live inside the game and night time kills the fun most of my friends go offline when night fall's

Being playing dayz for 5 months  2 nvgs only 

• Beans 2

I disagree. Current loot pools make NVGs much more unique, I personally don't like the idea of everyone having them. Head torches and other lamps need their right to exist aswell.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

But 5 nvgs isn't fair Minimum of 10 per server its ok i guess not everyone play this game 24h its hard to find surely a gun should be more harder to find than a nvg 

its all about fun not grinding it suck that i have to play in a community server if i want to find one  nvg i hate that i dont see no helis flying and crashing it would be a lot more fun to see a animation in the skys and it would attract attention for players to come and fight for the helis in my opnion it needs more love i have no luck with  them 

• Beans 1

Perhaps you’re looking in the wrong places for NVGs.  You might have better luck finding them on the corpses of dead players. I would recommend killing people on sight on higher pop servers. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

On 6/1/2022 at 3:53 PM, brunonogueiraprata said:

Since 1.16 its impossible to find nvgs at the heli crash also the loot  needs some love

Better guns at all helis  or increase the numbers of nvg in the server its less than 6 per server making it the most rare item for me to find because i dont live inside the game and night time kills the fun most of my friends go offline when night fall's

Being playing dayz for 5 months  2 nvgs only 

Looks like your gonna have to stop playing like a bitch and logging off at night. 

• Sad 1

havent played vanilla in ages, but last I remember heli loots were irredeemably bad. like, total waste of time bad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My vote is definitely Heli-Trash.

@brunonogueiraprata NVG are definitely more rare than guns IRL. Not sure if you were a bit biased in that statement...

My thoughts on rare items = Rare items should be very rare so that there is a real sense of thrill or accomplishment in finding them. However, they should not be inaccessible through the use of CE “count_in” flags.  In the case of night vision goggles, the Nominal count per server should be 1; I’m willing to concede 2, maybe. They should be available as DE loot (heli), and at toxic zones ( rify+pavlovo) only. This way, there is guaranteed to be one pair on the map at most times, the question will be where to look and how much risk to undertake.

• Confused 1

I don't understand how, even in an empty/very low pop official server, the heli loot can be so bad.

None of the loot is effected by players hoarding any more, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to me why NVGs are still so hard to find, when 5 are allowed to spawn, and there's 2 people online for example.

And it's not just NVG, add LARs, AUG etc to your chances and finding nothing good seems quite unlikely.

Something feels off to me.

• Confused 1

the way the game is balanced right now, you are better off just finding a blaze, tundra and or ak74 and just pvp with that.

the rare items in the heli crash absolutely do not warrant farming them, even if they actually spawned the good stuff, which they dont. basically, just dont bother with helis.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, Buakaw said:

the way the game is balanced right now, you are better off just finding a blaze, tundra and or ak74 and just pvp with that.

the rare items in the heli crash absolutely do not warrant farming them, even if they actually spawned the good stuff, which they dont. basically, just dont bother with helis.

Remember to go into Rify and get an M4 or AKM each time, everytime. Sometimes both in one trip!

Yea, helis are almost pointless.

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

i dont see an issue here. noone should expect easy high tier loots at an helicrashsite. the FAL, VSD or NVG are supposed to be rare. u only get the CHANCE to find sth good there. i see it more as a good spot for PVP as the crashsounds attracts more players nearby.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

helis are hard to come by, the odds of finding one without looking are dramatically low. they still arent exactly hotspots for pvp at all unless maybe they crash near actual hotspots like NWA or tisy.

and the loot they offer is not worth dedicating extra time to searching them whatsoever right now, it seems. adding guns like Aug AX and M4A1 to regular base loot was probably a mistake, it completely devaluated helicrash sites.

also, in the current meta you don't benefit from a slightly better assault rifle whatsoever. the best assault rifles can be found in military bases, but the common AK74 does the job just as well.

• Confused 2

"regular base loot"? the aug ax is heli loot only, the m4a1 is contaminated zone only.

and "dramatically low"? i wonder then how anyone found a crashsite when we had no sound effect for it. i hear them crash quite frequently on chernarus.

if there is no "benefit from a slightly better assault rifle" - why care then? is it all about the NVG then?

8 hours ago, etwas said:

i wonder then how anyone found a crashsite when we had no sound effect for it.

by chance or by actively looking for it? which as we already established isnt really worth it

• Like 1

Because it doesn't depend on how many people are on the server, it is the product of a number of factors: the server configuration files and the fact that the object spawn system is broken like so many other things in DayZ. Have you ever found civilian items in military dormitories? here...
DayZ is a very fun game, and the mods make it very configurable to taste... but it is a poorly written and very poorly managed game... unfortunately.

• Beans 1

while i agree that in general the CLE is terrible configured, i dunno the fuss about the crashsites and why u are confused about my personal opinion on it.

i made some suggestions to the CLE on their feedback tracker, but that was a pointless attempt as it never even got assigned by Geez. i can still quote Sumrak from like a year ago with "we dont have the time and manpower to go over the CLE". which i really dont understand, while they seem to invest a lot of time on other nonsense.

Edited by etwas
  • Sad 1

I don't agree about NVGs (they are rare and I'm fine with that), but in general the gear that spawns in helicopter crash sites should be more varied. Perhaps it would be worth including weapons from the infected zones there. I'm tired of finding AUG and Famas in these places for the hundredth time. Previously, finding a crashed helicopter caused great joy, now - not so much. Some people are already saying not to bother with helicopters, which means something is definitely wrong. 

9 hours ago, etwas said:

"we dont have the time and manpower to go over the CLE"

I cry.

CLE is still popping out the same items in the same location all the time, which is why you often times never find what you are looking for. It's fundamentally broken.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 3:31 AM, etwas said:

while i agree that in general the CLE is terrible configured, i dunno the fuss about the crashsites and why u are confused about my personal opinion on it.

i made some suggestions to the CLE on their feedback tracker, but that was a pointless attempt as it never even got assigned by Geez. i can still quote Sumrak from like a year ago with "we dont have the time and manpower to go over the CLE". which i really dont understand, while they seem to invest a lot of time on other nonsense.

I suppose the issue is, or my issue specifically is, I thought I knew how the loot system worked, and up until recently it seemed to work as predicted and I could find what I wanted quite reliably. 

I've never had a problem with the CLE in any of its incarnations, as I've know what to expect of it.

As it stands now though, in a low population vanilla server, I know could fill a barrel full of M4s by the end of the day, yet I haven't found anything of note at a helicrash for a long time.

That leads me to believe the balance is off.

I actually preferred it when everything was rare because stashes counted towards max counts.

• Like 1

• Sad 1

They game cannot be easy.

So stop bitching around if you cannot find what you want.

This is Dayz. You use what you have and try your best as things progress. 

Heli crash are great. I looted dozens of them in Livonia Official and maybe out of 10 you can find a really top gun in two of them

Also if you have being playing for only five month you need to learn first and have more experience 

• Confused 1