Kyiara

1.18 Experimental Release

57 minutes ago, drstone104 said:

The GL has destroyed what little game balance was there. 

What do you mean? Doesn't it take 12 grenades to destroy a wall now? If anything bases are stronger now.

Bases are not stronger now.  Before, a Raider would have to get close to a fence section to effectively take it down.  Now, they can sit back at up to 75m (I have read that some players are reaching ranges beyond 75m) and rain down death and destruction without ever exposing their location.  Before the addition of the Grenade Launcher, I rarely got raided or more accurately successfully raided.  Now I have been raided so many times that I have given up on base building, can't find nails fast enough.  On two occasions I was in the base when the raid started and unlike past raids, I never got a chance to see the raiders and ended up catching a GL round.  There are more details I could go into, but to keep from writing an essay I will just say this: Grenade Launchers have made their presence well known and not everyone is loving them.  I just hope that DayZ doesn't turn into a game where it's nothing but GL wars.      

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, drstone104 said:

I just hope that DayZ doesn't turn into a game where it's nothing but GL wars

Since the experimental release i have witnessed exactly one grenadelauncher that actually loaded a harmful round. I looted the entirety of NWAF and found only one explosive round. It takes twelve rounds to destroy a single gate. It makes a really loud and distincitve  thump sound each time you shoot. You could always just shoot bases from hundreds of meters away if you wanted. You could even place a bunch of grenades down within one second and shoot them from hundreds of meters away silently to blow open the base.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, drstone104 said:

Bases are not stronger now.  Before, a Raider would have to get close to a fence section to effectively take it down.  Now, they can sit back at up to 75m (I have read that some players are reaching ranges beyond 75m) and rain down death and destruction without ever exposing their location.  Before the addition of the Grenade Launcher, I rarely got raided or more accurately successfully raided.  Now I have been raided so many times that I have given up on base building, can't find nails fast enough.  On two occasions I was in the base when the raid started and unlike past raids, I never got a chance to see the raiders and ended up catching a GL round.  There are more details I could go into, but to keep from writing an essay I will just say this: Grenade Launchers have made their presence well known and not everyone is loving them.  I just hope that DayZ doesn't turn into a game where it's nothing but GL wars.      

I disagree.

The only thing that COULD affect basebuilding in a bad way are the new gas grenades. Gas goes through walls and it's really kinda OP cause of it. I don't like them.
If anything, raiding with grenades is now way harder than it used to be. Grenade launchers aren't silent either so it's not hard to locate the direction of the shooter.

Without a grenade launcher they could have placed all the grenades on your entrance and detonated them instantly by shooting them, much better way to raid than to shoot for a one minute or more with a grenade launcher JUST to take down one wall.

Edited by DefectiveWater

7 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

I disagree.

The only thing that COULD affect basebuilding in a bad way are the new gas grenades. Gas goes through walls and it's really kinda OP cause of it. I don't like them.
If anything, raiding with grenades is now way harder than it used to be. Grenade launchers aren't silent either so it's not hard to locate the direction of the shooter.

Without a grenade launcher they could have placed all the grenades on your entrance and detonated them instantly by shooting them, much better way to raid than to shoot for a one minute or more with a grenade launcher JUST to take down one wall.

I have found that those have attempted to raid my base need to use a lot of gun ammo which is so much easier to find. I'm not even worried about plastic or ieds because detonators are so hard to find. Using guns seems to be more effective then explosives since they didn't change the damage guns do to walls.

• Beans 1

On 7/6/2022 at 12:11 PM, Pyongo Bongo said:

Since the experimental release i have witnessed exactly one grenadelauncher that actually loaded a harmful round.

My base was raided last night. The raiders brought 3 launchers and probably shot somewhere around 40+ explosive rounds from a mountain, hidden in the trees. If I had been in the base, I would have been blown up after the first round or so because of the 12m blast radius. I'd much prefer if they actually had to come closer to destroy my walls 

12 hours ago, Misnomera said:

If I had been in the base, I would have been blown up after the first round or so because of the 12m blast radius.

Walls would save you from the blast from what I know. Explosions don't go through objects.

12 hours ago, Misnomera said:

I'd much prefer if they actually had to come closer to destroy my walls 

They still can and it's faster than shooting with a grenade launcher. Drop down a dozen or two of grenades and detonate one and every grenade will go off immediately.
I still fail to see how grenade launchers make basebuilding worse, it's not a better way to raid than if they raided with guns or grenades or plastic explosives.

The only issue I have with them is the blast radius and the gas grenades.
But, I still hope that they do update basebuilding quite a bit. It's about time they do.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, i kill people said:

40+ plus he rounds totally normal amount, anyone for some duping?

I actually probably have saved about that much, but I definitely think this group in particular dupes because they were willing to waste that amount on one raid just to grief my base walls, which were nearly all gated metal. A buddy of mine based in a different town said he killed someone with a bag completely full of them. It was either that group again, or a server hopper bringing them for a raid. Basically the toxic duper clans have become more toxic with their new AOE toy. The scariest thing about the launcher is you dont have to be good at aiming to use it w/ that 12m kill radius. 

10 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Walls would save you from the blast from what I know. Explosions don't go through objects.

unfortunately, it was on a roof where they arced the bombs on top. Maybe roofs arent as viable as they used to be. 

Drop down a dozen or two of grenades and detonate one and every grenade will go off immediately.

That probably shouldn't even exist in DayZ, or it should be based on probability (maybe a couple go off in a pile and the rest become a dangerous pile of damaged uxo. From what I've read, it's unlikely for fragmentation explosives to go off like a daisy chain due to their shape and structure. On top of that, it renders the IEDs somewhat pointless because finding grenades is still extremely easy. 

The only issue I have with them is the blast radius and the gas grenades.

The blast radius is absurd; you don't even need to aim with that thing. 

But, I still hope that they do update basebuilding quite a bit. It's about time they do.

This is what I'm hoping for in future updates. Building is far too limited right now. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Roostercake said:

Base building needs to be completely redone but the devs think its fine

Your source for that claim?

Ummmm hhmmmm let me see the live stream they did a few days ago when they said OUT LOUD they believe base building is fine the way it is and to not expect any new additions.

Stop trying to bicker with me please 

28 minutes ago, Roostercake said:

Stop trying to bicker with me please 

You really aren't capable of discussions as it seems, why do you always have the need to feel attacked?

8 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

You really aren't capable of discussions as it seems, why do you always have the need to feel attacked?

And you aren't capable of getting the point.

Just stay our of my threads and dont reply to me. Just let it go and move on. Keep your toxic attitude to yourself. 

• Haha 1