lynn.zaw

Experimental Update 1.18 (Change Log)

A couple of bugs on latest experimental Livonia. First is the Gliniska airfield gas zone is missing the medical tents, the hangar is empty. The second is when I hold a magazine and empty it the ammo disappears, the bullets aren't on the ground or in my inventory. Tested with the Kolt .45 7rd magazines.

Edited by AndroidValhalla

2 hours ago, AndroidValhalla said:

A couple of bugs on latest experimental Livonia. First is the Gliniska airfield gas zone is missing the medical tents, the hangar is empty. The second is when I hold a magazine and empty it the ammo disappears, the bullets aren't on the ground or in my inventory. Tested with the Kolt .45 7rd magazines.

Missing tents? 

There was no mention of map changes in the notes..

I have noticed at least 1 unmentioned UI change.

Hello gentlemen of Bohemia....IMPORTANT: The "barbed wires" placed on the lower part of the wall are easily destroyed with a large hammer in a few seconds...without hitting or damaging the lower wall....just aiming at the barbed wire, without hitting the wall...leaving this important element of extra protection for the base practically obsolete....in this case any player with a small ax and some whetstones can destroy any base... .since the whetstones give you the possibility that you no longer have to carry more tools to carry out the assault...leaving the base system practically obsolete 😞 .

From what I understand, from version 1.16 you can only remove the barbed wire from the inside and they were only destroyed when the lower wall was destroyed...if so, in the situation that is now "no" it is complying correctly with his mission.

Edited by ferchav

PC Experimental 1.18 Update 4 - Version 1.18.154955 (Released on 07.06.2022)
GAME
FIXED

• A weapon attached to the pistol holster within vest pouches dropped on the ground upon reconnecting
  • Picking up folded base-building kits could result in desynchronization of the hand slot (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T165508)
  • Farming peppers and potatoes would display the wrong item name
  • The spawn position of the dynamic train event was not truly random
  • Loot of dynamic train event would double on server restart (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T165443)
  • Attachments of some rifles could not be accessed when the rifles were held in hands
  • The improvised explosive was incorrectly rotated after placement
  • The improvised explosive was held badly
  • It was possible to move the armed improvised explosive into the inventory
  • Screen-shake effect was not present when prone in 3rd person
  • Gas canisters did not explode when attached to the portable gas stove
  • Empty gas canisters could still explode
  • It was possible to arm the plastic explosive with a timer
  • It was possible to arm the plastic explosive multiple times
  • 40mm PO-X grenades would disappear at over 6 seconds flight time
  • 40mm smoke grenades would start smoking when badly damaged
  • Derringer, M79 and Revolver were missing sounds
  • It was not possible to interact with the car tent
  • The hologram of placement items did not move properly in tents
  • Unloaded ammunition from firearms would disappear (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T165557)

CHANGED

• Added shock damage to the explosions of gas canisters
  • Plastic explosives now offer advanced placement
  • Balanced health of fence parts and armor, also depending on materials (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T157778 - private)
  • Decreased 360° blast zone of the Claymore

SERVER

• Beans 1

"Gas canisters did not explode when attached to the portable gas stove"

I can't wait to find someone on Namalsk cooking
😆

Balanced health of fence parts and armor, also depending on materials (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T157778 - private)

From what it looks like, this is a horrendous balance change the way it is. I will accept the base builders crying, vocally, and that pushing a change. But twelve grenades for a single wall is beyond stupid. The "balance" really feels like it only takes into account people that put a single wall in a shed and call it a day, this would be fine. However, when you come across a base that fills an entire appartment block, even with 5 grenades to destroy, it would require tens of grenades, a figure probally around 50-60. Your changes does not account scaling, at all. If you have to say I need 40 grenades+plastic to get into a base, thats over the top.

6-7 grenades would seem fine and keep them happy, but the plastic needs to break wood, when the CLE kicks in it will be rare enough.

• Beans 1

Can we give this a little more attention? Default controller button mapping cannot be removed anymore (on PC). Even worse, if you do reassign and hit "Apply", you will now have both existing and new controller button mapped to the same function. Still broken in latest Experimental from half a day ago. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T165528

Well after checking Wobo's video I gotta say it's a step in a right direction but maybe it was a bit overdone? Maybe this is just a temporary measure?

I understand metal sheets making wall more durable, but 12 grenades to access a wooden wall? That's a bit much...
I still don't get why you guys don't make grenades more rare instead of making them essentially useless for raiding, but then again maybe it's a temporary measure as I said.

I assume melee weapon raiding is now even a bigger waste of time? Apparently not, apparently this is only for explosives.
And hopefully you guys expand the basebuilding variety (doors, windows...) and limit fences from being built in small buildings.

But whatever, I don't build bases or raid bases so this doesn't affect me.

Edit: after  thinking it through, i think this is fine durability wise.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

I love how after the first experimental patch 1.18 people said that it was pointless to build bases now, because there were so many ways to destroy them, and very quickly. Now people are unhappy that it takes a long time to blow up the base. I find it funny. I think that we need to find some intermediate solution between "12 grenades" and "1 plastic explosive and we're inside."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Likvid-cb38db5edb1efdb0 said:

I love how after the first experimental patch 1.18 people said that it was pointless to build bases now, because there were so many ways to destroy them, and very quickly. Now people are unhappy that it takes a long time to blow up the base. I find it funny. I think that we need to find some intermediate solution between "12 grenades" and "1 plastic explosive and we're inside."

Inside the FIRST wall..
Gonna need a car full of nades to make a dent. 

Grenades are meant to be thrown at each others head and not as a explosive to destroy walls. There weren't any proper explosives before and the grenades were the placeholders, I just assume that. I myself raided most bases with sledgehammer&co and that didn't change. The main change of this is the low effort raiding. If a group of three geared players are roaming around and they came across a base randomly they could just open it up right away quickly cause they carrying the raiding material on their vest all the time, without wasting any inventory slots.

On 6/8/2022 at 1:40 PM, Likvid-cb38db5edb1efdb0 said:

I think that we need to find some intermediate solution between "12 grenades" and "1 plastic explosive and we're inside."

^ this. Like small dynamite bars and time string (igniter cord) attached detonator

Edited by Officer Failure
spelling error

Grenades have just the small right quantity of explosive to throw all the shrapnel at full velocity in all directions (don't need to explain why). Plastic explosive is the one meant to blow up, in this case, walls. Now that this is the "explosive update" it makes sense to put things in the way they make more sense. Melee or bullet damage against walls hasn't changed. I think all this is in a right state.

Note that I don't like bases, I have never built one and raided only a few. Still understand that there are people that like to have their base.

• Like 1

I am very excited about these changes. I think, and I'm just guessing here, that it'll create a new META for DayZ. I can see most bases being created in towns and players needing to finally use the wild for means of survival, like more fishing and hunting and horticulture. I am also excited about the prospect of using more creative ways to raid bases. Plus it'll create a new possibility of city states within the maps. Then of course you'll have people more focused on nomadic and raiding lifestyles... Then with longer prolonged player lives less people on the shores and the potential for more shore loot while teams are holed up in the N/W.  I think this creates a very interesting dynamic and an evolved play style to DayZ.

On 6/8/2022 at 7:40 AM, Likvid-cb38db5edb1efdb0 said:

Alternatives being a Watchtower kit??? Or boosting using a vehicle? I think this argument is based on fear but they've added new explosives and even plastic you can now find at construction sites... a HUGE boost to even wanting to go to those locations now. Before, very often, I've just avoided going there unless I want planks or some tools and building materials. More people will go to those construction sites and now I'm going to have to worry about players being there.

Edited by discipled
typos

PC Experimental 1.18 Update 5 - Version 1.18.155001 (Released on 23.06.2022)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed a server crash related to vehicles
  • The Derringer was missing a reload sound after only one bullet was shot
  • The Derringer did not display ejected shells
  • The character got stuck in walking speed after dying while in inventory
  • It was possible to arm an empty improvised explosive using an alarm clock or kitchen timer
  • Consuming an item assigned to a quick slot could result in the slot becoming unresponsive
  • Raising hands with an opened map in hands could result in desynchronisation (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T165934)
  • Widgets were still displayed after disabling the HUD via keybinding
  • Plastic explosives were dealing inconsistent damage (this also includes additional damage rebalance to reflect this fix)
  • An improvised explosive with one plastic explosive was doing more damage than one with two explosives attached
  • Disarmed plastic explosives and improvised explosives could not be picked up
  • Timers from the improvised explosive could not be disarmed
  • Ruined landmines and bear traps were still triggered on contact
  • Cargo of vehicles and barrels was not displayed properly (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T165739)

CHANGED

• The M79 Launcher can no longer jam
  • Slightly increased resistance of the base building wooden walls against explosive damage (tied to plastic explosive fix)

SERVER

MODDING

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

1 hour ago, lynn.zaw said:

PC Experimental 1.18 Update 5 - Version 1.18.155001 (Released on 23.06.2022)

FIXED

• Widgets were still displayed after disabling the HUD via keybinding

@Lynn (DayZ) Could you please ask the devs to add the above functionality as another option. I hate playing with the HUD active, but some actions (crafting mostly) do require the widget so at times the functionality now removed would be a very good alternative. So something like this:

1. Everything shown
  2. Hotbar hidden
  3. Hotbar and HUD hidden, but widgets shown
  4. Everything hidden
Pleasyplease?!?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why is this "experimental"? You have zero problems releasing forced updates full of known bugs so why is a later fix for those very same bugs simply not forced through the instant it is made?

Edited by lemmac

1 hour ago, lemmac said:

Why is this "experimental"? You have zero problems releasing forced updates full of known bugs so why is a later fix for those very same bugs simply not forced through the instant it is made?

Because hotfix update can cause a lot of new different bugs, crashes, etc. So this also will take time to release a hotfix for hotfix (in the exp).

It's Bohemia 🙂

1 hour ago, CAESIUM11 said:

It's Bohemia 🙂

Yup 😭

PC Experimental 1.18 Update 6 - Version 1.18.155069 (Released on 21.07.2022)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: An issue where one could see inventories of players that broke from restrains / woke up from unconscious
  • Fixed: Server error message related to the inventory

SERVER

• Like 1