Riddick_2K

I am looking for a PVE server managed in a "civil" way

I would like to know if there is a "PVE Only" server where the administrator is NOT an arrogant and conceited teenager who thinks he does who knows what and expect to have the players silent and submissive as subjects... and that when a player has a problem, you seriously help him within the limits of his possibilities and/or competences... and don't give a damn always complaining about work, family and "your problem is stupid and I don't care".
Is there such a server?
And possibly without absurd Mods like mutants or aliens, hordes of skeletons or bears ... just what could happen in a realistic pandemic situation.

😔

DayZ Havoc. It's my server and we are a PVE/RP server and no we arent a holes. I've owned a ton of servers do to official being trash and getting banned for asking a question or watching females get giving gear because they showed their feet. Right now wee are still doing some testing but come check us out 

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, Astalonte said:

Dayz pve must be the most stupid thing ever.

whats the 2nd most stupid thing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@ Roostercake
I'll try to take a look, thanks.

@ Astalonte
But "PvE" is DayZ's "substance"... pandemic survival ... "clashes between humans" are supposed to be only possible secondary events. You should try Battlefield or COD, they are probably more "in tune" with your soul... or even ArmA, if you like very complex FPS... 😉

On 4/25/2022 at 9:49 PM, Riddick_2K said:

@ Roostercake
I'll try to take a look, thanks.

@ Astalonte
But "PvE" is DayZ's "substance"... pandemic survival ... "clashes between humans" are supposed to be only possible secondary events. You should try Battlefield or COD, they are probably more "in tune" with your soul... or even ArmA, if you like very complex FPS... 😉

I've got almost 2k hours in dayz and counting.

The "soul" of this game is the social aspect. the core experience is gone if you dont fear for your life. Getting to a point of knowledge in the game is almost impossible to die from pve.

I respect you like your experience it s just not what this game is about

Check the link in my signature if you want to keep it simple with vanilla - just small changes like base health doubled to make basebuilding more rewarding, and some other colored weapons (camo mosin, green m4..) added to lootpool 🙂

Edited by eZthetic

15 hours ago, Astalonte said:

I've got almost 2k hours in dayz and counting.

The "soul" of this game is the social aspect. the core experience is gone if you dont fear for your life. Getting to a point of knowledge in the game is almost impossible to die from pve.

I respect you like your experience it s just not what this game is about

Your perspective comes from the PvE side of the game being neglected for too long. When 0.63 hit experimental there were barely any survival elements present in the game and zombies were trivial at best. The only threat was other players - and thus people have played the game as a pure shooter since then. I'm with Riddick on this one. The game should be mainly a struggle for survival against the world - with occasional clashes with other equally desperate survivors. I can't find any fun in playing the game only to get some gunz and then look for someone to shoot at until you die, then rince repeat. I'm in it for the slower game, actively looking for trouble goes against that..

Anyway Riddick I do run some PvE servers - but I must admit there's one or two mutants running around. That and about 3 times the vanilla number of zeds. Can't have PvE without some PvE threats - without danger it does get boring.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Derleth said:

Your perspective comes from the PvE side of the game being neglected for too long. When 0.63 hit experimental there were barely any survival elements present in the game and zombies were trivial at best. The only threat was other players - and thus people have played the game as a pure shooter since then. I'm with Riddick on this one. The game should be mainly a struggle for survival against the world - with occasional clashes with other equally desperate survivors. I can't find any fun in playing the game only to get some gunz and then look for someone to shoot at until you die, then rince repeat. I'm in it for the slower game, actively looking for trouble goes against that..

Anyway Riddick I do run some PvE servers - but I must admit there's one or two mutants running around. That and about 3 times the vanilla number of zeds. Can't have PvE without some PvE threats - without danger it does get boring.

There's always been people that played the game as a shooter only. Mostly because they have no idea how to play any other type of game. I've been playing this thing since 2014 and there was always the crowd that were only interested in getting a gun and heading down to Cherno or Electro. On the other hand, my original interest in DayZ was nearly as a single player game. I loved the sandbox apocalypse atmosphere and the survival aspect of it. But over the years that has become less and less because on "normal" DayZ, survival is simple. In fact, it's easier (and much cheaper) than my real life! LOL. Things go so easy in the game that I had to make things artificially harder for myself by not picking up canned food and the like and only living off the land. Even with that, I found that my toons were living quite comfortably within a pretty short time frame and the only thing I had to combat was boredom.

These days the highest pops are in the likes of Esseker, where there's nothing else but PvP, and it's telling that that map has become my most played map over the last year or so. This is mostly because the PvE element of DayZ is pretty much dead and it will probably stay that way.

• Beans 1

I've played a pure PVE server that was pretty hardcore on PS4. No kill zones at all. I was basically the only person in it at the time but it was a real struggle to stay alive until about 2 hrs in when i found my first gun so i could actually get out of town, escape the zombies and hunt a large animal. There was so little loot, especially anything you'd count as a weapon, and maybe one in 10 of the zombies would drop a food item when killed. It was quite intense and would have been nigh on impossible if i was following another player through the same loot route. If that was the case though the thrill of maybe catching up to them, taking them on and nicking their loot would have been missing. A fine balance between PVE and PVP is definitely something the game should be aiming for IMO 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Beans 2