Kyiara

1.17 Experimental Release

Greetings Survivors!

We are happy to announce that the experimental phase of upcoming game update 1.17 has started and is now available on Steam and Xbox. The update is focused on accessibility and crafting themes, though we’ll mostly discuss the improvements made to accessibility in this article, and let you discover the update’s new items and features on your own.

Read the full article here.

PC changelog

Xbox changelog

• Like 2

Noice! Eager to check out… will there be a wipe? I hope not, for our team has spent a month building a fortress!

PMSL at improvised clothes - gotta tear up perfectly good clothes to make em and they offer no insulation, as well as looking stupid... bring back the leather crafting of useful clothes instead for proper wild survival

• Like 2

cooking on a sharpened stick now puts food in your groin instead of over fire lol

1 hour ago, WOLVERlNES said:

Noice! Eager to check out… will there be a wipe? I hope not, for our team has spent a month building a fortress!

Great question.  It’s always asked immediately but never answered on the official forums. We usually have to wait a week and then check social media to get an answer to this question. 

seeing as how they are making map changes again, I’d guess that a wipe will happen, but who knows. 

Edited by Parazight

Hi thanks for all the work put in. The new update looks great and I was so happy to see adjustable sensitivity settings but  I was wondering if you guys could please make an option for linear or exponential sensitivity? I’ve been playing days for years and it’s my go to game but this really could ruin it for me as I really can’t stand  exponential sensitivity and find it impossible to adapt to. I like consistency and exponential just the opposite of that. I would really appreciate if you could please take into consideration the players that don’t like it.  Also noticed that the sensitivity was very slow even when on highest setting. Please in future consider adding over shoulder and ADS adjustable sensitivities. 
thank you. 

Edited by Bernie368
  • Thanks 1

But why do you always have to ruin something with each patch?!?
Why should the pots deteriorate with use?!?

I have my grandmother's pots, which she has been using since before the 2nd WW that still work perfectly... and I still use them sometimes. Why always these unrealistic nonsense?!? You do it on purpose !!!
You have a great game, at hand... you already have considerable difficulties in repairing it (it has been under everyone's eyes for years), but why want to ruin it on purpose? I don't understand... From which "hell of the grotesque" do you get these crazy ideas?!?

😡

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

in general this is a very cool update. love the craftable clothing and the fireplace stand. the new nizhnoye village looks very nice and now worth spawning there. bit disappointed with the (first?) update for livonia. i expected some changes in the south of the map. that castle was added where already is enough action.

sarka might be my new fav car with the engine sound coming from the back. its really quiet now while driving it.

tbf i havent tested this update yet, but "Cookware is slowly getting damaged by being used" doesnt sound right. this "slowly" better means very very slow. i understand that the craftable fireplace is ruined after one or two uses, but a cooking pot? its really tough to damage a cooking pot irl.

"Food can be baked in a cookware even without lard or water" - why was this done? food in a dry cooking pot should burn it.

• Like 1

Some interesting changes, but cooking stuff deteriorating with use is just stupid. I've cooked thousands of meals with some of the things I have, but based on what DayZ developers think a metal fork only lasts 10 meals or something.

It's not realistic. And it's not fun. So why are you doing it?

Some of your team spend far too much time thinking of stupid, unrealistic, unfun stuff to put in the game.

• Like 1

How about improving the bandage situation af being able to combine bandages like all othe medical supplies,as these take up a lot of space in inventory and carrying part bandages they will only have 1 more use is kind of pointless

On 3/24/2022 at 6:18 PM, Riddick_2K said:

But why do you always have to ruin something with each patch?!?
Why should the pots deteriorate with use?!?

I have my grandmother's pots, which she has been using since before the 2nd WW that still work perfectly... and I still use them sometimes. Why always these unrealistic nonsense?!? You do it on purpose !!!
You have a great game, at hand... you already have considerable difficulties in repairing it (it has been under everyone's eyes for years), but why want to ruin it on purpose? I don't understand... From which "hell of the grotesque" do you get these crazy ideas?!?

😡

On 3/25/2022 at 8:32 PM, Photolysis said:

Some interesting changes, but cooking stuff deteriorating with use is just stupid. I've cooked thousands of meals with some of the things I have, but based on what DayZ developers think a metal fork only lasts 10 meals or something.

It's not realistic. And it's not fun. So why are you doing it?

Some of your team spend far too much time thinking of stupid, unrealistic, unfun stuff to put in the game.

How do you guys can't see the pattern over the years? They're doing it on purpose, artificially making the game more tedious and multiplying boring chores only to mask the fact that game is going nowhere. All those "updates" are meaningless, adding almost nothing to the game, in fact backpedalling with deteriorating pots, I mean, it's crazy! For example, where are the bicycles? Motorcycles? Helicopters? Can't be added because engine is fundamentally broken, that's why you're getting useless shit in "updates". I mean, just try to make a fire - you need to cut down trees almost endless to keep the fire going, only to realize your axe is ruined after a few chopped trees (????).

I enjoyed Arma 2 Epoch because it was the perfect balance between chores and enjoying the fruits of your work. I used to sit by the fire with friend, enjoying the sound around us. Dayz Standalone is just tedious chore which never rewards you with relaxation, only working your fingers to the bone.

• Thanks 1

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum but I have played dayZ for about 650+ hours.

I have to say that a world wipe its ok, but the character may remain as it is, no character wipe should exist, people work so hard to survive for this to happen.

• Beans 1