Pipsters

Ban Russian Servers

Given everything that is going on in Ukraine i feel Russian servers need to be removed from Steam?

Edited by Pipsters
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

how does that help anyone in or outside the ukraine?

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Is that going to stop Russian misinformation across social media? Will shutting Russian DayZ servers down force Putin to reinstate and stop censorship of independent news on Russian television?

What logic was used to devise your request?

You just want to put Russian people in time-out so they can think about what their psychotic president—whom they most likely don’t agree with but won’t speak up against out of fear—has done without their own consent? There are people in Moscow that don’t believe there is a war because of the propaganda the state is feeding them!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, etwas said:

By putting pressure on Russia (and russian people) people are hoping that those sanctions (all the companies that left Russia) will force them to stop the aggression against the Ukraine.

That's the point, now will it work? Who knows... Death by a thousand cuts perhaps?
It doesn't directly help Ukraine but it (all the sanctions so far) puts pressure on the Russia.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

Fucking cancel culture! Makes me puke. No actual solution to the problem, let’s just paint over it.

couldn't agree more my friend 🤝🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

By putting pressure on Russia (and russian people) people are hoping that those sanctions (all the companies that left Russia) will force them to stop the aggression against the Ukraine.

That's the point, now will it work? Who knows... Death by a thousand cuts perhaps?
It doesn't directly help Ukraine but it (all the sanctions so far) puts pressure on the Russia.

sanctions never work. history should tell u that.

the ones that suffer from this sanctions most are the people, not the government.

banning mcdo and coca-cola wont start a revolution in russia to kick putin off his throne.

+ its not only the russian people dealing with sabctions. its also "us" who pay for that. just take a look at the gas and diesel prizes right now. everyones payin. putin not so much.

4 hours ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

Fucking cancel culture! Makes me puke. No actual solution to the problem, let’s just paint over it.

sadly, yes.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, etwas said:

They have more time to do something against their shit government instead of playing video games?!
The biggest enemy of a dictatorship is the loss of normality and habit of the oppressed citizens😉

Edited by Jappe Hallunken

2 hours ago, Jappe Hallunken said:

They have more time to do something against their shit government instead of playing video games?!
The biggest enemy of a dictatorship is the loss of normality and habit of the oppressed citizens😉

thats not how it works dude. the russian people will blame the western world for this sanctions and not putin. they still support him and his war, probably even more with more sanctions coming.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, etwas said:

thats not how it works dude. the russian people will blame the western world for this sanctions and not putin. they still support him and his war, probably even more with more sanctions coming.

It depends how manifested the propaganda and the oppression already is.
Sure not everybody realizes what's going on, but especially the younger generation knows more and more about. Resistance is already rising, in every social classes. Many people already leave the country, others ask questions about their sons, of which they don't heard something for a while. Some got messages from their sons from the front. And even the upper class is not amused. And most of them have better access to information and they know what is going on. >Maybe they act out of egoism, but the end justifies the means 😉
And when you watch some meetings from the kremlin you can even see how amazed and surprised even of Putins inner circle are. Sure, a coup or revolt will be difficult, but thought some months ago it would be possible that russia attacks ukraine?

Edited by Jappe Hallunken

On 3/13/2022 at 6:08 AM, DefectiveWater said:

What the OP is suggesting is that we punish the Russian people for being taken over by a violent despotic dictator with an SSR fetish. Putin doesn't give a blue fuck about sanctions; he straight up told our incompetent President that. He kills his own men for fuck's sake; you really think he's "feeling the pressure" because of our almighty paper sanctions from a Commander in Chief whom no world leaders respect or can take seriously anymore? 🤭

PS: DayZ is probably one of the few places Russians might be able to get unfiltered information from the outside world lol. Banning them could actually HURT the Ukrainian people, seeing as Putin has a conscripted military; a lot of his soldiers have no idea why they're fighting, and never signed up to kill innocent civilians, and are SURRENDERING themselves to the Ukrainians. The less Russians are kept in the dark, the higher the chances of Ukraine's success. Putin is going to end up getting taken down by his own people. NOT Banning Russian DayZ servers will merely accelerate that process. 😅

Edited by Ellie Jean

On 3/13/2022 at 8:18 PM, Jappe Hallunken said:

but thought some months ago it would be possible that russia attacks ukraine?

...Who thought some months ago it would be possible that Russia would attack Ukraine? 🤨

...Like...everyone. Literally everybody saw this shit coming lmao. Putin has wanted to take back the Soviet Union for decades. He was literally planning to invade Ukraine just last year, but CHINA asked him very politely to not to, because they were having some fancy shmancy Olympic games which the Chinese "leader" didn't want interrupted or tainted by the faltering steps of World War III. Putin reluctantly agreed to hold off on his killing spree until the Chinese leader deemed it appropriate. That time came a few weeks ago apparently. 🙄

But...yeah...#NOTSurprised; nor should anyone be who has happened to have picked up a World History book in the past 31+ years lol. 🤭

Edited by Ellie Jean

On 3/13/2022 at 2:38 PM, Jappe Hallunken said:

They'd just switch to a different video game lol. 😅

...And you can't really blame an entire People for being under the tyrannical rule of a war criminal; they never asked to be taken over; Putin was not "elected". Russian "elections" are just for SHOW. That's WHY "President" Putin has been the "President" for over 22 years! 🤣

But yeah...don't blame the Russians for not being willing or able to fight back. 👍
It's ignorant victim-blaming on par with blaming a girl for getting raped because she wanted to dress up that night. 🤢

On 3/13/2022 at 5:35 AM, EzyStriderPS4 said:

^^^ F'real real. 

You still have no idea how everything will turn out if you go against my beloved Russia and our people! Then they all crawl to Russia on their knees and cry, let them eat, but that's another story of your mistakes! Go Russia!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, steam-76561198059756755 said:

You still have no idea how everything will turn out if you go against my beloved Russia and our people! Then they all crawl to Russia on their knees and cry, let them eat, but that's another story of your mistakes! Go Russia!

Another victim of soviet propaganda

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ellie Jean said:

What the OP is suggesting is that we punish the Russian people for being taken over by a violent despotic dictator with an SSR fetish. Putin doesn't give a blue fuck about sanctions; he straight up told our incompetent President that. He kills his own men for fuck's sake; you really think he's "feeling the pressure" because of our almighty paper sanctions from a Commander in Chief whom no world leaders respect or can take seriously anymore? 🤭

PS: DayZ is probably one of the few places Russians might be able to get unfiltered information from the outside world lol. Banning them could actually HURT the Ukrainian people, seeing as Putin has a conscripted military; a lot of his soldiers have no idea why they're fighting, and never signed up to kill innocent civilians, and are SURRENDERING themselves to the Ukrainians. The less Russians are kept in the dark, the higher the chances of Ukraine's success. Putin is going to end up getting taken down by his own people. NOT Banning Russian DayZ servers will merely accelerate that process. 😅

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying DayZ should ban Russian players from playing. I was giving explanation to the question of why OP might think it might help.

At the end of the day Russian people did nothing wrong, it's the state's fault for the current situation.
Punishing Russian people isn't the way it should be done, if any sanctions are put up they should affect Russian government primarily.

As you said Putin might not care at all, but it surely won't be easy for him if people down the chain start questioning his decisions. This all might just be wishful thinking, but one can hope.

What does the Russian people have to do with it then? If you speak against government sanctions? But in fact it looks more like Racism against the Russian community! So write that you hate the Russians and that's it, everything is immediately clear and visible! And at the expense of our government, I'm all for it and all the Russian people support it! It's just that you have been brainwashed with US propaganda! You don’t know what you are talking about, I myself was there and saw how our Predecessors of Fascism were humiliated! Look in telegrams! I am a Patriot of Russia and I am proud that I am Russian! No to Fascism and never will!!! And once again you are simply Turning the Russian Community against you! We will find a way out, believe against your sanctions, Time will tell who is right and who is wrong, then write and apologize as you love it!

46 minutes ago, steam-76561198059756755 said:

Racism against the Russian community

and russia is "racist" towards ukraine?

I'm all for it and all the Russian people support it!

So you support the killing in Ukraine for no reason at all? So you support all the Russian lies about "military exercises"? So you support all the "free speech" in Russia that get's you in jail for even having a BLANK white paper during protests?

Even Belarus doesn't want to take part in your made up war, they see through your bs but they still have to act like they are on your side.

You don’t know what you are talking about

Then tell me the truth. What's happening in the Ukraine and why? clearly we have no idea what we are talking about, so educate us.

Edited by DefectiveWater

I think we have to be careful here and understand the following, the russians are people like everyone else in the world and are not to blame.

HOWEVER they are the only people who can put pressure on the situation internally, and while there is nothing fair about it I think we should put pressure on the people of Russia.

If a lil kid in Ukraine cannot sleep or game who is also blameless why should you? (I know none of you are to blame, but lets not kid ourselves , you are more likely to protest if you cannot go to your ordinary life )

2 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

And why are you trying to translate the topic, what kind of habit, I asked you why you treat Russian people like Racists, and you immediately started translating the topic, what a shame ???
Once again I say in Telegram, go to the Russian People and look, and not just what they fill you!

On 3/18/2022 at 1:35 PM, razor6014 said:
On 3/18/2022 at 1:35 PM, razor6014 said:

And why was everyone silent for 7-8 years when Russian people and children were killed? What is genocide? And did not hesitate to shout out slogans and Hitler's swastika??? Remember the Russians have in their blood against Nazism!!! Arranged Nazi parades and bombed monuments to Russian Soldiers???? What were silent brother???