Ellie Jean

Bring Back Suicide-By-Zombie

I'm sure most of us have done it before. You get a bad spawn, and there's nothing nearby to climb that's high enough to kill you. So you throw yourself into a horde of zombies human-sacrifice style. ...At least, that's what we USED to be able to do before they made it so that zombies just...LOSE INTEREST in your body as soon as you get knocked out. Now I just break my legs and swim out into the ocean a little until I pass out and drown to death. Takes about the same amount of time as it did to build up an adequate zombie horde to kill myself nice and quick lol. 

Anyway...it's just plain silly for zombies to lose interest in you when you go unconscious; I liked hearing them swarm, and would imagine them tearing me limb from limb in the final moments of darkness before the red screen of death lol. They should bring back that charming little feature lol. 🤭

If I recall, when a survivor is either unconscious or bound by rope, hand-cuffs etc… and they exit the server; that character is automatically forfeit—and they’ll be a fresh spawn next time they play.

Respawn when uncon, but also don't worry, they do not let you just leave once you wake up. It just takes longer to get killed by them but you will still die. This mechanic can really save you only if someone else takes care of them or you somehow manage to limp away. But that frankly never happened to me, since they do not despawn or go away. They linger nearby and resume chasing you when you start moving. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Respawn when uncon, but also don't worry, they do not let you just leave once you wake up. It just takes longer to get killed by them but you will still die. This mechanic can really save you only if someone else takes care of them or you somehow manage to limp away. But that frankly never happened to me, since they do not despawn or go away. They linger nearby and resume chasing you when you start moving. 

I've had that happen once on a community server but on official, it's like they disappear. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I've had that happen once on a community server but on official, it's like they disappear. 

they wander off quite fast, unless you're stuck in a room with them. i usually come out of this situations. bigger issue is more the blood drain, which i wish was slower, specially with only one or two cuts only. for compensation the unconscious time should be way longer in general.

• Like 2

Must have been older patches then, because my experience was that they stuck close and it was not hard to aggro them again. So I only took naps in between but still suicided by infected no problem 😄 It is true that F11 is still much faster though. 

Edited by William Sternritter
  • Like 1

Btw, you may only get knocked on first round with infected… but they stay agressive and if you fight them again after the second or third bout they’ll kill you proper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/22/2022 at 5:08 PM, WOLVER1NES said:

Btw, you may only get knocked on first round with infected… but they stay agressive and if you fight them again after the second or third bout they’ll kill you proper.

Yes, that was my experience as well.