Sign in to follow this  
THEGordonFreeman

Community Disconnect

So what you have is a disconnect in the community between those like myself that have been following DayZ since the mod, and those that bought in just a couple of years ago, after they cleaned house and stopped talking to the community.  All of these late adopters of the game have NO CLUE of the travesty this title has taken over the years, and more importantly how it was just excreted from it's ONE MONTH Beta time to "GOLD" release.  Game was in Alpha for what 6 years, Beta, one month and BOOM.

Here is a history lesson for those that don't understand why long time fans of this game are pissed.  The whole thread shows a community in disarray, MAINLY because this was a few months after the DEVS went silent.

Played since the mod, don't care anymore. This game is decent at best, and that's all it'll ever be.

• Beans 1

Are there server exploits for finding vehicles, because I swear no matter how well I stash one… another survivor finds it almost immediately.

For instance, we found an M3S — put wheels and battery in her, drove to an extremely remote location that was near no civilization whatsoever, and within a very short amount of time as I was setting up a medium tent in the woods I heard the engine start and it got stolen.

I pulled the battery and my friend logged off with it. We were parked over an hour’s walk away from spawn points in the middle of the woods. How the fuck did someone find the truck and happen to have a truck battery on them!?

On 1/28/2022 at 3:19 PM, THEGordonFreeman said:

So what you have is a disconnect in the community between those like myself that have been following DayZ since the mod, and those that bought in just a couple of years ago, after they cleaned house and stopped talking to the community.  All of these late adopters of the game have NO CLUE of the travesty this title has taken over the years, and more importantly how it was just excreted from it's ONE MONTH Beta time to "GOLD" release.  Game was in Alpha for what 6 years, Beta, one month and BOOM.

Here is a history lesson for those that don't understand why long time fans of this game are pissed.  The whole thread shows a community in disarray, MAINLY because this was a few months after the DEVS went silent.

Enter speculation mode: It is not hard to imagine what went on at the BI office during the fall of 2018 and early 2019. DayZ was pushed to a very premature 1.0 and soon after nearly all known faces from the dev team had quit and jumped ship. Management forced the release, that much is obvious, the actual devs had nothing to say on the matter. Hence the many resignations. No shadow should fall over the the small dev team that have struggled to pick up the pieces after that mess, they have done really well, especially the last couple of years and considering the circumstances. My tinfoil hat says BI management had coldly calculated that the game would quietly die after 1.0 but this is one beaten horse that just refuses to die, so now they're realising they need to nurture it since it keeps making them money.

I have nothing but respect for the dev team, they keep improving on the game despite being under constant pressure from a fan base that lost their patience years ago and a corporate management that have not given them the support they desperately needed. The lack of communication is a strategy, frustrating as it is I doubt it will ever change.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 3

On 2/21/2022 at 12:00 AM, RussianReavers said:

Are there server exploits for finding vehicles, because I swear no matter how well I stash one… another survivor finds it almost immediately.

For instance, we found an M3S — put wheels and battery in her, drove to an extremely remote location that was near no civilization whatsoever, and within a very short amount of time as I was setting up a medium tent in the woods I heard the engine start and it got stolen.

I pulled the battery and my friend logged off with it. We were parked over an hour’s walk away from spawn points in the middle of the woods. How the fuck did someone find the truck and happen to have a truck battery on them!?

It's called ESP, and whilea lot of games suffer from this, it's magnified in a game like DayZ.  it is the worst possible cheat, and it's damn near impossible to detect unless you have an active admin watching suspected cheaters.