Tommygunz89

Seeing through the map when logging in on console

Some call it hard logging others call it X-ray vision I call it BS!!! This is in my opinion the number 1 issue with this game. In  just about EVERY pvp situation I encounter players are exploiting this, in fact there are players that dedicate a whole gun fight to repeatedly logging in and out so they can see you through the map and make call outs to their teammates. It’s gotten to the point where I have to pull up the main menu during gun fights and see who is logging out then logging back in. Totally ruins PVP. I hope there is a way to fix it this year. 😕

• Like 7

It happened to me twice today during PvP.

I just started playing again since 2020 too — I’m done until shit like this is fixed.

Yes, this has been a known issue.  I've suggested to put a 'flashbang' type of effect on the player, blinding them, upon relog.   Maybe if they've logged out within the last (five) minutes, or if necessary, every log in.

• Like 2

On 1/30/2022 at 5:05 PM, Parazight said:

Yes, this has been a known issue.  I've suggested to put a 'flashbang' type of effect on the player, blinding them, upon relog.   Maybe if they've logged out within the last (five) minutes, or if necessary, every log in.

Or maybe even a “waking up” animation similar to when waking up from being knocked out, the screen is all black and you slowly open your eyes or something 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tommygunz89 said:

Or maybe even a “waking up” animation similar to when waking up from being knocked out, the screen is all black and you slowly open your eyes or something 

I think this is a really good solve! It’s like your character is waking up from sleeping.

• Like 1

yea. This is a known and old problem and happens with ps5 even (faster) more often than xbox series s. This is very unfair, some players stay at the airport with this objective and end up succeeding. Another problematic issue is the secondary console accounts. Players have 10 or more secondary accounts and this spoils the game experience

• Confused 1

Not sure if it’s just me, but I only get that the first time logging in after booting up the game. If it isn’t just me then who spends five minutes  restarting their game just to get a couple seconds of x-ray.

I’m running an ooooold Xbox one

6 hours ago, Tristan Cooper said:

Not sure if it’s just me, but I only get that the first time logging in after booting up the game. If it isn’t just me then who spends five minutes  restarting their game just to get a couple seconds of x-ray.

I’m running an ooooold Xbox one

Same here. If I reload the game I maybe get a split second before everything renders in. I can't imagine how that could even be vaguely useful to anyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Same here. If I reload the game I maybe get a split second before everything renders in. I can't imagine how that could even be vaguely useful to anyone. 

Depends on your drive really. Since I've put DayZ on SSD, it no longer occurs or it is so quick that unless you happen to be looking at something you won't use this to any advantage. On an old drive though, this was a proper x-ray vision where I'd have several seconds to look around and see everything. 

I would never use it during gunfight though, to be a sitting duck for 15 seconds and then give the other guy more time to get in position and wait for me while I relog ... I might just as well walk out and stand still. 

Edited by William Sternritter
  • Like 1

Yeah, I doubt anyone actually uses this tactic. Don't know how people can be so sure they are. Sounds like people looking for reasons they were sent back to the beach. 

Everything that can be exploited  will be exploited by not all - but some players.

Arma2Dayzmod had like a five seconds slowly fading in from black screen (you heard sounds earlier) when loading was finished. Increasing the time upon short time relog (as named earlier) is a good idea.

Edited by Officer Failure
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I imagine that the devs haven't had a chance to experience this as they don't work on old Dell computers, running windows 7, using 1T HDDs.  >.>

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Yeah, I doubt anyone actually uses this tactic. Don't know how people can be so sure they are. Sounds like people looking for reasons they were sent back to the beach. 

It’s exploited constantly on console, how do I know? I watch them do it, not hard to see when someone does it. Honestly sounds like this kid wants to downplay this exploit so he can continue to use it 😂

42 minutes ago, Tommygunz89 said:

It’s exploited constantly on console, how do I know? I watch them do it, not hard to see when someone does it. Honestly sounds like this kid wants to downplay this exploit so he can continue to use it 😂

It's absolutely a big problem on the last gen consoles. 

Now granted, those last gen consoles really struggle in some parts of the map, but it can definitely give someone an advantage in the middle of combat. You can see through countless buildings and walls. 

The best solution I can think of is to just black out the screen for a moments until loading in is totally complete, but even that probably isn't fair to the player, because it can take a while for the game to load in every environment, and obviously not everyone abuses this. 

Edited by thepoey

2 hours ago, Tommygunz89 said:

Oh please, don't try and deflect by accusing me of using this 'exploit'. How exactly do you 'see' someone use it? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

This problem becomes apparent when players with garbage hardware log into a larger city.   Player built structures render before the rest of the city, so with the right angle, you can scan the entire city for hidden stashes and bases, making all hiding spots useless.  

I would say that it's not an exploit because it's unavoidable.

• Beans 1