Regiee

Do's and Dont's of D/Cing

If an exploiter gets the jump on me then I will d/c.

I will not give them the satisfaction of my equipment as they don't deserve it!

I logged in all the way in the northeast of Krasnostav, a few hundred meters north of Black Lake on the US79 server. This is NOT inside a building, town, middle of a field, deerstand or airfield...but in a dense and remote forest! Your char enters the world a few seconds before you actually control it (important!). Before I can even center my trackir, some guy opens up on me with an M240 from maybe 25m away... I'm hit, drop to the ground, bleeding and leg broke (luckily the dude couldn't hit a barndoor if he wanted to), and managed to switch the chat channel to direct and shout a few angry words at the guy. A second after I did, the game crashed with the message "Session lost!".

So...I survived without disconnecting, but would people really hold it against me if I disconnected in that situation? These topics are grey areas, not black and white as some people would make it out to be...they rarely are...

I logged in all the way in the northeast of Krasnostav' date=' a few hundred meters north of Black Lake on the US79 server. This is NOT inside a building, town, middle of a field, deerstand or airfield...but in a dense and remote forest! Your char enters the world a few seconds before you actually control it (important!). Before I can even center my trackir, some guy opens up on me with an M240 from maybe 25m away... I'm hit, drop to the ground, bleeding and leg broke (luckily the dude couldn't hit a barndoor if he wanted to), and managed to switch the chat channel to direct and shout a few angry words at the guy. A second after I did, the game crashed with the message "Session lost!".

So...I survived without disconnecting, but would people really hold it against me if I disconnected in that situation? These topics are grey areas, not black and white as some people would make it out to be...they rarely are...

[/quote']

I'd say if you logged into a truly remote area and someone was shooting at you WHEN you logged in, that's either extremely bad luck or some exploit or hacker. I wouldn't really hold it against you if you logged out for that.

The two guys who logged out on me today had absolutely no reason to do so beyond the fact that I was unloading hot lead into their faces.

The guy who jumped out of the uaz and disconnected, I hope you died on the ground there when you logged in. I'm 85% percent certain you were the one who shot my friends, they didn't log out, but as soon as you were in the same situation you did.

What a bitch. I hope you read this!

Also what's your opinion on DCing if a hacker or some exploiter shows up?

because no matter what I am going to GTFO of there if they are cheating.

im going to agree with desertrose, the respawn rate is completely ridiculous. I used to be against d/c for everything but when you clear a wave of zombies and more spawn on top of you, but its just like a hacker but the npc's do it. Its not fair they can just spawn on top of you. Might as well have a dude aimboting because both will get you killed. PvP wise, d/c is a bunch of bullshit,

Im not going to spend all day answering the opposed peoples excerpts, but i will say this...

If youre agro-ing zeds to the point you need to shoot them, you havent got the hang of it yet. Calculative moves, and keeping zeds at a distance means im never seen or heard.

I have no need for towns except for hospitals, which is as easy as running in, grabbing what i need and running out. Losing zeds without firing is easy if you know how. Shooting them from inside a building is just plain stupid, of course they going to keep coming. If you agro them, run em out to any open empty field and then shoot, if you really feel its necessary.

Having to go AFK in combat would be really rare (as in it doesnt happen every single time you play, which is what this list is addressing), and if your battles are lasting between 30 and 60 mins, what the f**k are you doing? Laying prone in a bush and waiting for something? How much ammo are you freaking carrying??? im not buying it.

Thanks to the people who support this thread, and those who dont agree are showing us that youre making poor decisions in game and are most likely D/Cers.

I completely agree there is a need for D/Cing consiquences/punishment, or a timer that locks you out of the option, but at the end of the day, you all have a power switch on your computer, so i lean my vote more towards a punishment option.

D/Cing because of a hacker is not exploiting IMO, as it is beyond your control. Agro-ing zeds IS within your control.

as far as being AFK during combat' date=' isn't that an issue in many games? even SP games have checkpoints and whatnot. you can't expect to be able to leave a game whenever you want and not be penalized

[/quote']

THIS^^^^

If rocket stops Zombies from continuously respawning then I will not D/C to despawn zombies from an area.

It is seriously screwed up when I Clear an area of Zeds only for them to re-spawn not 20 seconds later....

I will NEVER D/C from PvP though.

d/c'ing for zeds, what a joke. easiest fucking thing in the world to deal with. i can run through cherno without firing a single shot and come out without one zombie on me. learn to deal with zeds brah. you're doing it wrong.

i'll dc if i'm losing a firefight and i'll alt+f4 if you get me unconscious. nothing you can do about it until its fixed

i'll dc if i'm losing a firefight and i'll alt+f4 if you get me unconscious. nothing you can do about it until its fixed

Look ^^ Another pussy ass motherf**ker.

We know theres nothing we can do, this thread is about people like you who cant come to grips with dying.

Named and shamed yourself, noob effort, haha

Well on the bright side, any one who kills you is probably alive no longer than 35 minutes total :D

Your issue IS stealth' date=' as you obviously arent applying it correctly, if you managed to aggro a Zed, simple as that :)

forced to shoot one zombie I did not see that I aggro'd.

Forced to shoot? No you just decided to, you couldve out run him using the barn to your advantage, as the zombies walk slower inside. Instead, you told every zombie around, where you were by shooting, then kept telling them by continually shooting. Noob effort.

You clearly still don't understand his point. You cannot seriously imply that it is possible in all situations to avoid zombies. Eventually you are going to aggro something, and usually its in an area where there are a ton of zombies and you will be forced to shoot.

As a test; I sat in the Fire station at the NWAF with my machine gun and tried to kill all the zombies in the vicinity. However, 200 zombie kills later I was still shooting more zombies respawning over and over in an endless cycle.

Yes i am saying it is completely possible to avoid zombies indefinately... you live off the land.

Aquiring items from towns can be done slowly (without crawling everywhere mind you), without so much of an agro, or the fast quick way by running, making a zed train, and using the buildings to your advantage to lose them.

This thread is not about "not agro-ing zombies" its about being a pussy and D/Cing when/if you do.

I dont have one zombie kill on my debug monitor as shooting them just puts a target on you.

You guys that are raging about endless spawing are just plain thick... OF COURSE THEYLL KEEP COMING IF YOU STAY STATIC AND KEEP SHOOTING!

What dont you understand about that?

Had a standoff in NW.

Me and a buddy vs 2 guys. As soon as my friend almost got near one he disconnected, not sure if he knew he was there or what.

But his friend left the server and when he came back I got shot.

~3k blood left and knocked out, I stayed in and woke up ate all my meat and turned around then popped him 3 times. He disconnected right away.

Had a standoff in NW.

Me and a buddy vs 2 guys. As soon as my friend almost got near one he disconnected' date=' not sure if he knew he was there or what.

~3k blood left and knocked out, I stayed in and woke up ate all my meat and turned around then popped him 3 times. He disconnected right away.

[/quote']

Good effort dude, you gotta laugh at them, they're just chicken shits. Its a game ffs

so why is it taboo to d/c if you even think someone is there?

I guess because there is a chance you're about to be in a confrontation. He might pass by, or you might be about to die

I guess because there is a chance you're about to be in a confrontation. He might pass by' date=' or you might be about to die

[/quote']

But isn't that the true about any moment in dayz?

Some guy ambushed me and I unloaded my PDW on him. He disconnected immediately. Because I was in a deer stand' date=' I feared he would server hop and log back in behind me. So I also disconnected. Feeding the problem but what the hell could I do?

[/quote']

When i suspect people dc to ghost to another location to shoot me, i just move to a good ambush position on the place i suspect he/they will spawn in. Then i wait and shoot them if they spawn there.. Has only worked once, but that was priceless.. :D

Had a standoff in NW.

Me and a buddy vs 2 guys. As soon as my friend almost got near one he disconnected' date=' not sure if he knew he was there or what.

[/quote']

Good effort dude, you gotta laugh at them, they're just chicken shits. Its a game ffs

ya its just a game for ffs, so dont get mad at d/c's

If I need to go AFK, I'll prone somewhere, if I need to go AFK for a while, I'll log out, but before I do log out, I kill any zombies/bandits around me.

I've only switched servers twice. Once, because EVERY BUILDING IN EVERY CITY was blocked by wire, and other cause it was dark and it was my first time playing.

THY GODS OF DCING IS THIS OKAY? AM I A BAD KITTY?

DO disconnect if:

- You have to go AFK for more than a couple of minutes

If I have to go AFK and am not ready to quit for the night I find an isolated place in the woods & go prone. There's no "time out" for a pee break during the zombie appocalypse.

ya its just a game for ffs' date=' so dont get mad at d/c's

[/quote']

Yes its a game, but D/Cing to save yourself is an exploit. Get the difference?

DO disconnect if:

- You have to go AFK for more than a couple of minutes

If I have to go AFK and am not ready to quit for the night I find an isolated place in the woods & go prone. There's no "time out" for a pee break during the zombie appocalypse.

Theres nothing wrong with D/Cing to attend to real life IMO, just when you're trying to exploit yourself out of trouble or use it to your advantage. I tried leaving my character once before and came back to him dead, and was in a remote forest up north. Maybe i was getting tracked but i cant leave my lil guy by himself anymore :P

If I am away from my keyboard/screen for anything over 5seconds I d/c. I get a phone call, I d/c. I get a work related email, I d/c. If my dog needs fed, I d/c. Point being real life trumps & I will not leave my character to hang with no control (unless mechanics/ rocket policy say otherwise).

I was in the military tents in Berezino...I got a phone call, I had to leave the game and my house in a kinda hurried manner. So I run out of the tents west looking to d/c in the woods, shooting any zeds that followed me first. As I am running across the helipad there I start coming under fire. I was hit on the 4th or 5th shot from a sniper rifle. I managed to kill the zed chasing me, bandage myself, go prone behind a tree and log off. Is that wrong? Gonna ban me for life because I got urgent phone call while playing and got shot at while trying to d/c in a safe bush line?