Sign in to follow this  
rackinglad27

2022 Road map.... devs?

I'd like to know a more fleshed out road map for 2022 plz devs. come on now the Christmas holidays are over now and most of us are back to work. pull your fingers out and give us more than, "oh we will try work on cars" "oh we will do something with livonia" we've had road maps before and they are a good read for us players, we enjoy them (even if stuff you include in them don't see the light of day) make 2022 better that 2021 guys or I sense you will lose that increase in your player base that you keep banging on about. come on let's get the ball rolling.

If they make 2022 better than 2021 then it's gonna be a fricking great year, just saying. The only negative thing I can think of with last year is the absurd amount of 5.56 rifles added.

Anyway the "roadmap" will likely arrive by the end of the month, and expecting a detailed one will only make you disappointed. While I would also very much like to know more details about what they are working on and planned implementations, it is obvious from the past couple of years that they don't want to give a lot of detail ahead of time. We'll get a general layout of what kind of features and fixes to expect, but little more. It is boring, but considering how previous plans were broken and how that continues to be meme material to this day I can't blame them.

What I'd want:

• More bugfixes
  • Physics overhaul (including vehicle stability)
  • Volumetric clouds brought back
  • Improvised bows
  • Rest of missing legacy weapons (=Deringer, P1, Red-9, LongHorn, Rak, pistol grip shotgun, Trumpet, crossbow, probably forgot some) 
  • Stabbing animations and spears
  • Rest of missing leather crafting and dyeing
  • More ambient animals (foxes, rabbits, birds etc)
  • s1203 van and transit bus
  • Building barricades, craftable storage and a log cabin for base building
  • Proper seasons (winter when it is winter)

What I expect:

• More bugfixes, maybe but only maybe some improvements to physics
  • More assault rifles. Probably the Groza and maybe even M249
  • More balance tweaks
  • Some minor map edits
  • Some random unexpected content (that will be nice but still piss people off because so much from legacy is still missing...)

To be clear - with the conditions and resources they have had the DayZ team have done a great job with DayZ over the last couple of years. I really hope the leap in popularity during 2021 makes BI push in the necessary resources to make some actual progress with certain things the team has not been able to deal with yet - mainly physics related. We'll see what happens, but if they keep the momentum up 2022 will be great.

Edited by Derleth
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

C'mon. These guys will not tell you anything. It's the usual case of "i'm at the steering wheel, i'm the driver, so shut up and enjoy the ride". They don't waste their precious time talking with some wannabes like us.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Derleth said:

If they make 2022 better than 2021 then it's gonna be a fricking great year, just saying. The only negative thing I can think of with last year is the absurd amount of 5.56 rifles added.

Anyway the "roadmap" will likely arrive by the end of the month, and expecting a detailed one will only make you disappointed. While I would also very much like to know more details about what they are working on and planned implementations, it is obvious from the past couple of years that they don't want to give a lot of detail ahead of time. We'll get a general layout of what kind of features and fixes to expect, but little more. It is boring, but considering how previous plans were broken and how that continues to be meme material to this day I can't blame them.

What I'd want:

• More bugfixes
  • Physics overhaul (including vehicle stability)
  • Volumetric clouds brought back
  • Improvised bows
  • Rest of missing legacy weapons (=Deringer, P1, Red-9, LongHorn, Rak, pistol grip shotgun, Trumpet, crossbow, probably forgot some) 
  • Stabbing animations and spears
  • Rest of missing leather crafting and dyeing
  • More ambient animals (foxes, rabbits, birds etc)
  • s1203 van and transit bus
  • Building barricades, craftable storage and a log cabin for base building
  • Proper seasons (winter when it is winter)

What I expect:

• More bugfixes, maybe but only maybe some improvements to physics
  • More assault rifles. Probably the Groza and maybe even M249
  • More balance tweaks
  • Some minor map edits
  • Some random unexpected content (that will be nice but still piss people off because so much from legacy is still missing...)

To be clear - with the conditions and resources they have had the DayZ team have done a great job with DayZ over the last couple of years. I really hope the leap in popularity during 2021 makes BI push in the necessary resources to make some actual progress with certain things the team has not been able to deal with yet - mainly physics related. We'll see what happens, but if they keep the momentum up 2022 will be great.

I'd really like to see more base building items like you said. also I'd love a bow or crossbow too and the legacy weapons back in game. to set it straight too I'm not expecting them to do a roadmap full of 100% guaranteed promises but I'd would be nice to know what they have in mind and if some of those things don't get implemented I'm sure they will have an excuse as to why and I'm ok with that too. but yea hopefully end of January we will get 1 and it will be just as good if not better than 2021 (which I think was a great year for day z). by the way your "what I'd want" section was brilliant if even half that stuff could be implemented I'd be happy as Larry. base building changes and additions would be top of my list right now along with cars fixed if possible.

• Beans 2

Would be nice if we could get confirmation wether the devs are working on the things EVERYONE is asking for: Volumetric clouds, bow, ragdoll, helis and so on.

Or if they have been canned for good.

• Confused 1

and not a word, not a wish concerning the cheat... Some really live on another planet and see DayZ more beautiful than it is. Really funny ! It's so nice to see such optimistic players. 😂 🤣 😆

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, lvw06 said:

and not a word, not a wish concerning the cheat... Some really live on another planet and see DayZ more beautiful than it is. Really funny ! It's so nice to see such optimistic players. 😂 🤣 😆

I play console mate so I have no worries about hackers on official. yes there is exploits that players can use which are extremely limited but hacking.....Nope. that's a pc only issue on official servers and some modded ones if the admins aren't active.

7 hours ago, lvw06 said:

"BattlEye bans: 30,000+ (+25% compared to last year)"
https://dayz.com/article/general/DayZ-2021-Year-in-Review

They are doing something though. Every FPS game has aimbots and wallhacks, none of them managed to get rid of them.

Edited by DefectiveWater
deleted unnecessary stuff

Just now, DefectiveWater said:

They are doing something though. Every FPS game has aimbots and wallhacks, none of them managed to get rid of them.
I find it funny how you are always going on about cheating in the game, and yet in my last 600-700 hours all my deaths were legit, the only time I saw cheaters was during a free to play weekend a year or two ago.

I don't doubt there are cheaters out there, lots of them even. But they tend to flock around a certain kind of server. On official nearly exclusively 3PP servers, and always the highest population ones. These twats get off on running around ruining other players' days by cheating, so with few players around - no fun. That is also why on community servers you'll usually only find them on overfull 3PP servers with half the mods on the workshop and then some. If you don't play those servers the risk of running into a cheater is small.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

I find it funny how you are always going on about cheating in the game, and yet in my last 600-700 hours all my deaths were legit, the only time I saw cheaters was during a free to play weekend a year or two ago.

That's luck on your part, my last death on official was definitely not legit, that being said in my 800+ hours I'd say I ran into maybe 3 cheaters. I don't think dayz is as flooded with cheaters as some would suggest, the problem however is that in any other game if I get killed by a cheater all I have to do is leave the match and join a different one. Which makes it a minor inconvenience, whereas in DayZ when I get killed by a cheater I lose a lot of hours if not days that where put into all the progress I made.   

Edited by General Zod
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

38 minutes ago, Derleth said:

If you don't play those servers the risk of running into a cheater is small.

I guess this is then why I don't see any cheaters, makes sense tbh. I'll edit my original statement as it was uncalled for.

18 minutes ago, General Zod said:

the problem however is that in any other game if I get killed by a cheater all I have to do is leave the match and join a different one.

Yeah, 100% agreed. I remember the times I saw few cheaters in the game, absolutely ruined multiple hours of my playtime.

Edited by DefectiveWater