Freemanryan1987

We Need More Armband Colours

I think we need to start talking about introducing more raincoat colours into the game giving us a wider ranger of armbands. I run a few faction based PvP community servers (OutlawZ Last DayZ) and armbands are always an issue, i have resorted to using `Bandana's, Witches hood's ect so players can identify each other but i 100% feel armbands are a must. I can think of lots of new colours ,Purple, Brown, Grey, Dark Blue, Khaki green and more, but you get my point. I hope to see this happen in dayZ console sometime 🙏

• Beans 1

We need spray paint back and in a bigger variety of colours

Edited by General Zod

Man was just about to come and post something like this there is a mod for pc maybe be able to use or get it to work for console.. I would like to see more access to more files like this make your own armband own server loading screen things like that

The choices available for vanilla seems fine to me.  Maybe you should consider playing on PC if you want a more customized experience?

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

The choices available for vanilla seems fine to me.  Maybe you should consider playing on PC if you want a more customized experience?

I run a community server and more Factions than colours of armbands isn't good

• Like 1

Sometimes, organized groups will wear a similar piece of clothing, like a helmet, and then each squad-member will wear a different color armband so everybody knows who is who.   Surely there has to be a way to distinguish friendlies and foes other than just armbands.  Why must factions be defined by armbands?  I mean it's fine if they would add more, but seems strange that it's necessary.  Have you tried other indicators, by chance?

There isn't that much variation available, especially that all late game gear is either hunting or military so you're all some variation of cammo.  In real life there a lot of ways you can tell people you know from people you don't even by the way they walk if you know them well enough and that's when face covering is involved. In DayZ there is no way to tell who's who until they identify themselves. I don't know why spray paint was removed. We need in back and it a wide variety of colours. 

Edited by General Zod

I agree. Maybe when you go to cut any piece of clothing up you get the prompt to make an armband too. Then patterned armbands and all those colors get introduced.

Edited by Tristan Cooper
Clarification

^^ raincoats yeah, the only clothes that can be made into armbands, but their colours are limited. Also, how waterproof material suddenly turns into a moisture sponge when it becomes an armband is beyond me lol!

Any clothing/flags able to be cut into armbands would be great.