Derleth

The new cfggameplay.json

Hello! 

The wiki page which explains this file seems to have gone missing about the same moment the 1.15 patch went to stable, why is this? Also the server configuration page (here) has no reference to the file. I might have dreamed this, but were not these things in place during experimental? Was the website rolled back to an earlier version, or do I have strange fungus in my breakfast cereals?

Anyway, I am looking for information as to what each of the possible toggles in the cfggameplay.json actually does, especially concerning holograms and base buildings. I wish to configure this so I can remove the BuildEverywhere mod, without allowing too outrageous placement of things. Doing it the slow way by trial and error, but some documentation had certainly helped.

yeah, that page wasn't visible before - it resurfaced today. But thanks!

On my server, it doesn't seem to be working properly...or I configured it incorrectly.  I copied the JSON file to my mpmissions folder, in my server.cfg, I added enableCfgGameplayFile = 1; and in the JSON itself, I edited it and changed hitDirectionBehaviour to 0.  I'm still getting hit direction indicators though.

Did I f it up or is it broken?

"hitDirectionOverrideEnabled": 1, <- i missed that with my first attempt. make sure its set to "1"

4 hours ago, etwas said:

"hitDirectionOverrideEnabled": 1, <- i missed that with my first attempt. make sure its set to "1"

Okay, I'll change that for my next restart, thanks for the info!