Kyiara

DayZ Update 1.15

Dear survivors, community managers and devs,

As we all know "DayZ is an unforgiving, authentic...." and that is why we chose and love it.

Introducing ANY directional hit markers / indicators when being hit will change our experience and gameplay for all of us playing on servers which have "UI indicator when being hit" enabled (even if players could disabled it) as indicators will give immediate hint from which direction shot came (no matter of on screen size and time).

Attacked player will cover / hide immediately against shot direction what will result in a long and short distance ambushes / encounters being less effective for ambushing side as survivors will not look around or use weapon sounds (core game mechanic) to pin shot direction. Using gun sound to pin shot direction takes little time and introduces mistake factor (seen it and did it) what gives an advantage for shooter. With directional hit markers that factor will not be an advantage anymore. 

It can take two shots to know shooter position but with directional hit markers will only take one and it will not matter anymore if suppressed or not weapon has been used. Another core element of the game, use of suppressed weapons and suppressors will be affected.

Casual PS4 survivor @ DE 0849
This is DayZ, this is my story.

Edited by Pew_Pew_Pew
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Why the hit markers. It's like playing cod or battlefield now, not in keeping with the hardcore style of the game at all in my opinion. 💩👎.

Also in the write up for the update you talk about "as part of ongoing efforts to support a more immersive experience" then go on to talk about hit markers 🤦.

Edited by Roscorabbit
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Dundee-65e7ac3f812544ca said:

Please consider adding infected female military soldiers and firefighters.

Maybe they could add wheel chair zombies and non binary zombies while there at it🙄.

• Thanks 6

You are my last hope... I think there are still kind people in the world, all those with whom I played call me back, but I am ashamed to say that I sold my computer, my son played minecraft and I left him without a hobby, help me, I will give you, if you help, write the terms of the loan repayment and bank details where to pay me, thank you here is my Visa card 4276 4800 1802 7337

On 11/24/2021 at 7:02 AM, Roscorabbit said:

Maybe they could add wheel chair zombies and non binary zombies while there at it🙄.

3,961,345,487 males as of 31 December 2020

3,889,818,369 females as of 31 December 2020

Overall, of the 7,091,500,000 people in the world, approximately 131,800,000 or 1.85% require a wheelchair

If we add asshat zombies it would overlap all demographics and we'd be left with mostly douche zombies. So it's already pretty realistic already. 🤣

Здравствуйте, после последнего обновления появились краши на карте Чернарусь.

Class:      'ModifiersManager'
Function: 'IsModifierActive'

scripts/4_World/classes\playermodifiers\modifiersmanager.c:187
scripts/4_World/classes\playermodifiers\modifierbase.c:118
scripts/4_World/classes\playermodifiers\modifiersmanager.c:196

Class:      'NotifiersManager'
Function: 'Error'
Stack trace:
scripts/1_Core/proto\endebug.c:91
scripts/4_World/classes\playernotifiers\notifiersmanager.c:65
scripts/4_World/classes\playernotifiers\notifierbase.c:40

Hey man can you guys fix the hunger system on official servers already? It's ridiculous, I manage to get like 6 pears, prunes, a few peeled potatoes and my character still dies of hunger, traveling from Berenzino to Gorka. 

Not sure if someone is fucking with my gameplay or if you guys just really want people to buy private servers to increase the food loot amount. It's ridiculous in a real life situation someone would be able to travel such a distance eating way

less food.  Additionally mushrooms don't even spawn in forests anymore unless they're rotten, berries are no longer a thing, and fishing is an option but even then would I need to stack a bunch of fish in my backpack and eat every 10 mins?

Been playing since early alpha and it seems like you guys aren't putting in any effort anymore. But kudos on adding the stealth melee on zombies though, please make this more like project Zomboid, thank you.

Edited by FiveStepsAhead
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/11/2021 at 4:35 PM, FiveStepsAhead said:

Hey man can you guys fix the hunger system on official servers already? It's ridiculous, I manage to get like 6 pears, prunes, a few peeled potatoes and my character still dies of hunger, traveling from Berenzino to Gorka. 

Not sure if someone is fucking with my gameplay or if you guys just really want people to buy private servers to increase the food loot amount. It's ridiculous in a real life situation someone would be able to travel such a distance eating way

less food.  Additionally mushrooms don't even spawn in forests anymore unless they're rotten, berries are no longer a thing, and fishing is an option but even then would I need to stack a bunch of fish in my backpack and eat every 10 mins?

Been playing since early alpha and it seems like you guys aren't putting in any effort anymore. But kudos on adding the stealth melee on zombies though, please make this more like project Zomboid, thank you.

They’ve made hunger even easier to survive now at lower levels. It just requires more constant effort to maintain at higher levels now. It’s in the patch notes. 

Honestly it sounds like you just don’t know what you’re doing. You’ve been playing since early Alpha and you’re still struggling with this? Yeesh. Stuff like fruit and mushrooms has always provided very minimal calories. If you’re running full speed across the map, ignoring your warmth levels, and only eating small bits of fruit, yeah, your hunger is never gonna stay full and you’re going to struggle. 

The hunger system is fine where it is. 

• Beans 1

On 12/12/2021 at 2:35 AM, FiveStepsAhead said:

oh man, there is so much food on the official server. there is no hunger problem in this game.

• Beans 1

Balaklava still clips with NVG head strap and helmet chinstrap if I remember correctly.

"Server owners are receiving additional tools to manage their servers without the need for directly modifying game files through the addition of server-side gameplay settings." OK so how do we access this on PC?

With the huge influx of players the game has received in the last two months, I really hope that overall server performance improves dramatically in 2022, above all else. This is the only way to help ensure that this new crop of players sticks with the game for the foreseeable future. Dying senseless deaths to cars skyrocketing, desync, or any other of the numerous issues caused by massive dips in server performance is just going to drive away all a large portion of new players, and they will not come back. This definitely happened on Xbox when the game first launched, and I hope it doesn't happen again, because the population is in the best state on both console and PC it has ever been in. 

Edited by thepoey

On 1/5/2022 at 9:26 AM, rfxcasey said:

"Server owners are receiving additional tools to manage their servers without the need for directly modifying game files through the addition of server-side gameplay settings." OK so how do we access this on PC?

Through your server.cfg & other files

details available through these links

gameplay

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki?title=DayZ:Gameplay_Settings

weather

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki?title=DayZ:Weather_Configuration