Kyiara

1.15 Experimental Release

For the sake of hardcore DayZ fans, it shouldn't be added to the game. I personally don't really care but it would be a swift kick in the nuts to the people who truly love this game for what it is

10 hours ago, McWendy said:

So it doesn't say that but can only be seen ingame?. 

And no I Just base my information on what I Read on this forum. The official forum. 

Criticism is justified from experiences. Especially when its communicated poorly. 

AnInnocentChimp already told you twice, McWendy. I also suggest that you play the game (or watch a video about it) and see it by your self. Not a big deal, but good little detail. It's not like someone would think at first by reading the patch notes.

Say it because I though similar before changing my mind for the good. Up to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jaredthejester said:

Looks like "house of the dead" from 1996, you just need to add the red teeth marks in the middle of the screen. Well done , you managed to go backwards 25 years. Please ,please don't add this! It is absolutely terrible. 

Haha yes, DayZ 1.15 in late 2021:

hotd.jpg?w=830&ssl=1

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Astalonte said:

There is a poll going on now. Please feel free to vote. Almost 1k people voted

Neat, I guess more people like it than people dislike it.

I just hope it get's visual tweaks, should be a good patch.

41 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

Neat, I guess more people like it than people dislike it.

I just hope it get's visual tweaks, should be a good patch.

It does not matter. As you can see in the poll almost over 40% of the fan base dont want it at all. 

So they need to do something about it. 

That 40% that want a hardcore dayz experience probably (it s my opinion) are the ones who stacked to the game for years and years and keep it alive. You cannot ignore them

Change the visuals or remove it. 

They have created a problem that did not exist

• Beans 1

10 minutes ago, Astalonte said:

Change the visuals or remove it. 

I hope they'll change the visuals, make it more vignette like because they already have such an effect when you receive shock damage.
Also it shouldn't show the position of the shooter, it should show which side of your body got shot/hit (idk if it's possible...).
Then the next thing they need to do is make that damage indicator show if it made you bleed or not, and I think I'll be happy with it.

I really hope they won't remove it, because the potential is there, all it takes is to change it up quite a bit and improve upon.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Confused 1

If someone lobs a silent bullet into your character you shouldn't know the the shot came from your 11 o'clock. If you weren't at least wearing a plate that stopped the bullet, you shouldn't even know the general area you were hit from because you probably have two holes and an even bigger hole in between them. Knowing where it hurts makes sense, knowing the location of the shooter doesn't.

The feature is pointless for melee because you already know where you are being hit from. Can see them? In front. Can't? Not.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

The official servers on PC are still unplayable because of hackers. You are still getting killed inside a building without line of sight on attacker after you spent 2 days looting. Im glad you are trying out new stuff but solve hackers first. Everybody who has more than 200hrs in game is playing on community servers, in case you didn' t notice.

• Like 1

I just wanted to add as an xbox user i find the inventory system a bit annoying when you take an item from your inventory it is t replaced with the last item in that part of your inventory(this is an issue) i like to keep mine tidy and i think some thought should go into it before the next update

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Blades56 said:

Does anyone know when the 1.15 update will drop.  

this question is as old as the game. the answer is simple and will always be: no

sometimes we get noticed a day before, sometimes a few hours before it hits stable.

sometimes it takes a week from exp to stable, sometimes a month.

edit: so they just announced it already for next week. 23rd nov

Edited by etwas

On 11/5/2021 at 1:41 AM, keithic said:

...Adding an onscreen bleed effect around the perimeter of the screen is a good idea...

If you look down at your body, you can see blood spraying out of you.  This is enough for me. My eyes don’t fill with blood when my foot is bleeding.

On 11/19/2021 at 6:29 PM, eddy_tattooer said:

please re-insert bows and arrows, they are the survival component par excellence. will there be news about it?

I wish I could make the jackets, trousers and belts from the tanned skins of the killed animals... It seems to me that it is not yet possible... at least I have not succeeded...

P.S.

Maybe with the fur of the killed animal on the outside. Cow, Wolf, Bear, etc. change the skin and change the outer fur of the jacket or pants 🙂

Edited by Riddick_2K

But why do you bring up the "alleged realism" only when it suits you and for everything else (backpacks to be emptied to be put away, absurd wearing of boots, a doll who eats as if he had a whole family of tapeworms in his stomach, tends that do not you can mount if the ground is not perfectly flat, impossible fences like tents, risky cars to drive, plants that grow, mature, rot and disappear in about 2 hours and many many others absurdity like these) almost no one complains and even when they do, many silence him or "lick" the programmers or claim the "playability".
Be a community of absurd people... I seriously begin to think that you are suffering from the "Stockholm syndrome".
DayZ is an arcade, a huge and very complex arcade... but it has very little realism, between deliberately made bullshit and bugs that have never been solved!
Moreover, this indicator... absurdly... is something that will, instead, bring a little realism to the game, it DOES NOT take it away.
In case you have to see to what extent and with what effects it will be done (I have not tried the experimental one, I only read the forum).
ALL if you get hurt you can feel it directly from the nerve endings that you hurt yourself, how badly and where. In a video game... since it is "only" a PC video game, this is NOT possible (not yet, at least) so to make it LIKE IN REALITY you have to "visually simulate it" in some way.
THIS IS realism.
In case you can argue about the "quality" of how it is done, but NOT the fact itself... if you REALLY want a realistic game... which, from your absurd comments, I would say no.
You just want them to make the game as difficult as possible so that you can "overwhelm" your neighbor (more inexperienced than you) in a firefight. You speak of a "survival pandemic", you claim it "realistic" (in words), but you want it to become like a complex and absurd war FPS.
Use the term "HardCore" as if it were something more "cool" and "expert", but generally it's just a jumble of complex nonsense to make a game unrealistically complex to satisfy twisted minds or who, having a boring and banal RL, look for the biggest and most absurd weird challenges in a PC video game.
Even legitimate, but DO NOT talk about "realism"... you mention it but you demand the exact opposite!
Many continue to complain about the hit indicators as if they had removed the lid of the "Pandora's box" of DayZ... and continue to pretend nothing of the rest (not all, to be honest, some even complain of all the rest... but I read that it is not followed very much)... that in DayZ "everything is fine, Madam la Marquise".
You deserve this game...
I wish you, for the future, many other beautiful useless weapons and many other beautiful hats and backyard brooms! So, you just need to look for the most powerful weapon and go hunting for the unfortunate guy... of all the rest of "survival" (the main object of DayZ, in theory) who cares.
😠 😠 😠

ugh

Edited by etwas
wrong thread wheres the delte button