Sign in to follow this  
Just Caused

SUGGESTION: Radio alert before toxic airstrike

Radios aren't used at all, and even rarely on Community servers. By adding a feature for game to play audio track on a radio where you'll hear alert of incoming airstrike following a town name, players will be more willing to get radios they find themin the wilderness. By having radios as a valuable survival item, you'll also encourage VOIP communication, and if someone still hasn't met a single soul on the radio, let me tell you, it's very fun. This way, you can use radios both for intel about upcoming airstrikes and also you can communicate with others over the map.

Audio tracks can be both in English and Russian, although I prefer Russian as I think it'll fit more with lore of game. 2-3 sentences and then followed by name of town should be more than good. Also, it will be understandable to non-Russian players. Radio messages can be broadcasted both world-wide or if you're in the nearby area of a town that's going to be hit with an airstrike.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Just Caused
  • Like 2

Bumpity bump.

Edited by Just Caused

I think this is an awesome idea and may get more people to use radios in general.

This concept could be extended to other events, like heli crashes too. It would be neat if you could hear the pilots mayday call in a small radius around the crash site some time before it happens.

• Beans 1

Fully agree, you don't get much time between the flair marker and being engulfed in gas and if you're in a middle of gas zone you probably won't make it out if you don't have a mask ready. What else am I going to do with the radio ? Use it to say hey buddy where are you so I can come over and kill you ? 

• Beans 1