rackinglad27

1.14 coming soon.

just seen a twitter post from bohemia. there's a short video with it and to me me it looks like some new locations or they are expanding the map, it's real vague and doesn't give much away but hey go check it out. I'm excited either way. 😁

• Like 2

No clue what it could be, it's an interesting teaser, but now time for some speculation and stuff...

There's artillery sounds in the background, gas masks on the table, empty cans of food, Famas mags?, a new medical syringe thingy, and 2 markers (black and red)? and a bottle (glass? perhaps vodka?) of sorts...
Also a field transceiver which I assume will be handy for catching the 4625Khz signal at 1 AM? (till 1:43 AM?)

There's 2 texts that say "I AM 143"?
Red zones point out to MB Pavlovo and Rify, while there are also black arrows pointing to Zelenogorsk
cLnzRxT.pngm3xmKBo.png

"Again nothing" - pointing out to the sea? A possible location for dank loot? who knows...
kuwEhIr.png

Tisy has writing "UVB - 76" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UVB-76
3op8l5q.png
You can also see a clear outline of probably radioactive zone? dunno, not sure...

Text on bottom says: "4625Khz" which goes back to the UVB thingy at Tisy
xJXlddS.png

There's also a ? and 2 arrows connecting NWAF to the Military tents at Severograd
wtS5u6v.png
Could it have something to do with this? I personally never went there so i've got no clue what's there... maybe just ruins...
IywAx8t.png

No idea what "Kowen"(?) or the crossed out text "P.Sily-something(P. Silyia?)" mean...

Kinda hyped about 1.14... but let's wait and see.

Update:

A comment I saw on twitter

IosU3xL.png

Edited by DefectiveWater

Go check out the videos on it. Looks like theres gonna be alot more to do/explore and mystery to uncover in Chernarous kind of like Namalsk.

The one weird thing is the orb 76, i dont think they would add anything paranormal like in Namalsk but i cant help to think of the orb thing in Namalsk that teleports you when i read orb 76.

40 minutes ago, Robzom11 said:

orb 76

You sure it's ORB and not UVB?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UVB-76

41 minutes ago, Robzom11 said:

Looks like theres gonna be alot more to do/explore and mystery to uncover in Chernarous kind of like Namalsk.

I hope they will eventually keep updating the lore/"story quests", having the same "quests" if they end up being like that for years would become dull at some point.

30 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

You sure it's ORB and not UVB?

Ya its uvb lol thought it said orb.

Edited by Tonyeh

18 hours ago, Robzom11 said:

Ya its uvb lol thought it said orb.

yea its UVB 76 which is a old Russian numbers station installation from the cold War era. there's videos of it on YouTube in real life. I'm just happy we are going to be getting some more lore for chernarus and livonia because it shows both livonia and chernarus maps with these new locations or whatever they are and you have to tune in a radio to hear the morse code or the message that UVB emits. it's gonna be great, and you know why?..... because sumrak has worked on it 😁 and look what he did with namalsk. 😁 really looking forward to this update.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mother1977 said:

the morse code on the twitter post says "leave"   so maybe a new map?

Doubt it will be a new map. I think it's just there because they will add artillery strike zones.

BUT that "Again nothing" text MIGHT mean that there will be a rescue ship or something? idk...

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, rackinglad27 said:

what?

Ah nothing.

I was writing something and then realised it was bollocks.

• Beans 1

Looks like we might be able to write on tourist maps. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Ah nothing.

I was writing something and then realised it was bollocks.

hahahaha 🤣🤣 this happens to me more often than not. 🤣👍

So I've never seen any use for any of the radios, transmitters, walkie talkies etc. Or trying to broadcast from the giant antennae towers near NWAF (I forget the name). Is there more to it than just dicking around and DJing to chernaurus through the handheld radios? 

Edited by boggle

8 minutes ago, boggle said:

So I've never seen any use for any of the radios

Just teaming up with randoms i guess... but other than that, they really serve no purpose. Especially the Field Transceivers... why would you want to take that over ANY backpack or no backpack? idk...

Would be cool if radios transmitted warnings about the artillery strikes or something...

Edit: or if they caught static noise from heli crash sites or something... idk...

Edited by DefectiveWater

Remember when they posted a pic of the M16A2 muzzle and there was a chicken coop in the background?  People thought this could be a sign that bows were coming back. 

That's what this thread reminds me of.

Let's just hope it's not some other bullshit like eggs catches AI, or if they just can't resist... at least they are events limited to certain specific dates, like witch fires.
This game is getting worse and I tremble with each release of a new patch... these premises worry me a lot.

P.S.

When will we be able to see a parachute to be able to use the vehicles with a little more safety? This would be a nice surprise to find in this new patch 🙂

Edited by Riddick_2K
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Parazight said:

Remember when they posted a pic of the M16A2 muzzle and there was a chicken coop in the background?  People thought this could be a sign that bows were coming back. 

you still play day z

5 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

Let's just hope it's not some other bullshit like eggs catches AI, or if they just can't resist... at least they are events limited to certain specific dates, like witch fires.
This game is getting worse and I tremble with each release of a new patch... these premises worry me a lot.

P.S.

When will we be able to see a parachute to be able to use the vehicles with a little more safety? This would be a nice surprise to find in this new patch 🙂

you still play day z?

6 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

P.S.

You seem REALLY salty about a fun event they added... eggs are fun (and it's only gonna be like once a year). Do you hate fun?

15 hours ago, boggle said:

So I've never seen any use for any of the radios, transmitters, walkie talkies etc. Or trying to broadcast from the giant antennae towers near NWAF (I forget the name). Is there more to it than just dicking around and DJing to chernaurus through the handheld radios? 

I play on servers that have no party chat and use in game communication. So, that. 

17 hours ago, Parazight said:

It reminds me of all the Q-tards during the US election....everything means something!

17 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Edit: or if they caught static noise from heli crash sites or something... idk...

I would love this; right before a heli crash spawns, it would be awesome to hear the mayday signals that are running on repeat from wreckage. Or just static as you said. 

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I play on servers that have no party chat and use in game communication. So, that. 

I have too, but most servers just never seem to utilize these. I scan through stations and no one ever uses it. I guess if there was a frequency called out in the server title or in game admin messages or something that would help.

4 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

You seem REALLY salty about a fun event they added... eggs are fun (and it's only gonna be like once a year). Do you hate fun?

Of course I like to have fun, but I have another idea of what "fun" is or isn't in a game that "should" be about survival against a pandemic and, often, even claims some "realism" (which in reality too often is just the opposite... and it should be under everyone's eyes). If you look for all my posts in this forum you can get an idea about it, I don't rewrite everything because it would take hours and nobody would read everything 😉