schwaBAM-a087f522b700df84

Cholera/Influenza (returning player)

I haven't touched this game in awhile.  However, I have noticed that food is even more scarce than before, okay, whatever.  I find animals and kill them, take their meat and wash my hands prior to cooking.  I start the fire, put the meat on a stick and cook it until it says baked (one evolution).  The chicken is brown and looks cooked.  I eat this, and shortly after I am sick with some sort of influenza from what I can tell.  I have gotten tera and charcoal tablets and they do absolutely nothing.  I still vomit everytime I eat or drink.  I saw that I can take sips / nibbles of food but even if I stop after one bite, and restart it, I still end up throwing up eventually during that process.  Do I need to wait a certain amount of time prior to re-eating?  

I have made it so far inland and gotten tons of great items on one server, but each play through I am constantly fighting this stupid disease.  I did everything right according to what I am finding online.  It only comes when I eat animals that I caught or killed (fish, chickens, deer, etc).  Again, I wash my hands after cutting and prior to cooking/eating.  What gives?

Common cold perhaps? Vitamins needed.

Hit by An infected infected perhaps? Tetra needed.

You've either got influenza from being cold/wet for too long with a low immune stat, or eaten from a dirty food source, or both. If you're getting ill regularly you're not eating enough. You shouldn't ever get ill once you're off the coast and have the means to find food efficiently.

Flu doesn't make you vomit on its own, never in my experience anyway. I find the easiest way to cure this is to just eat a lot of food until your immune system is high, unless you have the pills.

Food illness is a little more tricky if you don't have the pills, but one bite every minute or two shouldn't make you vomit and still see you gain calories. Over time, your immune stat will rise and you'll cure yourself of this illness too.

Before they nerfed the calories or raw meat you used to be able to use this method to eat raw meat slowly as a fresh spawn until you were full, then you'd naturally cure yourself of the food poisoning. It was a bit of an exploit.

To be honest, you don't really need any of the pills in the game once you get a hang of how the flu/food poisoning works.

Edited by RZ0R

If you're sneezing, it's a cold. It'll pass.

To avoid them, don't get wet and cold. Although, IRL, that's not how you actually catch a cold.

In any case, it's mildly irritating illness. Just stay out of populated areas til it's gone and keep your temperature up.

20 hours ago, McWendy said:

Common cold perhaps? Vitamins needed.

Hit by An infected infected perhaps? Tetra needed.

Where is the best place to find tetra? I searched a couple blue medical houses and didn't find anything but saline and blood bags. 

The illness's in this game are non-intuitive and it seems greatly over complicated. Or a maybe it's just bc your illness isn't accurately communicated to the player. My buddy finally gave it a try yesterday and we had no idea what was wrong. New players of any game shouldn't have to dive into forums to learn what a mechanic is doing to them in game. I can't think of another title that requires this. Another reason I preferred the early status indicators that clearly stated what was wrong instead of a mysterious icon. They ought to at least have a first time startup pop-up tips or something to alert the new player what is wrong and what they need to do to fix it. 

hell no... No tips&tricks in "dayz". it's a survival game for pete's sake, which means live and learn with your own neck on the line.

tetra may spawn in hospitals, clinics, medical tents and any other place with medic/hygiene flags. If i correctly remember even some infected may have it.

oh! and you can kill/raid just for that as well.

Edited by nemorus
oh!

3 hours ago, boggle said:

Where is the best place to find tetra? I searched a couple blue medical houses and didn't find anything but saline and blood bags. 

The illness's in this game are non-intuitive and it seems greatly over complicated. Or a maybe it's just bc your illness isn't accurately communicated to the player. My buddy finally gave it a try yesterday and we had no idea what was wrong. New players of any game shouldn't have to dive into forums to learn what a mechanic is doing to them in game. I can't think of another title that requires this. Another reason I preferred the early status indicators that clearly stated what was wrong instead of a mysterious icon. They ought to at least have a first time startup pop-up tips or something to alert the new player what is wrong and what they need to do to fix it. 

Most new players have had nowhere near as many questions as you.  The learning curve isn’t that bad.  Why are you having so much difficulty??

On 8/2/2021 at 3:35 PM, Parazight said:

Most new players have had nowhere near as many questions as you.  The learning curve isn’t that bad.  Why are you having so much difficulty??

I've played plenty so I'm not totally new. Everything is tweaked enough now that I'm unsure. Also, I no longer have time to play the game 10 hours a week like I used to, so the limited time I do have (1-2 hours a week) I'd like to make the best of it and get as much information as possible so I'm not grinding for dumb shit like tetra bc I got hit by an infected. This was my point in another post; not everyone has a lot time to game, so a little tutorial for very green players about how the mechanics and the UI work would be great, you know, like most games do? Otherwise they spend their little valuable gaming time trying to learn trivial things such as these. If your response is "tough shit, that's part of the game" then this game is going to fizzle out even quicker than it has thus far.

Ultimately, if you don't like my questions, your free to scroll on by 👍

Edited by boggle

2 hours ago, boggle said:

I've played plenty so I'm not totally new. Everything is tweaked enough now that I'm unsure. Also, I longer have time to play the game 10 hours a week like I used to, so the limited time I do have (1-2 hours a week) I'd like to make the best of it and get as much information as possible so I'm not grinding for dumb shit like tetra bc I got hit by an infected. This was my point in another post; not everyone has a lot time to game, so a little tutorial for very green players about how the mechanics and the UI work would be great, you know, like most games do? Otherwise they spend their little valuable gaming time trying to learn trivial things such as these. If your response is "tough shit, that's part of the game" then this game is going to fizzle out even quicker than it has thus far.

Ultimately, if you don't like my questions, your free to scroll on by 👍

I bet you could double your time in game if you played it instead of posting questions. 

You claimed that people have to go online to find answers.  Really, they don’t. That’s all I’m saying. Your questions do not bother me.  Good luck.