Kyiara

DayZ Update 1.13

Yeh. We really need to get away from the idea that these are "zombies" and not crazed, infected, people.

There are zombies...

ftwd_501_rg_1212_0596_rt.jpg

...and there are, ahem, "zombies" (that aren't really zombies)...

28-Days-Later-Blu-Ray-Screencap-005-700x

The guy below is a better representation of what's in DayZ. It's a living person infected with a virus that causes them to go into an uncontrollable attack on uninfected people.

Personally, if such things actually existed I'd rather face off with the first one. They're slow and easily dispatched. The one below, on the other hand, SHOULD be more dangerous. They're fast, unpredictable, and still possess the physicality that they had before they got infected with whatever it is that makes them batshit crazy.

I've said it before, but if I had my way I'd make them much harder than they are in the game right now. First of all, I'd make them be able to pass on whatever viral infect they had to the player if they managed to get a couple of blows in. Even with the increase in toughness they received, they still little more than a nuisance. Players should be terrified of PvP when there's more than a few of the infected around, because it would mean a death sentence for them too.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

Yeh. We really need to get away from the idea that these are "zombies" and not crazed, infected, people.

There are zombies...

The guy below is a better representation of what's in DayZ. It's a living person infected with a virus that causes them to go into an uncontrollable attack on uninfected people.

Personally, if such things actually existed I'd rather face off with the first one. They're slow and easily dispatched. The one below, on the other hand, SHOULD be more dangerous. They're fast, unpredictable, and still possess the physicality that they had before they got infected with whatever it is that makes them batshit crazy.

I've said it before, but if I had my way I'd make them much harder than they are in the game right now. First of all, I'd make them be able to pass on whatever viral infect they had to the player if they managed to get a couple of blows in. Even with the increase in toughness they received, they still little more than a nuisance. Players should be terrified of PvP when there's more than a few of the infected around, because it would mean a death sentence for them too.

If its the first; 

Rule 1# Cardio 🙂

Hey what has happened to the official servers its been a week now and none are showing up on the list. Your always making the game worse and breaking things 

Hi all,

My player gets sick all the time.
I have already taken 8 vitamin tablets and 5 antibiotics.
All helps nothing more.

I hope that the diseases will return to the way they were before, it can't go on like this.

7 hours ago, JSN5151 said:

Hi all,

My player gets sick all the time.
I have already taken 8 vitamin tablets and 5 antibiotics.
All helps nothing more.

I hope that the diseases will return to the way they were before, it can't go on like this.

Diseases are very manageable.  You might be doing something wrong.

8 hours ago, paul180579 said:

Hey what has happened to the official servers its been a week now and none are showing up on the list. Your always making the game worse and breaking things 

Official servers are up and running.  Server lists working fine here.

On 8/20/2021 at 11:00 PM, Tonyeh said:

There are zombies...

When the team did the very first mocap sessions for infected animations they watched 28 Days Later for references. This was shown in a dev diary :). It was very clear that Dean was exactly wanted the infected to be the 28 days Later style....

Sadly the infected got no more love over all the following years and now it seems to me really nearly impossible to improve them with all the different manifested playstyles and preferences and lore interpretations.

In the 1.15 could you please do something with the building side of dayz every update you do there seems to be less placement for fences fit around buildings then ever. would be nice to be abule to block off a door way for add a smaller fences it like a door way fence kits and a window fence kit and a digital code lock would be great since duping is now gone I think it should be 6 nades a walls 2 just i idea lads. But must say well done with 1.14 lads 👍👍👍

Edited by 999white999

I agree all the updates you have done are great so looking forward to the toxic zones , I would like to have better building ie being able to add a floor so you can have a second story to a build like the big barns and red brick industrial areas with Windows extra like the pc players get that is the only thing that lets the game down I know is console players are not on the priority but it would be nice to be heard now and again 

On 7/20/2021 at 7:36 AM, rackinglad27 said:

Adam Franců sort this stupid ghost wall glitch look on utube for god sake