Sign in to follow this  
THEGordonFreeman

Why I don't play on official....

Well, this video proves at least one thing. That Microsoft made a deal with BI. If you don't activate your windows copy you're done in a game.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I play only official servers and I can confirm that hackers are huge problem. Especjaly big chinesee groups of hackers that travel around the map and raid every base. I had 3-4 bases in elektro and with around 6-8 gates each. All of them were raided by chinesee hackers....

Only region lock can save us. Eu servers for Eu players etc.

Edited by ZBA
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Funkmaster Rick said:

We all know this about official servers. So does Bohemia. Don't expect anything to be done.

That's pretty sad.  You're right of course, but I am still calling them out so new or potential new players know what is up before they spend their money.

• Beans 1

The one good thing about playing on console, little to no cheating... besides people duping. Hopefully this game never becomes cross platform because PC games are rampant with cheaters! 

• Like 1

Crazy clips by the way! Can't beleive people would even play like that. What is killing you? Is this an exploit on console too? I was in the other day and died in a similar fashion to a guy that did not have a gun.

Edited by ShallowTech

Invisible bolt or arrow or something or at least sound suggests that.

What's the point in playing any game like that?

Sad, sad, fuckers.

Some people are pathological - there really is no other reason for their behaviour.

Move player characters to the server side and have mother server architecture to provide sanity checks?

Set up servers with BI staff, funded by a subscription fee?

Fire BattleEye?

Obviously the current system has issues.  Sure, it's not just DayZ, but cheaters always appear as a symptom of a problem, not really the cause.  Then again, griefing has been around as long as people have.

Edited by Parazight

12 hours ago, Parazight said:

Move player characters to the server side and have mother server architecture to provide sanity checks?   <--- ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE IDEA!  VEHICLES ANYONE?

Set up servers with BI staff, funded by a subscription fee?   <-- NOT A BAD IDEA, BUT THEY WOULD HAVE TO BE ONLINE 24/7

Fire BattleEye? <-- AND REPLACE WITH WHAT?

Obviously the current system has issues.  Sure, it's not just DayZ, but cheaters always appear as a symptom of a problem, not really the cause.  Then again, griefing has been around as long as people have.

priority number 1 now for Bohemia: Do what is necessary to eradicate the tens of thousands of cheaters who are killing the game! Battleye is ineffective, we have to change !! Get to work now !!

Tens of thousands of cheaters? Let's not be *that* dramatic!... 🙂

There is one cheap way to keep official servers clean. All servers really.

Having a local scanning tool that'll keep tabs on every player in a game. If a player gets caught the tool gives him a warning. Three warnings and he's kicked. Three kicks and he can't play for a month. His steam account name displayed in a hall of shame (not Wolchek's btw...). Such tool needs a neuro-like layers on maps, so it can detect if players are in places they cannot normally visit (underground for instance) and if their movement is unnatural (teleporting). It can also tell if players are using current game functions in a correct way. Duping can be resolved in similar fashion; The tool remembers all the items on a map - it's linked with server's database. It scans players inventories and knows if the things inside are legit or came from nowhere. A very simple identification function. Overall it's a personal guardian angel for each server and this game only. Because each game has it's own design and things to exploit. There is only one problem with that scenario: scanning tool needs investment of time and money. And we all know that BI is a cheapskate for some odd reason. I called all that a "cheap way" because servers admins will not be forced to resolve cheating-related tickets ever again. It's saving their time. BI needs such a tool for their own future projects either way - it could save their face and time as well.

BattleEye is like a Facebook - it's a global tool that does not care for individuals. It's more of a placebo than a cure. People were teleporting and duping in "DayZ" since day one. BE never resolved that. It simply could not.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 11:09 PM, nemorus said:

Tens of thousands of cheaters? Let's not be *that* dramatic!... 🙂

It does feel like that though 😆

It really feels like every time i get lucky in-game and get a nice loadout i get insta-sniped along with all my friends next to me or in the same town.

It completely takes away the want to play or recommend this game, whatever i achieve will be hacked. Why loot four hours when it will just disappear in an instant without the payoff of atleast one cool shootout.

First time in over a year i got a FAL and my friend had an SVD. Before we could do anything with them we both got insta-sniped (platecarriers and on opposite sides of the same town, I was in the forest).

This hacker has the SVD and FAL, and presumably they will stay with him until he dies and no new ones will spawn. He has a 1km bubble around him that instakills anyone,i don't think he will die. 😭

Banned accounts should have their Survivors deleted so guns can go back into the LEC.

It only tells me that vanilla servers are natural habitats for losers armed with scripts. No admins, no sufficient security tools, no rules at all - like why even bother staying there?...

People should just play on private servers - and no, i'm not saying that all of them are great. Some of them are - with active admins, tested settings - stuff good enough to stay.