wow, developed a bit since i been to bed XD

I'd like to see an ai/player switch too' date=' after all it was originally my idea ;) maybe have some gray space daring the spread of the infection where you can randomly switch over but it shouldn't be unexpected, when you get sick you know it.

I can see it causing players to spread out across the map more too. rather then staying in those towns in the south lol since elektra and chena would be pretty much impossible to settle in.

I don't see how it would make re-spawning anymore of a nightmare than it is now.

[/quote']

I see what ye mean, it shouldnt be unexpected, I think if you linger too long in the mist the chances of infection taking hold should increase quickly. Tbh though I think this depends on how easy it is to receive antibiotics/treatment. At its current level of spawning then this would probably be unneccessary. If antibiotics were increased however, I could still see some beach spawn still running blindly through the towns and mists without considering how incredibly dangerous they should be.

And tbh yea your probably right on the respawning front. players would readjust. I guess really it doesnt take ye more than an hour to pick yourself up again and be preped to head out anywayz

Yeah and there can also be a lower level gas-mask such as a rag that you can find. Maybe this mist can infect the water we drink to survive. What if we are forced to start fires so that we can filter it to the point that we can drink it. (If unable to heat it to filter you can still drink it but there is a chance that you can become ill from it):o

Really you can expand on this idea quite efficiently

Yea i dont mind this idea much if the gas masks were not that frequent, a rag could double up as a potential bandage too. Its a good point though not to get bogged down in a variety of diff gas masks.

It's funny because I was thinking of a similar idea but my thought was having restricted zones much like the irradiated town in Fallout Vegas.

I was thinking derailed train or crashed plane. I know - I know, cliche. But the crash site would be ground zero, cause of the outbreak. Military transferring chemical weapons/ test vaccines or something. These areas would be engulfed in a cloud of fog and as the OP suggested these zones would only be accessible with gas masks or even full bio suits. Could even have it around Cherno or one of the big cities. These restricted zones would have high tier resources.

Could even have it where the outer limits of the crash zone would only require gas masks. as you get closer to the crash zone you have to wear bio suits.

It's funny because I was thinking of a similar idea but my thought was having restricted zones much like the irradiated town in Fallout Vegas.

I was thinking derailed train or crashed plane. I know - I know' date=' cliche. But the crash site would be ground zero, cause of the outbreak. Military transferring chemical weapons/ test vaccines or something. These areas would be engulfed in a cloud of fog and as the OP suggested these zones would only be accessible with gas masks or even full bio suits. Could even have it around Cherno or one of the big cities. These restricted zones would have high tier resources.

Could even have it where the outer limits of the crash zone would only require gas masks. as you get closer to the crash zone you have to wear bio suits.

[/quote']

Whoa, that would be some serious camping site if I've ever seen one. But only thing is how many places could you put it and if you did how do you know if you are accidentally walking into it? And can I sprint in and out with out taking to much damage?

Indeed, i know i suggested before that I purely like the idea of the mist being attached to the hoarde, but having it attached to sites/facilities connected to the outbreak could add an extra levels depth/organisation in exploring such areas.

also, i like the idea ye can contain yourself in buildings to save yourself from ze mist, it may be at odds with some of the suggestions(my own included :S) of facilities/crash sites containing the mist.

If the devs were happy with the idea of facilities on the island being connected to the source of infection however, then im sure these buildings would be a justifiable exception XD

Next thing we'll know we will have Hurricanes hitting the coast of Chernarus :P

+1, but only inland because even if they're common, new spawns may not have gas masks or filters to survive their first 5 minutes.

I was thinking derailed train or crashed plane. I know - I know' date=' cliche. But the crash site would be ground zero, cause of the outbreak. Military transferring chemical weapons/ test vaccines or something. These areas would be engulfed in a cloud of fog and as the OP suggested these zones would only be accessible with gas masks or even full bio suits. Could even have it around Cherno or one of the big cities. These restricted zones would have high tier resources.

[/quote']

Whoa, that would be some serious camping site if I've ever seen one. But only thing is how many places could you put it and if you did how do you know if you are accidentally walking into it? And can I sprint in and out with out taking to much damage?

I would think that a single large area would be more than suffice. Imagine the whole of Cherno and say 300 meter drop off around the zone.

Without adding any other features and working with the current system I think perhaps as you enter the zone you start to bleed, the bleed level increases the further into the zone you go.

So outer edge of the zone, just a tiny level of blood loss. You could easily run 100 meters into the outer rim of the zone and get out. Beyond that you would really struggle without gas mask or bio suit.

If there was a new system to handle it, you would have a respiratory system to handle the mechanics. Also with a respiratory system you could gave the player getting out of breath when sprinting which slows the player which would work with my other suggestion for slower zombies which can be found here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=24415

Also camping would become somewhat hindered by the mist/fog levels in the area. Combat would be reduced to CQC in these areas which would make for some fierce street battles.

Could even dig down even further into the idea where bio suits are damaged in combat and have to be repaired. Any bio suits looted from dead corpses would need repair before being used again.

[/quote']

Maybe Berzinio gear loot could be buffed, but then have the city covered with this ABV mist. have a crashed C130 in the middle of it ;)

but I don't really care about this, the concept is cool I just don't want to overload the clients =p

V3.5 Changelog:

Cloth

• Spawn with it

• protects 25%

• Can not used weapon when equipped (you have to use your hands to hold up to your mouth)

• Stamina runs out faster (if a stamina system is put in place)

+1' date=' but only inland because even if they're common, new spawns may not have gas masks or filters to survive their first 5 minutes.

[/quote']

Spawn points should be inactive when if the mist is on top of it.

other then that it is avoidable, shouldn't prevent the zombie horde from being on the coast ;) you can spawn with a cloth to cover your mouth, but you wont be able to use your weapon, and it will only last 15 mins or so.

I'd really like something like this

Excellent soon this will catch a staff members attention :D

I can't read Russian? but i'm pretty sure he's just a forum mod lol

I've had forum mods message me about other idea's being good i.e. power plant idea, They said they hope rocket see's it.

I don't think they have any power to play favorites :P

Excellent soon this will catch a staff members attention :D

I can't read Russian? but i'm pretty sure he's just a forum mod lol

I've had forum mods message me about other idea's being good i.e. power plant idea' date=' They said they hope rocket see's it.

I don't think they have any power to play favorites :P

[/quote']

1000 views that's prett awesome. And what are talking about Russian? Lol

Bumpety bump this.

THis reminded me briefly of the Blob (film) which regardless on how ye feel bout horror genre and film making, cant be denied as an original film.

What if the mist was like slightly corrosive aswell. Not necessarily that it damaged players, but corroded clothes/skin so that another survivor could tell if some noob had spent too much time in the mist.

Bumpety bump this.

THis reminded me briefly of the Blob (film) which regardless on how ye feel bout horror genre and film making' date=' cant be denied as an original film.

What if the mist was like slightly corrosive aswell. Not necessarily that it damaged players, but corroded clothes/skin so that another survivor could tell if some noob had spent too much time in the mist.

[/quote']

Corrosive clothes would be nice if the clothes mechanics became more of a factor in the game.

but there would have to be an award for being in the mist i think, I don't want there to be a huge risk but no reward. I think a small risk 'getting sick' would be good enough, but anything more there would have to be an award

maybe a horde pack leader that drops rare loot or something.

Now that might be venturing too far into MMORPG. I think it should be something to avoid like the plague (see what I did there lololololol), and the only incentive should be either A, there are heavy military installations with breached chemical weapon tanks, or B, the knowledge that no sane person would actually go INTO the mist, so your looting will be unhindered by snipers and bandits.

Underground environments, doesnt sound like something Arma2 can offer... As far as the myst I can see it working and moving with the patrol of zombies from city to city. Just chooses a random city to hit next. Once the zombies die just get rid of the myst and respawn another horde with myst somewhere else. Gas masks would be nice to introduce into the game. I know there is already a mod that carries those.

Sounds to me like an event that sticks till server resets or the people on the server work together to get rid of the problem

Now that might be venturing too far into MMORPG. I think it should be something to avoid like the plague (see what I did there lololololol)' date=' and the only incentive should be either A, there are heavy military installations with breached chemical weapon tanks, or B, the knowledge that no sane person would actually go INTO the mist, so your looting will be unhindered by snipers and bandits.

[/quote']

you don't just walk in to the mist like it's cool, I mean you can if you want but that's not what the point of this is.

it's suppose to take you off guard, overwhelm you.

Precisely. Once players DO have NCBR gear, they might decide to go in so all OTHER players are gone. And of course, that's only the daredevils.