I think this idea is an exxcellent feature of how survival in a zombie land can Drasticly change and evolve... You cant just run in a direction casue encounters such as this will be harmful and make a twist to the game!

inb4 the story in Dayz is that a industry plant of some sort started leaking a gas that infected people :)

Edited by Magisk

inb4 the story in Dayz is that a industry plant of some sort started leaking a gas that infected people :)

that might be over doing it a little ;) But i would love some lore. A story line smeared with rumors and lies.

Awesome idea but you should be allowed to use your weapon. Screw holding it to my face, I would MacGuyver it and tie it round my head like a bandit skin.

Well, it's cool, but the siren should be activated(or deactivated/not activated) by players.

Good players could head to the church(or another building like fire station) in order to sound the siren to warn people, but bandits could just ignore it to make people die.

Well, it's cool, but the siren should be activated(or deactivated/not activated) by players.

Good players could head to the church(or another building like fire station) in order to sound the siren to warn people, but bandits could just ignore it to make people die.

I agree, in DayZ it makes since on paper for the alarm to be triggured by players.

but the hard truth is. If a alarm that can be herd within 2 klicks can be triggered by a player, they will just constantly turn it on and become a huge annoyance to players

I would like a 'auto-detection system' that would be found at fire stations or churches, like you said. But it needs to be rebuild like the vehicle does. I think then it could act as the warning system to scare your pants off. but wouldn't just turn on when power is flowing threw the town, someone would have to rebuild it. Giving the game another 'objective' for the player, adding substance to the game.

Rocket said something about a spreading disease that's going to be roaming the map but I don't know how it's going to work. Pretty much convinced that your suggestion it's going to be similar to what he propposed.

Rocket said something about a spreading disease that's going to be roaming the map but I don't know how it's going to work. Pretty much convinced that your suggestion it's going to be similar to what he propposed.

I sure do hope so, this idea is one of my favorites. Second behind the power plant idea I had... that's only cause you need electricity for this idea to work to it's fullest (Early Warning systems)

I can imagine how scary it would be to hear that siren going off, and then suddenly be surrounded by a 2 klick wide mist that can kill you...

Hell yeah, that would complete the atmospheric scenario needed to be scared as fuck. Beans given to you