Sign in to follow this  
cragzeek

How To Use an In-Game Map

Last night when I used it it indicated where I was, today it does not. Is there a way to do that?

Go back to the server you were that time, there are some server that still have the "you are here" icon enabled.

Also on some servers if you hold down Shift+Left Click, it will set a waypoint marker, so when you go back to the normal game, it will have a point on the hoizon and how far away it is. quite useful for those without a compass

Also on some servers if you hold down Shift+Left Click' date=' it will set a waypoint marker, so when you go back to the normal game, it will have a point on the hoizon and how far away it is. quite useful for those without a compass

[/quote']

But remember that this waypoint is visible for all players on all maps, so you would give away your position. Maybe somebody will come looking for you there...

You can delete a waypoint by hovering over it with your mouse and pressing 'delete'. You can delete waypoints from other players too.

That waypoint is NOT visible to other players.

Elias is talking about the Circle+X markers, which are indeed visible.

The waypoint is NOT the same thing.

All that said though, it's total cheating, and if you have to use it, I pity you :P

It's often a good idea to go on different servers and see what people are marking with the black circle, can help out if you not very good with where things are

I don't believe in the way points marker at all. That is cheap. I'm split on the "You are Here" markers, because in reality, you would be able to locate signs around the world and pinpoint them on your map to know where you are. Granted, that would just be a more general area rather than an exact point.

I use the you are here location marker. It's been so helpful to meet up with people after you get split up and respawn....

but I could see how it would be cheap....you don't have those markers on real life maps. But, in real life you do have GPS systems, so I think I'm okay with it.

I know, that was quite the incoherent ramble going back and forth, but what do you guys think? Is the location marker cheap?

I don't believe in the way points marker at all. That is cheap. I'm split on the "You are Here" markers' date=' because in reality, you would be able to locate signs around the world and pinpoint them on your map to know where you are. Granted, that would just be a more general area rather than an exact point.

I use the you are here location marker. It's been so helpful to meet up with people after you get split up and respawn....

but I could see how it would be cheap....you don't have those markers on real life maps. But, in real life you do have GPS systems, so I think I'm okay with it.

I know, that was quite the incoherent ramble going back and forth, but what do you guys think? Is the location marker cheap?

[/quote']

Ok, dude, that makes ZERO sense :P

Looking for landmarks and finding your location like that is entirely possible.

You can also find a GPS in DayZ.

None of your points make ANY sense at all :P

Be really careful when approaching other people's markers on the map - I've seen an empty tent set up with a marker on it saying "Camp Here" and a sniper watching over it. So it was more like "Camper Here". Unfortunately for the sniper my angle of approach was from behind his position so I saw him first. Thanks for the rifle :)

for me it is like better gear i have more hardcore server i looking for :)

when i spawn in cost line I dont care - i am visible in map or not, I am using shift+Lclick a lot. I am even fine with name indicators when aiming on something.

But as soon i got good gear I am looking for HC servers :)

so its good idea to start understanding map without all "cheat" things, BTW GPS for beginners also is not much help coz they simply dont understand how to use it

You need a map and a watch or better a map and a compass. Scout for landmarks and navigate with map.

I never woul go on non veteran servers, because of the map helps and crosshairs.

Imagine if you face a sniper with a m107, m24 whatever and you got a ironsight gun, and its a server with crosshairs on then the sniper guns work very well in close quarter fights because of it.

So the whole weapon balance is fucked up.

The game is much more immersive on veteran servers with no crosshair.

...I never woul go on non veteran servers' date=' because of the map helps and crosshairs...

The game is much more immersive on veteran servers with no crosshair.

[/quote']

Agreed, Smithy, but I have found MANY of the servers with "VETERAN" in the description have 3rd person AND crosshairs enabled. Not sure about nametags as I tend to avoid other players where possible.

It is a hit and miss proposition finding actual veteran settings enabled.

Damn annoying, it is!

no, use arma server browser and only launch with six.

search for veteran servers with: 3dp:on ch:off / 3dp:off ch:off in their names.

use browser filter to search for 1.7.1.5 or ch:off