Ander (DayZ)

Out of bounds item/vehicles cleanup [2012-07-06]

"yuor nott plaing teh gaem rite!!!!111!!! teh on1y wai t0 plai iz teh wai i plai!!!!!11!! haorddin veclus iz n00000000 funnzzz!!!!!!!eleven!!!1one!! clanz n33d to plai teh wai i plai cuz itz teh ony rite funz wai!!!!!!!!!"

All this bullshit needs to stop. Your way of playing (i.e. spending 95% of your time in chern because you die to people who are better prepared and then have to waste hours upon hours getting all your stuff back) is no more valid than any other way of playing.

Those who decide what's right have changed what that means' date=' haven't they?

[/quote']

Plenty of people in this thread calling for players not to be able to store gear and vehicles AT ALL, regardless of map bounds. Once you die you respawn along with all the gear you hid, etc. That is bullshit.

So thats how I acquired 5 vehicles magically last night... Fun stuff.

24 hours is quite a long time' date=' couldn't they just: log in, hop in it, and get out then log off and it stay out of bounds for 24 more hours.

[/quote']

Yes and you better believe some dedicated large clans will do this.

At least its a step in the right direction so we can't really complain.

So the carebears got their first victory. Very sad day for Dayz. I guess its only a matter of time till they will ruin yet another game with their constant whining. I play this mod since only 3 servers were up and I knew once the game becomes popular the mainstream self entitled people will dominate the forums and eventually will sway dev's opinion over time and it'll snowball from there. It's disappointing that rocket decided to ignore reason and common sense on this one.

You do realize what this is going to do to this game right? People like me who like collecting shit guns cars etc are going to have nothing to do. SO what I'm going to do is what every other(hate to say this) CoD boy does. I'm going to grab me a cco and ruin noobs lifes. What else is there to do in this game?

Also the people who say they can't find vehicles arent looking at the right places. I've found multiple vehicles from different servers in the SAME spot.

Think of it this way. You guys are telling me you wont take another vehicle if you saw it? No one in their right mind is going to leave a vehicle there for another person. Stop lying to your self.

So the carebears got their first victory. Very sad day for Dayz. I guess its only a matter of time till they will ruin yet another game with their constant whining. I play this mod since only 3 servers were up and I knew once the game becomes popular the mainstream self entitled people will dominate the forums and eventually will sway dev's opinion over time and it'll snowball from there. It's disappointing that rocket decided to ignore reason and common sense on this one.

LOL

Better hurry and store your important stuff in your tent/car and sprint to the NW airfield for 1 last "hardcore PVP" session.. Soon death might matter to you like it does to us carebears.

LOL

Better hurry and store your important stuff in your tent/car and sprint to the NW airfield for 1 last "hardcore PVP" session.. Soon death might matter to you like it does to us carebears.

Ha so ignorant and condescending. I was in top death leaderboards for months, knew the map inside out while you were still getting achievements for pressing space in some carebear game of yours. By the time I hit 1k hours playing dayz I pretty much done everything possible in this mod. Items are far down on my list of things I want from this game. But the group/clan aspect that this game has is practically being removed due to not having a lasting objective/goal/base because you whiners want free and easy stuff BECAUSE YOU CARE(bear) about it more than anyone, why would you be so happy otherwise? pathetic hypocritical ignorant twerps.

This was suppose to be unfair unentitled antigame, but I guess it's a losing battle because these arguments start getting weight "i only has 2 hourz per dai so i deserve to try all teh vihicles and dont wanna get shot by organised hardcore gamers cuz Im so spephial(my mom told me so), I just wanna ride ponies and meet other carebears to sit around fire share beans and have ana....." This is what I hated to see in WoW and now its here.

"yuor nott plaing teh gaem rite!!!!111!!! teh on1y wai t0 plai iz teh wai i plai!!!!!11!! haorddin veclus iz n00000000 funnzzz!!!!!!!eleven!!!1one!! clanz n33d to plai teh wai i plai cuz itz teh ony rite funz wai!!!!!!!!!"

All this bullshit needs to stop. Your way of playing (i.e. spending 95% of your time in chern because you die to people who are better prepared and then have to waste hours upon hours getting all your stuff back) is no more valid than any other way of playing.

Those who decide what's right have changed what that means' date=' haven't they?

[/quote']

Plenty of people in this thread calling for players not to be able to store gear and vehicles AT ALL, regardless of map bounds. Once you die you respawn along with all the gear you hid, etc. That is bullshit.

It fits the perms death concept pretty well to me.

Well' date=' it's either listen to the "carebears" or listen to the elitist self-entitled h4rdc0r3 clan idiots. Take your pick.

[hr']

[/quote']

In theory, that sounds like a great idea. Permadeath is a very powerful concept that has the potential to completely change how players value their in-game lives.

In practice, however, it's nearly impossible to do. How would you "tie" a car to a particular user? And, as usual, dedicated clans that devote every waking minute of their lives to one-upping everyone in DayZ would find a way to cheat the system.

LOL

Ha so ignorant and condescending. I was in top death leaderboards for months' date=' knew the map inside out while you were still getting achievements for pressing space in some carebear game of yours. By the time I hit 1k hours playing dayz I pretty much done everything possible in this mod. Items are far down on my list of things I want from this game. But the group/clan aspect that this game has is practically being removed due to not having a lasting objective/goal/base because you whiners want free and easy stuff BECAUSE YOU CARE(bear) about it more than anyone, why would you be so happy otherwise? pathetic hypocritical ignorant twerps.

[/quote']

Are you so naïve?

You are the one who wants safety. You are the one avoiding pvp.

Putting your stuff off map is far more "care bear" than anything I've heard suggested around here except "remove pvp".

Setting up your little green acres camps is weak. Why don't you just go play arma on your own server and set up a super leet camp full of stuff and just sit there looking at it?

Man up, grow a pair and figure out how to survive inside the boundaries of the game. Or you can go back to collecting hair clips on Hello Kitty Island.

• Like 9

LOL

Ha so ignorant and condescending. I was in top death leaderboards for months' date=' knew the map inside out while you were still getting achievements for pressing space in some carebear game of yours. By the time I hit 1k hours playing dayz I pretty much done everything possible in this mod. Items are far down on my list of things I want from this game. But the group/clan aspect that this game has is practically being removed due to not having a lasting objective/goal/base because you whiners want free and easy stuff BECAUSE YOU CARE(bear) about it more than anyone, why would you be so happy otherwise? pathetic hypocritical ignorant twerps.

[/quote']

Are you so naïve?

You are the one who wants safety. You are the one avoiding pvp.

Putting your stuff off map is far more "care bear" than anything I've heard suggested around here except "remove pvp".

Setting up your little green acres camps is weak. Why don't you just go play arma on your own server and set up a super leet camp full of stuff and just sit there looking at it?

Man up, grow a pair and figure out how to survive inside the boundaries of the game. Or you can go back to collecting hair clips on Hello Kitty Island.

Oh my god this! You'd have to be blind, or just downright stupid, to not see the irony of bitching about "carebears" getting saving vehicles off the map removed.

The green acres Im refering to that now have a 6h respawn limit is the area outside of vegetation (no grass texture except the flat ground, the border can be clearly seen and other people here have posted pictures). You arent supposed to be able to pitch tents there but due to bugs it has sometimes been possible anyway.

Tents, sandbags, wirekits, tank traps and so forth have now been wiped.

There are fields in far north, west and northwest that are fine to setup bases in that still have long grass. But I'd personally say those fields are usually where people get the same idea... so they stumble upon other people camps.

Someone complained that this is a "win" for carebears. I'd say this is a nerf against carebears who want safe places to store their phat lewtz. This is a boost to playing inside the map borders.

Grow a pair, hide your bases better in deep forests. Dont store your vehicles in large psuedo-parking lots where they are easy to spot.

Got myself a nice little camp in almost center of map where we have a couple of tents.

Gone 2 weeks without anyone finding it (L85, NVG, rangefinder etc).

If you want to build big camps (that are easy to spot), prepare to defend it or keep watch.

I know some hardcore communities out there actually post guards through out the day/night to spot hostiles.

As for the future. I've got a few ideas on how to assist people who do want to build bases and fortify it. I'll be discussing it with Rocket and see what he thinks. And also a few ideas on method to handle ghosting, more on that in separate posts.

• Like 7

Locking this thread for now as the Q&A regarding this feature have been answered several times already.

• Like 1