Sign in to follow this  
Buddagee

how does someone find my well hidden tent whithin 24 hours?

on a certain server, no matter where i place my tent somebody finds it, is someone using an exploit ?

Edited by Buddagee
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Buddagee said:

on a certain server, no matter where i place my tent somebody finds it, is someone using an exploit ?

All tents get found. Probably by someone who wanted to place his own tent. Better use buried stashes. What kind of tent was it? 

BTW like your profile pic 😉

Cheers, Its a camouflage Canopy Tent ,i have hid it twice whithin 2 days miles apart,deep in the forest (well hidden) and its been discovered, ive heard cheats can use an exploit to find them (dont know if thats true or not, whoever is finding them is an expierenced player as to what they have taken, cheers for your reply McWendy

Place traps in front of the tent entrance + mines. They are just designed for protection

• Like 1

Nothing is "hidden". The maps, yes even Chernarus, are too small. Somebody will eventually find your shit, even without looking. I've stumbled on tents and boxes loads of times and I never even bothered trying to find other player's gear.

I've had buried crates in the middle of nowhere found and dug up.

I just don't really bother stashing anything these days. If I want to keep a particular item. I'll build a crate and leave it in a remote area under a tree...and even then, there's a rick that it'll eventually be found.

Edited by Tonyeh
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Buddagee said:

Yes they are using exploit called walking around. Tent is never hidden. Buried stash maybe, but a tent is never hidden. Putting camo net on it makes it slightly less obvious but not by much. Just because you place it a bit away from "shortest root to loot" really does not make it well hidden. 

• Thanks 1

best place IMO to hide loot is in the apartments.  They are empty of spawning loot evidently so no one bothers to walk through them, the odds someone finds your stach in there is quite low I'd say just put some barrels and crates on the floor and don't forget which apartment you picked and make sure no one sees you go in or out. 

Apartments and generally buildings can be scanned when map is loading. I have a friend that love to xray apartments. Because "(...)They are empty of spawning loot evidently so no one bothers to walk through them(...)".

• Like 1

Get a potato pc with a hdd that can barely run the game.  Watch as the terrain loads, then the loot, then the rest. Completely unavoidable if your hardware is bad. You can only see so far but it’s definitely the path of least resistance to locate hidden loot. Especially in city areas where the loot is above eye level. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Parazight said:

Get a potato pc with a hdd that can barely run the game.  Watch as the terrain loads, then the loot, then the rest. Completely unavoidable if your hardware is bad. You can only see so far but it’s definitely the path of least resistance to locate hidden loot. Especially in city areas where the loot is above eye level. 

You know you can purposefully decrease resolution and details even on a good PC right? 😄 But it's not worth the bother, tents stick out regardless. Perhaps OP could show us on the map what they consider "well hidden". 

On 6/19/2021 at 2:27 PM, airborneguy said:

Hackers most likely use exploits asnd cheats to steal base items. Happens daily

I had a pretty large stash that went unraided for months. One night I was playing and ran into the area my stash was in and all the boxes were dug up. I heard a guy call out saying: "Hey bro don't shoot me I'm friendly, look at this base I raided! Grab some loot!" after explaining to him it was mine he told me he has "hacks" that are very easy to find on the internet that allows him to see any type of item he wants within a specified range (anywhere from 1-8 kilometers). This was on the most popular FPP official server at the time. You can watch the encounter here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/525696632 it happens right at the beginning at uptime 1 minute and 50 seconds. At 3:50 I asked "How hard is it to be a hacker? Do a lot of ppl do it?" he said yea and all he did was look it up and purchased it through guys on Discord. 

To avoid hackers, I'd play community servers, private servers, or white-list servers. The hard part is whenever your stash gets raided you never know if it was a hacker or someone with a good eye so it's always a toss-up. Truly makes the end-game goal of making a base a lot less appealing. 

Edited by justice5150
Adding time stamp for the linked video.
  • Beans 1

On 6/27/2021 at 4:57 AM, justice5150 said:

I had a pretty large stash that went unraided for months. One night I was playing and ran into the area my stash was in and all the boxes were dug up. I heard a guy call out saying: "Hey bro don't shoot me I'm friendly, look at this base I raided! Grab some loot!" after explaining to him it was mine he told me he has "hacks" that are very easy to find on the internet that allows him to see any type of item he wants within a specified range (anywhere from 1-8 kilometers). This was on the most popular FPP official server at the time. You can watch the encounter here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/525696632 it happens right at the beginning at uptime 1 minute and 50 seconds. At 3:50 I asked "How hard is it to be a hacker? Do a lot of ppl do it?" he said yea and all he did was look it up and purchased it through guys on Discord. 

To avoid hackers, I'd play community servers, private servers, or white-list servers. The hard part is whenever your stash gets raided you never know if it was a hacker or someone with a good eye so it's always a toss-up. Truly makes the end-game goal of making a base a lot less appealing. 

And in the end you didn't even kill him?
But do you like these filthy guys so much?
I hope that at least you have reported him to B.I. or the Battle Eye by providing the video as well ... otherwise you are not so different from him. A saying in my part goes more or less like this: "he is a thief both who steals and who holds the sack" and I would add that so is he who sees the theft but does not report and remains silent.

🤨

• Beans 1

On 6/14/2021 at 10:44 AM, Buddagee said:

Running through the woods meta, it’s how I find all my top tier gear 

I mange to hide the medium tents and rarely are they ever found. My trick is to just find a landmark on a trail I use between locations I pace my groups of characters at, nothing obvious like a building, more like a tree or the 5th fencepost or 8th bush, whatever. Go 50meters or so left or right from that landmark. Find a big bush, cut it down. Place my tent on that spot where the bush was with camo net, then next server reset the bush come back leaving it nearly invisible. I also seek out only low pop servers and use multi accounts to store good stuff on. Tents only hold random crap gear and food items. All good stuff gets stored on " storage characters" Another thing to note I play on Xbox so there's no hackers, the load in trick does work on xbox for sure since its a crap CPU system, but I never place tents in areas where people are likely to be logging out.